Author Topic: hud problem  (Read 2451 times)

Offline [LSR]Cypher

• Manager
  • Right behind you
    • View Profile
hud problem
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:45:17 am »
Hey there! I've entered the server today and my hud got reseted to the default template. Loading hud from /hud gave me the base settings from the pod's template (which I had before) but position of some info and the colors were lost. This has happened to me several times before so now it's time to report it! :-\

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: hud problem
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:32:53 am »
The server was bugged earlier because there were too many HUDs in the folder storing them, so we've moved them all to a safe location until the bug can be fixed.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:10 am »
i'd upload the fix, but i have other uncommited stuff.
for now just upper the string size to 2048, moo.

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 10:10:15 am »
How did this happen? lol Really weird bug

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:36:58 am »
there was a global string with the length of 1024 that held hud names for a short while, so the dialog could be loaded, but as the hud count grew the string overflowed and touched some other variables which are located in memory addresses right after it(no idea why strcat() didn't cause any error output, it should).
we're really lucky that no critical variable was changed, as debugging this without working server would be nearly impossible.

alternative theory is that the array_ functions got corrupt with this size, but i doubt it, as they are designed to be variable size.

i already wrote the code for multi-page /huds, but it will have to wait until i sort other stuff out, for now bigger size should work.

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:24 am »
Ok.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »
it was broken again, but seems fixed now.
there were just some corrupt hud files left, so if you see it corrupt again, report the first player with .HUD as country, thanks.