Author Topic: WREGAG[UNBANNED]  (Read 3092 times)

Offline WREGAG

• View Profile
WREGAG[UNBANNED]
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »
  • WREGAG
  • 89.142.221.xx
  • [AK47]odala
  • "evade"
  • Huh, well basically yesterday I got temp. banned by b00tsyou for 36 hours with a reason "warned you kid" or smth like that, it was partly fair ban but I won't go into details since that's not important. Today I've tried to connect to AX just to see if I'm still banned and noticed that my ban was gone (I actually said "looks like I got unbanned" in the chat. Check the logs for proof). After playing for whole day, odala temp. banned me for 168 hours because I somehow evaded  ??? . After thinking for a while I came to a conclusion that my ban was probably related to my IP address and not on my username (weird), because my IP changes every 24hours I was able to connect with a different IP. If that's actually true, then the current system is a bit fucked up. How should people with dynamic IP know when they're actually unbanned if they can connect with different IP?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:08:27 am by [MAF]Agus »

Offline [AK47]odala

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: WREGAG
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »
You are on ban list, that means you are banned, see ya next week

P.S. each new evade will add +7 days to your ban

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:12:38 pm »
How should people with dynamic IP know when they're actually unbanned if they can connect with different IP?

It's as simple as using math to count the hours left

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
if you saw yourself get banned but your IP has changed since then, do NOT try to join the server as that would count as ban evading and may result in a longer ban.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline WREGAG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:11:25 pm »
You are on ban list, that means you are banned, see ya next week

P.S. each new evade will add +7 days to your ban

How could I know that I'm the ban list? Where's that list of banned players anyway? Do you think I'd actually try to play with banned account even tho I could get an extended ban? Fuck no. As I said before, I was sure that I got unbanned because script let me join with my (banned) username. Is it that hard to check server logs just to confirm that I didn't evade on purpose?

How should people with dynamic IP know when they're actually unbanned if they can connect with different IP?

It's as simple as using math to count the hours left

That's nonsense. Why would you need to count hours if the script could easily unban your username when your ban expires? That basically means if you join 1 hour earlier that you should, you get banned for another 7 days because you miscalcluated yourself and the script didn't warn you at all.

if you saw yourself get banned but your IP has changed since then, do NOT try to join the server as that would count as ban evading and may result in a longer ban.

Why simply not revamping the script that you cannot join with banned username until your ban expires? I must say this is the first time I've seen such ban system in my whole SAMP career.

I hope we could figure out something out as I clearly didn't evade on purpose and I'd really want to play before my exam period starts. Thanks.

Offline [AK47]odala

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »
You will be unbanned on next saturday, bye.

Offline WREGAG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 04:30:44 pm »
I stated some facts which proove that I didn't evade on purpose as I thought I was unbanned and the script let me join without any warning. How the fuck should I know that I was banned back then, hmm? I asked you to show me the list of banned players and looks like you're unable to do so. There's not fucking logic in this. Why would the script ban only the IP but not the username. It's like having a bank account which has been temporarily blocked but you can still withdraw/transfer cash from it. I hope mooman will be able to check the logs and confirm what I said beacause this is ridiculous. There are players who got banned for much worse things and they got unbanned after a day or two and I'm banned for 7 days because of a small misunderstanding.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »
Your original ban:
[24/05/2013 23:23] [89.142.19.xxx] [b00tsyou] temp banned [WREGAG] for 36 hours: warned you kid (Slovenia)

24/05/2013 23:23 + 36 hours = 26/05/2013 11:23

We ban by IP instead of account because most banned players try to reconnect with a new name and those who don't can easily be caught by our admins. However, although your ban for evading wasn't unjustified and ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking them, I have unbanned you early as I admit the current ban system can be a bit confusing.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »
Like WREGAG doesn't know our rules, lol :L

Dream on

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 12:05:36 am »
lol i meant rules for banned players, not the normal rules