Poll

Bottled water, flavoured bottled water, or tap water?

Tap water
17 (65.4%)
Bottled water
9 (34.6%)
Bottled flavoured water
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Water  (Read 6767 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Water
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
Reason being, I stopped drinking fizzy drinks because it's giving me some health issues considering I drank it every day at one point.

Now, I don't really like water but I'll give it a go and get used to it.

Flavoured water can be just as bad as fizzy drinks like coke etc because of all the stuff it contains.

What type of water do you lot drink? (I know Tom drinks toilet water) And if we have any water experts in the house who like fitness, please tell!

And what would be the best bottled water to drink?

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
Re: Water
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »
personally, I drink tap water, but let it sit for a little bit in a cup to dechlorinate before drinking, tastes better
HELLO THERE

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:18:47 pm »
I like the idea of squeezing a bit of lemon juice or apple juice, purely from fruit as well into plain old tap water

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:24:45 pm »
Tap water. I know how you feel tho, it is since a few years that I actually started to appreciate water again, before I drank shitty drinks most of the day..

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:26:09 pm »
It's the basic simple things we should enjoy in life. I think we think more about it as we get older.

Offline Gen

• Admin
  • I LIKE SPORTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:55 pm »
I always drink 0,75L of tap water before a workout, been doing that for months. On average I drink 2 to 2.5L of water everyday. Gets me hydrated after and before my workouts and water just tastes really good imo. Drinking a lot of water makes your stomach more full also so you eat less and can lose weight more efficiently. Even more if you add physical activities.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 05:03:35 pm »
tap water. Luckily in Latvia there's mostly hard water(high mineral content), so it tastes better than it would elsewhere.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »
The quality of water here is very good and has stuff added to it like fluoride which makes it healthier to drink than bottled water, so i'll drink tap water over bottled any day.

But I'll definately add ice! Any cold drink is better icy cold lol

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 05:23:20 pm »
I remember going to Turkey many years ago and being told to NOT drink the tap water haha. Been scarred ever since lol. Time to take the plunge into the land of health and fitness!

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
Haha, you can't drink tap water in southern Europe, the water is filled with chloride to get rid of all the bacterias :L

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »
i'm beduin so i'm probably making out with the water bottle all day :P

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »
Haha, you can't drink tap water in southern Europe, the water is filled with chloride to get rid of all the bacterias :L

Oh I thought it was just sea water. I was only 10 :L

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
Haha epic.

I usually drink water, coffee, lemonade, beer and milk.. and sometimes some juice. I almost never drink cola or stuff like that, I can't even remember when I had it in home for the last time.. months ago. Sometimes I drink cola at work, not much though.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 06:04:04 pm »
Flavoured bottled water, tea, milk, orange/blackcurrent squash for me. But making the switch to tap water now

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 07:06:33 pm »
Tap water is safe in any proper country, it's actually checked more than bottled water which is just a giant rip off that costs like 1p to make but is sold for 100x that. Plus they add fluoride to tap water so you'll get less cavities.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!