Author Topic: History of AdrenalineX  (Read 10157 times)

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
History of AdrenalineX
« on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:13 pm »
hi all
many players are interesting in server history  like me  :)
so someone can write the history of AdrenalineX?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:57:57 pm by ペニス-たわごと-おっぱい- »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
Re: History of AdrenalineX
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:21:36 pm »
History Of AdrenalineX By Rac3r
The title may sound like it's all about me, but it isn't. This is my opinion of the events that have led up to now with AdrenalineX. Unfortunately nothing has ever really been logged for future reference, so dates could be slightly off.

It all started in April 2008. At the time I was playing SA-MP a little bit but I was mainly interested with one player modding. After awhile,I checked out www.SA-MP.com and found some interesting posts about racing, which probably wouldn't have appealed to me if I wasn't modding one player.
Around this time, I met someone very interesting on the internet, a man named switch. A really good coder who was focused on making racing scripts for SA-MP, but was also busy dealing with real life stuff, aka Uni. He released Adrenaline. A very new style of racing, especially with the new SA-MP version, 0.2.

A good selection of Adrenaline servers were available to play on our clients, two which caught my eye were [RSD] and Knutico's server.  I knew RSD from the old SK days, but none the less I played at Knu's. At this time I was in [Ob] scripting TDU, a RPG type racing gamemode for SA-MP.

Both servers knew though there were problems with the script. Way too many timeouts and a lot of bad organisation with the player handling. Switch got to work and made many fixes, increasing the version a final 1.06. Although switch didn't mention this being a final, it looked as if he had walked away from it. It was a cool mode.

This is basically where I started my coding my updates for his mode. Most of it was testing my self to what I could actually improve. Once I got started, it did seem to take shape and there was definitely a more stable feel to the gamemode. I kinda got hooked into the gamemode and drifted away from Ob. Then finally left the clan, to be honest it was going in the wrong different, the right direction for me was SA-MP.

So, i pretty much finalised a finished version of my gamemode fix and showed it to two good internet friends at the time, Catastroph and Knutico. Both seemed impressed and Knutico wanted it to be hosted on his server. Catastroph declined and planned to release his own mode and server for Turks. Not long after, the mode was hosted and was a big success to be honest, obviously bugs like always but it did handle good.

Somewhere in this period Knutico created XR, a really new and fresh clan made up of some really good racers. Most are still friends of the community. So XR was running the AdrenalineX script that I was coding. Here is where the clan thing was huge, we had clan worlds and colour coding much more than we do now. Being fair the clan thing is huge currently at UK.

Months and months passed to be honest.  Hundreds of bugs, against hundreds of updates, the server was a real hit and the mode was shaping up to be a huge improvement to any other servers race system.

But will all the glory, there were internal problems at XR. I would discuss them here, because to be fair, they shouldn't have been discused in the first place. We were there to race but unfortunately it turned out to be different.

Not related to the above, is Server Management. Players had problems with the way the server was handled and the way it was managed. There was a bad atmosphere in the community which is never a good thing.
So both of the above things made me decide to have two server running my mode, one hosted by [XR]Knutico, while the other was hosted by [FSR]Andre and [XR]Andy. What was done was done, was this turning point of a era? Hell no. Some may say it was a bad thing to do, others say was the best option.

All that matters is that it was my decision and I made it.

Both servers were doing well, at times UK would be doing better, other times XR would be doing better. Not that it was a competion, I still remained at XR and was still coding for them. I wasn't a big fan of UK, it was visable it had a good few problems of its own so I stayed at XR playing.

Still with the above problems with XR I had going over and over in my head, there was one final push that led me to quit the XR community. So I said a few nasty but thue things and quit and joined UK to pretty much run the gamemode, that's what I believe they wanted me to do, that's what I wanted to do. I started work by posting a few much needs topics to the forum and started work giving people wanted they wanted.

The website it a good time span of what's happened from here to now. A lots changed, a lots got better and will get better.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:08:27 pm by Rac3r »

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »
ya, I think that tells the whole story, nice one R
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 07:06:21 pm »
Nice ancient server history. Hope it will be much much longer and nicer  :L

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 09:34:17 pm »
yay, rly nice story  ;) :D

Offline BuRnOUT

• BuRnOUT aka 7hund3r is B4cK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:44:00 pm »
i already know this story  ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:08:07 pm by [FSR]BuRnOUT »

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 05:08:07 am »
longer? hope so
better? it can´t be better, it would be perfect
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:45:19 pm »
I'm glad I came up with some ideas for AdrenalineX, it's great to see what R can do with the ideas of others!

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:41:50 pm »
it was going in the wrong different
The wrong different?
Anyway nice story R, killed a few hours! :L

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »
After a year I read this again, the story is great and I thought our new players would find it interesting :D

Offline [2F2F]DodgeR

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »
i sure did, nicely written R!

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 09:04:45 pm »
first time i read it, nicely done

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 09:21:10 pm »
nice one

Offline ShelbyGT

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »
Nice story R  ;)
One question, what is with old players?
for example adj,Richard Burns,Heikky,or SpLendour?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 05:17:24 pm »
nice R :)