Author Topic: Tourney 5 - Round 4  (Read 14610 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
Tourney 5 - Round 4
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

Round 4 will start very soon!

This round will end at 4am GMT, 27/5 and 6 people will be eliminated again.

This is a Sandking race with many offroad sections. I have not always placed babysitter CPs to point you the best way around bumps, so be careful. If you have any bump complaints, address them to Rockstar North.

Have fun!

Offline [FSR]Ali

Re: Tourney 5 - Round 4
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
Yesssss!! i think i can nail this one! good luck all ;)

Offline ComaX

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:41:47 pm »
Probably the 1st tourney race that i actually enjoyed :)

Offline [LSR]InZaneR

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:55:00 pm »
Hey there,

Lost 40 seconds at first attempt because of server lags.
After finishing it didn't teleport me back to start for my second attempt.

You can see the racetime is already running, although i wasn't teleported to start after finishing my first attempt.

Listed the chatlog of this lag, you'll see a lot of messages appear in the same second.

[spoiler=Chatlog][20:42:16] ChargeR_[GT] finished 9th in 3:37.115 (Score:+5.81)

[20:42:16] [FSR]WeedO [37]:{ffffff} joder ya ves

[20:42:16] [2F2F]Mute [36]:{ffffff} doing his tourney and it lags

[20:42:16] elanista has left the server! ({FF0000}Leaving{AFAFAF})

[20:42:16] [TOURNEY] [LSR]InZaneR finished Tourney5_Round4 in 5:59:121 (try: 1)

[20:42:16] [TOURNEY] Starting second try..

[20:42:16] *** {0AFF0A}KJR{00FF00} (United Kingdom) has joined the server

[20:42:16] Bite777 [44]:{ffffff} trolzor

[20:42:16] *** {0AFF0A}kemo_kk{00FF00} (Slovenia) has joined the server [Registered Player]

[20:42:16] [2F2F]WhitePanties [46]:{ffffff} fucktiaijbotgag

[20:42:16] Eimintas_Semeta [42]:{ffffff} fuu

[20:42:16] [2F2F]WhitePanties [46]:{ffffff} üoasdgadsgds

[20:42:16] [2F2F]WhitePanties [46]:{ffffff} s

[20:42:16] [2F2F]WhitePanties [46]:{ffffff} ds

[20:42:16] [Server] [2F2F]WhitePanties (46) was muted for flooding

[20:42:16] [STA]MartyNice has left the server! ({FF0000}Leaving{AFAFAF})

[20:42:16] [FSR]Ush [8]:{ffffff} nashville

[20:42:16] [FSR]WeedO [37]:{ffffff} lo de las motitos abandonadas no lo llego a enteneder

[20:42:16] Eimintas_Semeta [42]:{ffffff} fk lag

[20:42:16] [TOURNEY] Tourney5_Round4 by [MAF]Vertigo   (9.1 Miles) {FFFF00}5:13.725 by [2F2F]DodgeR

[20:42:16] [FSR]Ush [8]:{ffffff} lag?

[20:42:17] [LSR]InZaneR [6]:{ffffff} heavy lags[/spoiler]

I was talking to Ush about what to do while this happened. He told me to post that here.

May i get a second chance ?

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
I was there when the server was lagging, it was pretty unfair on Inzaner and it wasn't in his control in any way. Maybe give him one attempt (as he already knows the route kinda) if possible? I think it's fair 8)

Offline [RTF]elanista

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:08:10 pm »
yes, on my second try server got lags and totally ruined my run. its doesnt matter, just saying

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:28:17 am »
If you have any bump complaints, address them to Rockstar North.

lmao :L Can't wait to get on track and rage O0

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:50:37 am »
Actually this race isn't offroad at all lol. I mean, I barely saw any bumps that you could be surprised of.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:53:17 am »
I will try and find one :L

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »
No doubt, they will grow up in front of your face.

Offline miko

• View Profile
  • In-game name: miko
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 12:38:57 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlwfcE5y34[/youtube]

That was a weird fail on my second try, that could be easily a nice time, but a bump got me, and this happened. :( Hopefully i'll come into the next round :o

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »
lmao

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »
best round so far, I like it  :D

Offline RuBenXitoH

• Be Yourself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 05:04:18 pm »
I was there when the server was lagging, it was pretty unfair on Inzaner and it wasn't in his control in any way. Maybe give him one attempt (as he already knows the route kinda) if possible? I think it's fair 8)
totally unfair to give a second chance as he know the race.. he can just practice it and do it better.. other players got disqualified unfairly too and no second chances.. Sorry for inz but i just want a fair tourney to all..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:09:20 pm by RuBenXitoH »

Offline [LSR]InZaneR

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »
totally unfair to give a second chance as he know the race.. he can just practice it and do it better.. other players got disqualified unfairly too and no second chances..

