Author Topic: The Gran Turismo 5 thread  (Read 17111 times)

Offline Gen

• Admin
  • I LIKE SPORTS
    • View Profile
Re: The Gran Turismo 5 thread
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 03:10:26 pm »
heh you were lucky, Im 87 too, but I got the stupid civic, gotta wait till next year

civics are awesome man!

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 12:59:05 am »
man that civic is shite, only good for the first stage
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »
OMG! Ferrari F1 cars OWN in GT5!

They are a lot of fucking fun to drive!

skip to 1:03
[youtube=640,388]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEec6GJ8FRU[/youtube]

it really impressed me how easy they are to drive, just don't touch the grass/dirt areas and you're golden :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:10:48 pm by Mosca »
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 07:39:24 am »
Way too much grip out there... I suggest playing rFactor for open wheels good experience. :D

Offline Supr4Re4l

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 02:50:40 pm »
OMG! Ferrari F1 cars OWN in GT5!

They are a lot of fucking fun to drive!

skip to 1:03
[youtube=640,388]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEec6GJ8FRU[/youtube]

it really impressed me how easy they are to drive, just don't touch the grass/dirt areas and you're golden :D

ferrari F1 own in GT5?is the red bull  prototype    i have the redbull ,is difficult to achieve
weighs 500 kilos,and has 1500horses
this: http://www.mibz.com/26963-red-bull-x1-prototype-from-gran-turismo-5-to-real-life.html

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:52:26 pm by supa4real »

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »
Hm i went to nordschleife yesterday, i was on trip with my dad and we stopped to watch, in morning it was wet so funnier to see some epic slides. When we came again to it in afternoon it was dry so they went much faster, and when we walked back to our bike there crashed someone :L

At 3.10 on that video ^ we standed to watch.

I recorded it with my phone but i forgot to save it :/

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 07:34:01 pm »
Way too much grip out there... I suggest playing rFactor for open wheels good experience. :D

rFactor shmamar Factor. I'm not saying GT5 has the best 'realism' of all driving games, but the 'experience' in GT5 is already great, for me at least. I don't play GT5 because I think the physics in it are the best out there or because of the car looks. I play it because it is a great driving/racing game. The physics, if not perfect, are very good and makes the driving in the game challenging and fun.

Ferrari F1 own in GT5?is the red bull  prototype    i have the redbull ,is difficult to achieve
weighs 500 kilos,and has 1500horses
this: http://www.mibz.com/26963-red-bull-x1-prototype-from-gran-turismo-5-to-real-life.html

The point of that post being..... ??

I wasn't saying the Ferrari F1 cars were the best/fastest/most-powerful cars in the game. I was simply saying that they're great compared to other high powered cars in the game.

The Le Mans protos for example, without at least a little tunning to the suspension they're a pain to drive on the track. Once you set them up properly they're a breeze and also fun to drive.

The Ferrari F1's on the other hand, you just load them up on whatever track and they're ready to go. No need for fine tuning and they're so easy to drive, in the game.

The X2010 is way out there, totally different category. You might as well classify it as a plane lol. Once you get used to its acceleration and speed all you have to do is time your steering right, then again thats not as easy as it sounds.

And I also have the X2010. I even completed the Vettel Challenge (with standard controller).

Hm i went to nordschleife yesterday, i was on trip with my dad and we stopped to watch.....

Good for you. I'd like to go to the ring someday too.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:09 am »
which one did you buy mosca? I bought the f2007 and can't do better than 5th in Nurburgring
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 06:16:07 am »
the F10, the one on the above video.

lol I didn't buy the F07 coz it was 2 mil more expensive :L

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »
Hey guys, i'm thinking about buying ps3 and this game ofc :)
question is: is there some kind of switching mode from realistic to arcade?

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:58 pm »
uhm, what do you mean? like, changing the game's physics?

Gran Turismo games always have had two modes. Arcade mode and GT mode formerly known as 'Simulation' mode.

In Arcade mode you can select from a limited variety of cars in stock and a few tracks and in some cases different layouts on some tracks.

To be able to use more cars in Arcade mode you have to obtain them in GT mode, either buying them or winning them as rewards for completing championships. There are other ways of obtaining cars in GT5 but I'm not gonna explain here, its best you find out in your own.

To unlock more tracks and layouts in Arcade mode you have unlock them playing GT mode. More specifically you have to complete the driving licences tests in bronze or higher and in the particular case of GT5, some tracks become available in arcade mode by completing the Special events in bronze or higher.

But if anything you should know that you will most likely not use arcade mode much, maybe just for TT or when you invite friends over to play... GT mode is where the game develops in all its glory coz you get to drive in a whole lot of variety of tracks with different regulations as what type of car and/or engine you can use... anyway I think you get the idea.

I don't know if this answered your question so to summarize, GT5 has Arcade mode and GT mode.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:01 pm »
the F10, the one on the above video.

lol I didn't buy the F07 coz it was 2 mil more expensive :L

heh wonder if I can sell the f2007 and get the f10 to see if there's a big difference, f2007 is more powerful but f10 seems to be more aerodynamic

Offline Supr4Re4l

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:58 pm »
Hey guys, i'm thinking about buying ps3 and this game ofc :)
question is: is there some kind of switching mode from realistic to arcade?
no,no, lol
the conduct of the cars is always realistic,conduction can not change
there is not  an arcade mode and a realistic mode,can only activate, driving aids

arcade mode :L  that would be a disaster for the game

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:38:48 pm by supa4real »

Offline Supr4Re4l

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »
 i have the 60 golds in licenses all gold,add me mosca, and see it :P

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »
like I said, there is an arcade mode in GT5; the game's physics are the same. You can set the tire wear and fuel consumption on/off and the grip reduction (when you touch grass/dirt areas) to 'low' or 'real' in arcade mode. Also you can adjust driving aids like traction control and ABS brakes from 0 to 10 (0 meaning to be deactivated).

Oh and...

i have the 60 golds in licenses all gold,add me mosca, and see it :P

what for? so you can constantly harass me everytime I go online like you do to other players in AX? NO thanks!

...who gives a shit how many golds you have anyway?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:43:18 pm by Mosca »