Author Topic: [NEW MODE] Super Duel  (Read 5068 times)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
[NEW MODE] Super Duel
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
Like duel, you have 2 cars in one world.

The cars start behind eachother and the first player has to maintain his place and the second has to try overtake this guy. You win if you overtake as 2nd and you win as you maintain 1st place while starting first. If you start 1st and finish 2nd or as you start 2nd and finish 2nd you lose the race.

Like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SvIR2PQUe0[/youtube]

Not sure if this is possible to script.

Offline AnriB

• View Profile
Re: [NEW MODE] Super Duel
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
but then there will be like 10 1st places and 10 2nd places or this will be determined by the time when 1st places finish ?

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:07 am »
Or disable adding it to /stats.

Offline [FSR]Ali

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:53:51 am »
what about the ramming? if the 1st player must maintain his place he can ram, block or lag ... i think its not fair because the 1st player has many options(ram,block,lag) and the 2nd has no option but to keep up behind the 1st player ....... great idea though, it sounds fun when its performe by deceplined players, but hey if R Could make it as a independint mode like /TT then it would be a great idea :)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:17:40 am »
Yeah might be the new form of /duel and you can choose a race with your partner and duel that race... I think this sounds good :D

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:55 am »
that's basically a race with just one grid line

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:02 am »
Basically that's true, but I don't think it is fair to formulate it in that way. That is like saying football is just kicking a ball around.. way too simplistic.

Offline AnriB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »
it might be a good mode , must get tested

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
Quite a nice idea but it would need a few changes, because there's a problem I thought about:

Sometimes you become first because you're closer to the next checkpoint on a direct distance, while you're not actually closer, like when there's a U-Turn, or a highway exit (you know those exits that are like a spiral/almost circle).

And with the bad sync it's not the best thing either.

In my opinion it should be like overtake and keep the lead for some time... or better some distance (so it's not unfair between short and long races) like 5 or 10% of the total distance of the race.

But still this is a bit easier for the "defendant" who has to keep his lead. Maybe make it like the defendant wins only 50% of the stake if he wins, the challenger wins 100%? For example: I challenge Ush for 10.000$. He wins, he gets 5.000$ from me. He loses, I'll get 10.000$ from him.
(It also seems a bit logic for me that it's better the one who takes the initiative to challenge somebody is more "arrogant" so he'll have to do the harder job, and so people don't juste duel if they are gonna get an advantage toward the defendant)

Nice idea anyway.

Edit: oh and also I just thought, another problem is for the grid... what about one world races, or even normal world? Setting a new world for the players would be unfair toward others... Was your idea to make that completely out of /race (because I see [NEW MODE] so I guess it may be out of /race and some kind of /tt)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:24:03 pm by OuzoMeze »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »
But Ouzo, you don't need to lead the whole race to finish first.. if you started first. You can fail and come back and overtake..

And money, I don't really need money involved into this.. it's just plain fun to race against friends.

And yes, you can't do this in /race.. cause you race against only 1 person and not against the whole server. Imo it's the evolution of /duel. But just 10 times better. But no need to delete /duel cause it are 2 different things after all.

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »
But Ouzo, you don't need to lead the whole race to finish first.. if you started first. You can fail and come back and overtake..

Oh yeah my bad I thought you said as soon as the 2nd overtakes he wins.

And yeah no need to involve money either it's not really important.

Offline tr1cks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 07:23:50 pm »
I like this idea