Author Topic: MTA SERVER!  (Read 48875 times)

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: MTA SERVER!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 07:18:15 am »
example of mta possiblities, that samp have no way to get close to it yet:

flooded streets and race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTM7NgQ9l_s&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=45&feature=plcp

fully finished race tracks (for example NASCAR) without slow loading objects problems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5anbP1amLI

drag with manual gearbox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-UoqT4C0-A&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=14&feature=plcp

fully custom race tracks, converted from other games or created by modellers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpXsWBaois&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=7&feature=plcp

and of course, thing that everyone would love - ghost mode at the begining of race (ghost mode is working at strat only, later it goes off):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnCNSpWUdw&feature=related

wow!!

Those features really make me wanna give MTA a try.
I'm kinnda bored of sa-mp tbh.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:06 am »
just to inform about progress i've done so far:
1) i took the original race engine, as there's no point in rewriting ~8k lines of code if the original one is tested and proved stable for over 3years long.
2) made foot races, together with foot spawns, foot pickups, and handling finishing/ranking as passenger correctly( passenger cannot win). Of course there are some bugs yet, but not enough testing yet is made to fix them all.
3) grid system is mostly done, together with ranking.
 Idea under the grid system:
 If ghostmode is enabled : players in your grid is half-transparent, uncollidable, in other grids-invisible.
 If ghostmode is disabled : players in your grid is fully opaque, solid, collidable, in other grids - half-transparent and uncollidable.
4) few interface tweaks, the numeric car plates, and few other little tweaks i've done just while passing by the code.

As ill manage to test and fix foot races and grids to the point none warnings/errors will be caused in a while ill try making SK/IV gamemodes, some kind of score/win streak/duel system, and most importantly - ability to exclude players from race script for, say, /tv or /freeroam.

If someone is wondering about hi-scores, traffic sensors, map management and loading, hi-score "ghosts", split times, that is done already by addons available on community.

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 10:41:13 am »
Nice one man. I know you for 3 years and never knew you are so good in MTA out there. Good job!

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:34 am »
"If you've played Grand Theft Auto online in the past, you'll know that the accuracy of the reproduction of other player's actions often leaves a lot to be desired.
This is a hard thing to get perfect, but Multi Theft Auto has the best GTA synchronization out there and it's getting better all the time!
Want to shoot someone's limbs one by one? MTA makes that possible!"

Thats from Official MTA site.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:53 am »
seems so

only complain about mta sync is that laggers truly look...laggy....(fps, not net laggers)

and it should improve in one of next versions even more, with task sync replacing the key sync.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:11 am »
i would play it if there was an AX server

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 11:40:26 am »
i have seen the video and i can say just woooow
i would play it if there was an AX server
8)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:48 pm »
me too!

grass rocks & plants ftw

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »
Didn't think you were working on a mode :L this is something to consider in the future still, but keep going if you want!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 05:53:34 pm »
I would be willing to help you fund an MTA server!

I don't want no admin status or anything like that. I would just like to see what AdrenalineX on MTA would be like and the only way to see that is to have someone with funds to pay for it!

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »
thanks, but ill need develop the gamemode to a state in which i'm sure that i can do what i am planned to.
now second thing is how much will it be AX related. Will it be on same host, will it share database( score, stats, accounts, and even map sharing at the begining is possible then), will it have the AX name, im not the one to decide this.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
[statswhore]i think it would be good to start the accounts from 0 again since there will be different races in which players who may have failed on samp racing will have good stats on mta[/statswhore] and kingj only hosts samp servers and cod etc i think

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »
Willing to also test the server, bring it.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »
Willing to also test the server, bring it.
i don't have enough time today, and there is still 1 issue ill need to solve before testing, but hopefully ill manage to do one tomorrow.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 06:49:02 pm »
It should have the same principles as our SA-MP server, meaning on foot races, allowed to get out of the car, /stunt, /tv, stuff like that. Discussing stuff like sharing database stuff is way too immature.