Author Topic: My computer is suffering  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Aubrey

• Jimi is my Hendrix
    • View Profile
My computer is suffering
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »
My computer is currently suffering from a virus that I have no clue of it's existence. I'm now always getting blue screens.. Since I have the Windows 7 non-genuine, that's probably the reason. Having non-genuine is risky because it doesn't protect you from viruses. I can't access anything on my desktop.. The way I'm doing this right now is going on Safe Mode w/ networking. My start menu programs are invisible as well.. I have the installation disk, but it's for Windows Vista ONLY. When I start the installation, it will restart my computer, but it will automatically go to Windows 7. There's really nothing I can do. I'm really wanting to reboot my whole computer atm. Once I do that, I'll just download the things I need (like antiviruses etc). Can anyone help me? All the help is appreciated. Thank you.

Offline [FSR]Ali

Re: My computer is suffering
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:29:36 pm »

take it to the nighborhood nerd and he'll fix it for you ;)

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:53:50 pm »
Since I have the Windows 7 non-genuine, that's probably the reason. Having non-genuine is risky because it doesn't protect you from viruses.
This is total wrong,genuine or non genuine windows have nothing with viruses in your system.

You should have been install antivirus before you started downloading games,programs where pleny of them having viruses in package.

Seems you have no such experience with PC so there is not much to suggest you,call PC service and they will fix your problems. ;)

Offline Aubrey

• Jimi is my Hendrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:03:42 pm »
Since I have the Windows 7 non-genuine, that's probably the reason. Having non-genuine is risky because it doesn't protect you from viruses.
This is total wrong,genuine or non genuine windows have nothing with viruses in your system.

You should have been install antivirus before you started downloading games,programs where pleny of them having viruses in package.

Seems you have no such experience with PC so there is not much to suggest you,call PC service and they will fix your problems. ;)
I had 4 antiviruses installed on my computer. Scanned everyday, and found nothing..

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »
4 different antivirus programs doesnt help at all if they aren't proper configured what they should do...
Often they kill each other and there comes more problems than having none

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:41 pm »
4 different antivirus programs doesnt help at all if they aren't proper configured what they should do...
Often they kill each other and there comes more problems than having none

I noticed this on my computer when I had 2 different AVs installed.
Often I'd get popups with one interfering with the other.
I got rid of one of them and haven't had any virus issues since.

Can't really help you with the actualy virus problem tho...hang around for more Jal info I guess.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »
Can't really help you with the actualy virus problem tho...hang around for more Jal info I guess.
There is not much usefull to suggest him cause trough his first post i see his windows is in really bad condition so repair windows or even installing some programs to repair errors wont help him at all.

If you not mind to keep Windows Vista as your primary system you should forget on that DVD what you keep on desk.
Borrow from some friend Windows 7 or what version you are about to install,then care to make back up of important documents on external drive...Then when you are sure nothing important stay in your previous system do full format of hard drive and install new system.
When you make that first install drivers for components and care to find some powerful antivirus to scan your files on external drive cause i truly believe your documents are full of viruses as well...
So when you are sure you did well everything what i suggested above you could try install games and programs what you like.

If this sounds too hard to make for you,call PC service and they will make that for less than 24 hours...

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 12:06:04 am »
Reinstall windows on pc?

Offline Aubrey

• Jimi is my Hendrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 08:17:11 pm »
I cannot access anything on my pc. I can't use system restore because I don't have any restore points.. Can't reinstall windows because I only have the vista installation disk (and I have Windows 7). Every time I start up the installation of windows vista, it starts up normally (moves files etc..) After, it restarts my pc, and once I get to the setup, it gives me this retarted user virus called "Other User".. Setup doesn't finish.. Therefore, I can't reinstall windows
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:20:45 pm by [FSR]slowtits »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:03 pm »
press F7(or F8-9?) on boot, and select your disc to boot with instead of hard drive.

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
did you by any chance became victim of the smart HDD fake tool? I myself got infected with it but I was able to remove it and restore my files; tho I'm not sure if I removed everything associated with the virus from my system but it looks normal now.

btw if you were victim of this there are some guides out there to remove it, google them.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline Aubrey

• Jimi is my Hendrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 07:52:42 pm »
did you by any chance became victim of the smart HDD fake tool?
Yes, I am. It always pops up and starts scanning and it finds infected files.. No way for me to close it

press F7(or F8-9?) on boot, and select your disc to boot with instead of hard drive.
Well, on startup, F12 says something about boot, and when I press F8, it just gives me advanced options (repair computer, safe mode, safe mode w/ networking etc..)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
ah, then use F12, and boot onto disc drive with vista dvd inserted.

EDIT: check http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Smart-HDD-Virus-%28Remove-Guide%29
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:55:51 pm by [MAF]Karlis »

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 11:29:09 pm »
If the above doesn't work try this:

You need two tools:

1) Download and install Malwarebytes: http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5756
you can use the free license or try the 14 day trial PRO version. Either way will work.

Note: if you have an antivirus software already installed I suggest you disable it (all of them in case you have more than one) when performing a scan with malwarebytes otherwise it may have conflicts.

Once the scan is finished delete the detected files.

After this. If you have your programs, data files and personal folders 'hidden' you will need:

2) unhide, get it here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe

download it and execute the app and follow its on-screen instructions.

That fixed everything for me.
you can see a little more detailed guide of the above here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20863112-use-unhide-exe-to-reveal-files-and-folders-hidden-by-rogue-infections
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline Aubrey

• Jimi is my Hendrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 04:25:31 am »
ah, then use F12, and boot onto disc drive with vista dvd inserted.
Did that. It's working. :D