Author Topic: Vehicle swap in Mario Kart  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
Vehicle swap in Mario Kart
« on: April 30, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »
Well first of all, when you grab a pickup and it says you have a sanchez or a cheetah, press fire and you get trown out of your kart and then a sanchez or cheetah spawns, at the same speed you were in the kart,  for you to drive for a short while.
Then when your sanchez/cheetah time runs out said vehicle disappears and you get put back into a kart only this time you completely stop and loose your speed.

I don't know if thats how the race is meant to be or not but I think it'd be better if you didn't loose your speed gained with sanchez/cheetah when you swap back to a kart.

Second, weird finding imo...

I was riding a sanchez (obtained from pickup) and when the sanchez time was almost over I hit some obstacle and caused me to spin and fall off the bike. When I was off the bike time ran out and I got put into a kart again leaving the sanchez on the track and didn't disappear.

I first thought this could be abused, getting off the kart and grab the sanchez, but since you cannot get off the the kart, well...

Anyway that's my weird finding.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: Vehicle swap in Mario Kart
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »
the 2nd issue is fixed by not allowing to exit, but first one is due to buggy MTA mode, which is hard to balance between good swap and no crashes.