Author Topic: Start Of Race Problems (FC boogs)  (Read 3418 times)

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
Start Of Race Problems (FC boogs)
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:14 am »
1. when u come /race u "spawn" a bit from air with vehicle, but that happens twice for some reason so when u come last second of countdown then u will lose time to that 2nd time spawning

2. recently ive noticed that sometimes a player who comes to race may have his car spawned on another players car

3. before race, all players spawn at 1st grid position for a sec, so player there might get pushed front/back by peds and have advantage

4. idk if its a bug or not, but if u won a race, and go afk for the next 20 races and come back and win again u will have 2 win streak - make this based on races won in row not last3 maybe

5. sometimes when u change from race to another mode fast u get ur race vehicle in that mode (afk, tt, stunt or on spawn for next race - only if u go to race in last second)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:32:18 am by [MAF]Rac3r »

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
Re: boogs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:50:10 am »
omg we got boogs!  :L

double car spawns when i do /race on countdown one world
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:54:49 am by [AK47]M4lysz »

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:52:41 pm »
1. when u come /race u "spawn" a bit from air with vehicle, but that happens twice for some reason so when u come last second of countdown then u will lose time to that 2nd time spawning
this is to make sure that players with bad PCs that load map slow wont fall trough them map
2. recently ive noticed that sometimes a player who comes to race may have his car spawned on another players car
has to do with player spawned by another algorithm, not by pre-generated grid array, probably hard to fix.
3. before race, all players spawn at 1st grid position for a sec, so player there might get pushed front/back by peds and have advantage
it should be fixed by issue #1
4. idk if its a bug or not, but if u won a race, and go afk for the next 20 races and come back and win again u will have 2 win streak - make this based on races won in row not last3 maybe
I've noticed that too when R posted the score algorithm, probably using a streakPlayer and streakCount variables instead of memory inefficent array?
5. sometimes when u change from race to another mode fast u get ur race vehicle in that mode (afk, tt, stunt or on spawn for next race - only if u go to race in last second)
now that's the real gamebreaker(check that causes issue #1 should check for valid vehicle too)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »
i'm getting confused between karlis and karlip now lol. at first i thought karlip changed name to [MAF]Karlis as a joke then i see karlis in MAF and now getting confused with posts :L

btw welcome to maf!

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:08:51 pm »
hi Krzysiek, cool nick

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:09:11 pm »
thanks but i like cysio more :D

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »
so rename yourself to Cysio lol

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:15:00 pm »
thanks!
yeah our nicks look quite the same, so ill keep my colour dark green ingame so you can differ there(karlip has orange).

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:16:52 am »
There was a few problems with players falling through the floor on maps, I tried to fix this but it's slowed and bugged the way we spawn.

I'll try sort something out today.

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
Re: Start Of Race Problems (FC boogs)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 08:33:07 am »
Not another bloody new grid!

Any problems with the way we get spawned, keep posting them here.  It's changed slightly, I'm pleased with the slow down, it shouldn't hurt much.