Author Topic: Cromiell needs help - Problem with keyboard  (Read 2167 times)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

Cromiell needs help - Problem with keyboard
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:00:03 pm »
Yesterday, my 1.5 years old Omega Cassiopeia keyboard "lost" its regulation knob for illumination. I tried to glue it a bit but plastic is broken and it didn't make the work. Furthermore, I'm afraid by doing this I fucked it up even more. I got a question. Is there any soft or hardcore way to make it work manually? I just want it to have lights turned on constantly. Maybe some short-citcuit or whatever else. I can add screens of how it looks like. Basically I don't even know how it works... When knob was on its place it used to make 360 degrees from 0% to 100% light. I don't care much if I will destroy the place when it was placed lol.  :L Just want to have it working.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:02:30 pm by [MAF]Cromiell »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: Cromiell needs help - Problem with keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »
get it out and check, is there any rotating parts left, if there is, chances are you can just rotate them.
and close up picture of inside would help.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »
Ø 1mm

+
some drill

+
Ø 1 or 2mm one of these

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »
i think there should be some moving parts left inside the "barrel" of the switch, try carefully insert something inside and rotate it.

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 05:37:19 pm »
I was thinking about connectings pins but I just used a hammer, knife and screwdriver. Destroyed left plastic and shits. I've set it to the Max and glued the knob.  It will illuminate forever lol. Thanks for help anyway.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »
that's what i meant, put it at max forever by turning and securing the knob, except i wouldn't risk to do it with a hammer :L
good as new, nice!