Author Topic: Crazybob's Points Map  (Read 27027 times)

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

Re: Crazybob's Points Map
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »

An Excel plot of a few minutes on CrazyBob's server. Now I know the data is all legit, I can start making a plotting program of my own...

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 07:05:24 pm »
Surprise!

I am ready for data now...  O0

I will try to make it a bit more complex and sexy as I go.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 07:21:10 pm »
Will take some time to get the data, i wrote the logger, but it needs some debug when server is emptier and then it needs at least few days of running.

Offline McD0n3ld

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »
wouldn't be more interesting to get data when a player's car is damaged? so we know where are the spots where people crash/is rammed :D

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 07:52:56 pm »
wouldn't be more interesting to get data when a player's car is damaged? so we know where are the spots where people crash/is rammed :D

That's the plan.  ;) The reason this is a trail is because I needed some data to test the program.

@Karlis: Remember to stop logging when the player crosses the finish line because people always ram each other for fun at the end of the race and that could interfere with the results.

Here is a 2000 second run on AX server:

Looking at the trails at SF airport, the Top Gear track is a really accurate representation of the real thing,

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:55:56 pm by [MAF]Epoxi »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »
@Karlis: Remember to stop logging when the player crosses the finish line because people always ram each other for fun at the end of the race and that could interfere with the results.
to me that would be the most interesting part, the patterns of something that is considered chaos :P i will think of some kind of grouping.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:17 pm »
Here is my latest rendering...

If you look carefully you can see some dots are different colours. The higher the number of counts at that point, the redder the dot. This will be very useful with masses of data.  8)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
make the near dots with same id(it'll be provided from data) connect together, will look cooler.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »
make the near dots with same id(it'll be provided from data) connect together, will look cooler.

I have an idea how to do that, it's a little complicated so I will save it for later.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:08 pm »
like this or more fancy?
PS: i know the float comparison is harder than this due to precision loss, just an example
Code: [Select]
int drawLine(floatX1,float Y1,float Y1,float Y2,float steps)
{
  for(float i = 0.0; i <= 1.0; i += (1.0 / steps))
  {
    DrawDot(X1+i*(X2-X1),Y1+i*(Y2-Y1));
  }
  return 1;
}

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 08:18:37 am »
this is shaping up very nicely 8)
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »
like this or more fancy?
PS: i know the float comparison is harder than this due to precision loss, just an example
Code: [Select]
int drawLine(floatX1,float Y1,float Y1,float Y2,float steps)
{
  for(float i = 0.0; i <= 1.0; i += (1.0 / steps))
  {
    DrawDot(X1+i*(X2-X1),Y1+i*(Y2-Y1));
  }
  return 1;
}

Thanks, but I am using FTLK which already has a line drawing function.  :D

I was just thinking that I have to make a line length limit because simply joining all the dots will draw big messy lines all over the screen (because of teleports and interiors). I will need to find max. gap between dots, for instance driving an Infernus at top speed for one second.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2012, 01:28:50 pm »
yeah, as player quits wont even be logged you have to connect only if dots are, lets say, not more than 100m apart(that would be 360kmh, aprox. the max speed of NRG-500 when radding).

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2012, 02:06:39 pm »
I found the speed limit for Hydra is 82 units in one second, so I have set the max join gap to 85 units. It appears to connect the dots nicely so far.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »
i think nrg radding can go faster (and boat radding, but we shouldn't support that as it can reach 700kmh and crash the game lol)