Author Topic: my computer window blank  (Read 6403 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
Re: my computer window blank
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:10 am »
Ok well I guess I guess I'll just deal with it for now and hope it doesn't get worse.

Thanks

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 01:06:41 am »
if u external harddisk is "blank" or  you can see the "drive hardware on MY PC" but nothing in here or u cant access.... assign it a letter with PARAGON PARTITION MANAGER 12 FREE ... download it, register on page and get a free serial..

if u will use the Partition Managear (watchout about other drivers, unplug/remove all USB pendrives, external disks, secondary hdd, etc) just Assign a letter to ur "blank hdd" and it will ask you "DO U WANT RESTART NOW?" .... clic and wait... maybe ur harddisk will fine now.   (do right clic on the list and just assign a letter, it WONT delete or modify any file)

:S weird... some viruses delete the letters on USB or external hdd... it happened to me lately, and i fixed with paragon...

well.. if it is another kind of virus.... 

1.- PRESS WINkey + R

2.- type "CMD" and press Enter

3.- already on MS-DOS window.... type "CD.."  and press enter  (do it twice, it's useless but anyways lol )

4.- select ur drive letter,  type "F:" and press Enter  (if u external hdd has the F: letter on it)

5.- already in ur "fucked/hidden harddisk drive"  type this     attrib -s -h -r /s /d      and press ENTER

if u did correctly, u can see ur files and everything.... but if u dont.. :( there is another program for do it... called: ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE, it works for clone HardDiskDrivers or fix them when  u cant see them correctly... but that more complicated and need screenshots that i dont have.. lol..

good luck

PS: if u bios can "see/detect" ur harddisk, it means thats not dead... just has a letter fucked or some partition or something wrong with clusters

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:28:19 am by Killerbunnies »

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 06:59:58 am »
The thing is it's not strictly the external HDD that it happens to. Sometimes, from the moment I open Computer nothing loads up and is forever searching with the magnifying glass and not even local disk loads. So I dunno really. I'll just hope it doesn't get worse for now lol.

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:38:35 am »
well, maybe you already know this, but there is Tuneup Utilities 2012 or AVG Tuneup 2011.... use one or both at same time on your computer, fix all the errors that utilities finds and look for a "special feature" on disable windows elements, there is a thing called WINDOWS SEARCHING INDEX, that does what mypc's bar goes slow.... disable that thing and maybe u can see ur window explorer more faster and estable....

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:09 am »
Hey guys, got some advice from a friend to check the logs in Event Viewer and there are a shit tonne of errors.

From I can pick out wit my untrained eyes, it looks like there may be some issues with the power supply and the HDD. Can you guys give me any more advice from this info?

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »
possibly some driver or firewall error. looking on google, kernel-power errors aren't anything to do with the psu.
here's one example i found:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/104790-possible-causes-kernel-power-critical-errors.html

i think you should reinstall windows at this point just to confirm whether it's a hardware problem or a software problem
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 12:41:41 pm »
:(

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44:44 pm »
loool afrosmurf

and perhaps my external HDD is to blame for the errors then, what could possibly conflict with those? shud i search for the latest driver for it?

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 07:34:01 pm »
have u tried ur external hdd in another pc????  :-\

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:16 pm »
Voltage is problem on your external hard drive.
USB only supplies 5V but some hard drives need 12V so if there is no stable voltage you get plenty errors same as appear in your log file....
Which cause problems in system and some files become damaged.
I would recommended you to stop using that external drive and buy new one or even put another 3.5'' drive in your case.
Also to make things clear you have to re-install  your Windows 7 as i wrote in previous message.

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 04:49:23 am »
try this Vertigo, i think ur hdd needs a full cleaning

[youtube]zjRsGsX9FkE[/youtube]