Author Topic: Tourney 4 - Information and Rules  (Read 4887 times)

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
Tourney 4 - Information and Rules
« on: June 26, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
4th AdrenalineX Tournament

Format
The tournament will be in an elimination format. This means that every round, a number of players with the slowest times will be eliminated. With 16 rounds, the number of players eliminated each round will decrease as the rounds go on, with only 1 person being eliminated in the last few rounds.

Attempts
Every player will have two attempts at the race each round. Both attempts will have to be taken one after the other, so don't be surprised when you are forced into a second run.
You will have 3 days to make your attempt (approx 72 hours). If you don't make the deadline, you will not set a time and will therefore be put to the bottom of the standings for that round.

Second chances won't be given. If you hit a bump, have connection problems, miss a CP or something unlucky along those lines, sorry but it's just bad luck. This goes for whether you were in your first or second attempt.

Don't backtrack. This is considered cheating and you will be disqualified if you do it.

Vehicles
Voting on the vehicles has closed and the ones that will be in the tournament are:
- Cheetah
- Bullet
- Buffalo
- Infernus
- Flash
- Turismo
- NRG-500
- Alpha
- Super GT
- Sultan
- Banshee
- Elegy
- Phoenix
- Sandking
- Voodoo
- Comet

Which vehicle will be in which round will be decided at random. The races will hopefully be made to the strengths of each vehicle, but I'm sure some of you (MadMax) will disagree with me lol.

Commands
All you need is /tourney. Ask for an admin to enter you into the tourney.

Make sure you are ready, you won't get a second chance!

Cheating
Anyone caught cheating, whether it be helping people, practicing, providing information or anything along those lines will be disqualified or perhaps even harsher punishment put in place.

Times
Each round will have it's own thread to say when the sround starts, ends and any questions people may have.
There will also be a thread or page with the times on it which will update automatically.

Page with times

I encountered a bug once or twice where when I entered the tournament from an MTA race above the sea, it bugged the tourney. It didn't happen every time, but I suggest you wait until a regular race until you enter the tourney.

I'm sure I've missed stuff, so if I remember I'll update this post.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:35:29 pm by [MAF]mooman »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: Information and Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »
:D

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:41:21 pm »
YAY! Let the fails begin...

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:48:27 pm »
 :D Nice. Lets see what it gets this year

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:21:47 pm »
I find it strange that we/Vertigo organize(s) tourneys in the summer holidays (winter for Vertigo :L), because most people miss rounds cause of vacations/trips XD

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:30:48 pm »
I just assume that holidays = people aren't busy with homework and that sort of stuff.

Anyway 50+ people entered so I guess we can't be missing too many people lol

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »
Believe me, homeworks is much less concern than holidays for most of the people. This does not apply to ones who are working, but for them there's no clear dates of holidays either. Plus it takes like 30minutes maximum per 3 days.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:05:42 pm »
Next time we might change the date then :P

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »
Well the tourney is always when i go on holiday lol.. i take my laptop with me tho.. but i cant really set a serious time then..

Offline [LSR]Cassidy

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 05:12:35 pm »
Ffs, i got on holiday on 18 july, well this sucks, i only can participate 2 or 3 races i think....

+1, for a new date

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »
I wonder if I put a vote up how many people would vote for a later start date...

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »
Ffs, i got on holiday on 18 july, well this sucks, i only can participate 2 or 3 races i think....

+1, for a new date

true. I also might go offline for 3 weeks and that makes me miss the whole tournament probably.. I find the tourney nice and so I like to participate..

I don't say another date is better, cause other people aren't available at that time.. but the start of september is best for most I guess.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:11 am »
Now that sign ups are closed I was able to figure out how many rounds there will have to be. There will still be 16 rounds which is good.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:51:16 am by [MAF]Vertigo »