Author Topic: A IV mode without kills... ?  (Read 6338 times)

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
A IV mode without kills... ?
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:43:37 pm »
I've come up with an idea that could be useful for long IV races (not short ones imo), there could be a few difficulties to code? and improvements to do to my idea, I'll try to explain it clearly:

Instead of getting killed when your HP is empty, you get teleported behind... For examply 5 CPs back (with no car, and maybe if possible for a few sec you have god mode so you're not instantly killed again with deagle), the number of CPs could change depending on the race, or be like first kill = 3 Cp, 2nd kill = 4CP... And when you respawn a bit behind, you have to use /NC (so /NC would have to be possible)

Also, another idea (might be hard to code) is that, if you choose not to always be a driver, after getting killed if it detects a driver with no shooter a few CPs back, you get teleported to him, otherwise you don't.
For example: I get killed after CP 62, it's my first death so I should be teleported 3 CPs behind, to CP 59. Player B is currently at CP 57 with no shooter, teleport me to him? But if Player B is at CP 60 (kinda unfair, maybe even CP 59 is unfair because of momentum), don't teleport me to him, or at CP 55 (too far from CP 59).

Hope it was clear enough, if the idea could be improved and coded that would be nice, particularly on some IV races where it's hard to reach the end without getting killed.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: A IV mode without kills... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:23 pm »
seems like a good idea
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:07:02 pm »
why not generally edit to orginal gta4 races?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ozRgAqD8g[/youtube]

as you see:
-weapons as powerups on/around the track(copy that mariokart mode, with changed weapon icons)
-killed players in gta4 are given Faggio, but SA Faggio is too OPed imo, so needs something similar but.. hmm any ideas?

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:49:43 pm »

-killed players in gta4 are given Faggio, but SA Faggio is too OPed imo, so needs something similar but.. hmm any ideas?
whats OP about it?
even if its unrealistically fast its still turtle when compared to most cars and shooting with it isn't that easy too.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
isn't too fast in corners?

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:02:01 pm »
i think any straights would compensate it good enough, anyway i think mario-kart like gamemode that actually uses something other than mariokart and maybe shooting will be really fun.

back to the Ouzo's idea, i think it could be good as well, forcing more chaos would be so fun.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:09:59 pm »
you know Faggio top speed on straight with tapping bug is even higher than Buffalo?

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:08 pm »
i thought that its slower tbh, but in either way it wont be that bad if the faggio can catch up, just records for it should be disabled.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 10:42:00 pm »
ok, then, altho got high top speed, acceleration is rather poor

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:45:29 am »
I like the idea of going back 5CPs, sounds fun and fair.

Then let the person /nc the default race car 3 seconds after respawning or something. Faggio system sounds too open to abuse.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:37 am »
so just after someone gets killed, respawns at 5 cps behind and is given deflaut vehicle? good
now focus on weapons as collectible powerups (no more dying after 10 seconds of race)

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 09:30:53 am »
ban deagle from weapon selector , easy kill

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:26:03 am »
deagle is too much fun to delete

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »
not ban deagle, it is good, but just as in gta4, make weapons as pickable powerups

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »
<3 deagle, best IV weapon. I would miss it too much.