Author Topic: Triple suggestion  (Read 4026 times)

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
Triple suggestion
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:46 pm »
1: flip in IV
2: ping limit
3: stunt worlds

1- When building a IV race, could it be possible to toggle ON ability to use /f ?

2- What do you think of lowering the ping limit (currently 500, make it about 350 or 400)? I see many players even from South America have a ping usually around 250 so even for them 350-400 is a high ping... and it's quite a mess for everyone especially in one world races.

3- Last one, I had already suggested it a while ago on server so idk if it's still remembered, it's for stunt, I had the idea while seeing some players getting annoyed in stunt by others DMing them with hunter/hydra...
It would be nice to have stunt worlds working kind of like groups (we have that for chat) / freeroam: a player may enter his own stunt world, choose if he wants or not to have the stunt maps added (on freeroam they're not available, it'd be nice to have the choice?), have the ability to /stuntinvite ID, and the invited player could /joinstunt ID when invited, and last detail, the host of the stunt world could set the special features for everybody, or choose to leave them free (I think it could be nice if we have some events such as destruction derby, the host is the only one to be able to use stunt commands, can set no autorepair, hardcore mode if possible and so on, so nobody "cheats").

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Triple suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »
2- What do you think of lowering the ping limit (currently 500, make it about 350 or 400)? I see many players even from South America have a ping usually around 250 so even for them 350-400 is a high ping... and it's quite a mess for everyone especially in one world races.

Vertigo won't be happy :L

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:22 pm »
vert got immunity anyway

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:09:07 am »

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:13:34 am »

:'(

I guess it would be ok, if trusted players are given immunity. But that kinda doesn't give new players a chance to earn that respect.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:20:45 am »
The ping limit sounds like you exclude people.. new people with high ping are unable to settle on our server.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 12:33:28 pm »
its indeed an exclusion, but its based on an objective reasons that can cause inconvenience for others, so it would be fine on its own, but with exceptions it indeed sounds unfair. i think vertigo has the highest ping out of regulars, is it like 350?

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »
Yes, as Karlis said. There already is this exclusion anyway, my suggestion is just to make it a little bit more strict. Also, I had another thought, would it be possible to make the ping limit possible only for /race and/or for rush hours: for example whenever there are over 20 players online, the ping limit is 350 in /race mode and 500 in other modes. Whenever there are less than 20 players online, it's 500 even in /race, or maybe 400 for /race and 500 for the rest. With a warning at some point (when kicked?) to tell the players they may get a higher ping limit when not in /race so it doesn't bother other racers...

Also, the way there could be exceptions would be for example all admins get immunity because they (have to) spend time speccing for cheaters instead of racing, I know some players spend very little time actually racing...

Anyway it seems this suggestion is not much appreciated, that's alright I kind of expected it but I just wanted to see if/how many there would be favorable opinions. Any comments on the other suggestions? Improvements/critis?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:53:16 pm by ... »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:59 pm »
1) will do it soon.
3) i like it (no wonder, as i originally suggested it in admin chat :L), but its quite a lot of work, so i'm not making any promises.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:40:36 pm by [MAF]Karlis »

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:36:37 pm »
But what about us 300 pingers?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »
now vehicle auto repair is bundled together with ability to flip in IVs, I don't think this could cause any issues (vehicles will look completely repaired even in IVs with this on, but personally i see it as an advantage, as the smoke particles are one of the main things killing fps in sa).

about 300 pingers, we can't do anything except maybe make them not being able to be drivers in IVs

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »
No, I mean during normal races, will we be just kicked out?  :'(

But I do agree, with the Rush Hours thing, if it is during rush hour all pings must be below, maybe 380? but when after the Rush Hours server will come back to 500 ping to server us high pingers
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:55:08 pm by [AK47]Rob »