How is a second chance unfair in this case ?
Everyone has 2 attempts, and i couldn't even start the second one.
I didn't make any mistakes in the first run, and some people had been given second chances, they just missed them.

Haven't been online since then, so I didn't practice.

Offline Mute.

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »
totally unfair to give a second chance as he know the race.. he can just practice it and do it better.. other players got disqualified unfairly too and no second chances.. Sorry for inz but i just want a fair tourney to all..

I think some people have been given 2nd chances if the situation was unfair on them.

Offline Gruk_[GT]

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »
totally unfair to give a second chance as he know the race.. he can just practice it and do it better.. other players got disqualified unfairly too and no second chances..

How is a second chance unfair in this case ?
Everyone has 2 attempts, and i couldn't even start the second one.
I didn't make any mistakes in the first run, and some people had been given second chances, they just missed them.

Haven't been online since then, so I didn't practice.
The same, I didn't run the 2nd attempt, I even didn't run the 1st (only 1st second of countdown  :L), and? I didn't get an another chance  :-\

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »
The same, I didn't run the 2nd attempt, I even didn't run the 1st (only 1st second of countdown  :L), and? I didn't get an another chance  :-\
yeah, but you made that happen and he didn't. server was lagging hard, he couldn't do anything about it.

Offline Gruk_[GT]

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »
yeah, but you made that happen and he didn't. server was lagging hard, he couldn't do anything about it.
He didn't know about lag and I didn't know about lag with tt list, someone said that bug can be used as a lie to get another attempt, but lags can be used too, so lag = bug, almost no difference.

P.S. Anyway do what you want, I'm in any case already out, so I almost don't care, just will consider it unfair and that's all  :L
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:09:38 pm by Noob_[GT] »

Offline [LSR]InZaneR

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:30 pm »

He didn't know about lag and I didn't know about lag with tt list, someone said that bug can be used as a lie to get another attempt, but lags can be used too, so lag = bug, almost no difference.

P.S. Anyway do what you want, I'm in any case already out, so I almost don't care, just will consider it unfair and that's all  :L

Why would i lie ? I posted a screenshot and a chatlog, so they can see that i couldn't do anything. And the server was lagging, not me.
Won't complain any further now, waiting for Vertigo to reply. :P

Offline Gruk_[GT]

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 07:46:34 pm »

Why would i lie ? I posted a screenshot and a chatlog, so they can see that i couldn't do anything. And the server was lagging, not me.
I don't say that you lie, I just said they told me that bug (and probably lag) can be used as a lie to get another attempt, and that's why they didn't give me it. And yeah, close this argue xD

P.S. Hope you'll get your 2nd try, yeah it is unfair, but I don't want to see another victim of this unfairly shit
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:49:03 pm by Noob_[GT] »

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 12:55:40 am »

I trust you, but I have to stay consistent with my other decisions. As it was something beyond our control, I can't allow a second chance. This would unfair to others who are out because of things beyond our control (e.g. Ouzo). Sorry, but I hope you understand!

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 10:12:07 am »
Worst race so far, some kind of drag on sand with a few bumps and a few jumps.. lol.

Offline [LSR]InZaneR

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:30 am »
If it's like that i understand.

But there's one thing that bothers me:

There were a lot of DSQ last round. Mostly because they fell down the cliff and got too far away from the CP.
So basically it was their own mistake and they had been given second chances.
And as you said it was beyond your control, but also beyond mine.
I didn't even make a mistake, the cp's just didn't register, I lost a lot of time and didn't get to have second run.

Did Ouzo have a similar problem ?
If so, it's ok for me. I don't want to cause any trouble :P

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 12:12:16 pm »
Worst race so far, some kind of drag on sand with a few bumps and a few jumps.. lol.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »
If it's like that i understand.

But there's one thing that bothers me:

There were a lot of DSQ last round. Mostly because they fell down the cliff and got too far away from the CP.
So basically it was their own mistake and they had been given second chances.
And as you said it was beyond your control, but also beyond mine.
I didn't even make a mistake, the cp's just didn't register, I lost a lot of time and didn't get to have second run.

Did Ouzo have a similar problem ?
If so, it's ok for me. I don't want to cause any trouble :P

Ouzo had a different problem, but it was also out of our control.

Last round, we were working on changing the part of the code that caused the DNFs (before the round began), so it was within our control and that's why we allowed another chance there. You can read the discussion in the player times thread.