Author Topic: MTA SERVER!  (Read 48866 times)

Offline [MAF]Karlis

Re: MTA SERVER!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 09:55:22 am »
All those things also require good internet and a good computer, which half of SA-MP players don't have.

that's pretty false, you just need to optimize your scripts
remember back when i had bad pc? I had way more fps on busy mta server then on AX.(also when i played mta with R he wondered how its possible he is getting 55fps on his old laptop at fully fledged racing server with speedos etc.)

and the thing about the feeling and etc:
yes, i admit some of servers have strange ideas etc, but if we make server, nothing prevents us from making it similar to sa-mp in some aspects( heck we can even bruteforce old gtasa bugs back in)

and internet:
noone is saying we have to load 1000 custom maps and textures, that's wrong imo, but with average size of map at about 100kb and proper streamer there should be no net problems.

"mta has too much not needed functions":

mta indeed has a lot of them, but i dont call them unneeded, noone forces you to use them.
for example the setHelicopterRotorSpeed is natively used in engine for sync, so why not make this function so you can have quickstart or simmilar thing to /sos with speed etc saved?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:59:54 am by karlis »

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 12:24:22 pm »
would you be able to make example racing script like adrenalinex in mta, for a preview ?

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »
Karlis, then your problem will be the players and funding.
I doubt mooman or Rac3r wants to leave SA-MP, where they have players, to MTA, where he doesn't have much players and where they fund an empty server.

MTA player count might be rising but it might still not help AX in MTA.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 12:55:58 pm »
a friend of mine once opened his server for a hour for us to play and like 5 play random people joined.. so players wouldnt be i problem i guess, and the name was 123 so i think more people would join a server called adrenalinex

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 12:59:03 pm »
yes, as i said we would have more people in mta then in samp, if host can handle it.
ill try setting up and modifying current mta race engine to make it support foot races first, then we will see.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 12:13:29 pm »
TBH I'd much rather play San Andreas. MTA isn't SA whatsoever anymore; it's just another racing sim.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »
racing sim?
you haven't checked mta for a LOOONG time.

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »
MTA still has something missing that SA-MP has and is good with it..
It could be the simplicity of SA-MP, lightness, the bugs it has, it keeping the feel of GTA: SA..anything.
You have to figure stuff and work for it, while in MTA everything is done for you, you just have to find it a good use.

I don't feel like and wouldn't move anyway.

They're both great mods, but I guess having too much can hurt sometimes?

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »
youre not being asked to move from samp to mta this is for the mta players and samp players who play mta
some people prefer advanced scripting possibilities over bugs and lightness

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 03:01:17 pm »
youre not being asked to move from samp to mta this is for the mta players and samp players who play mta
some people prefer advanced scripting possibilities over bugs and lightness

I just gave my reasons why I wouldn't move

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
smoke some weed y'all, still blazin'
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvfUCCbtHiw
[/youtube]

Why can't everyone just smoke like me?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 03:02:58 pm »
and me :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og25f0cY4bQ&list=UUl9CH9A98J5iS5e-1jd4wOQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »
A lot of people prefer SA-MP, we've been here for 3 years and some of us played it for about a year, even before we started racing at <Ob>.

MTA has the ability to reproduce EVERYTHING that's been coded for AdrenalineX, so to worry about too many functions is a bit premature because we haven't coded a mode,  if anything, having too many functions is a bonus.

Funding is an issue, ATM I doubt we would pay for another server.  If a servers coded right, the players will come.

Keep us informed on your progress Karlis.

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 12:07:07 am »
I see, this is(may be) very important in future.
Am I the only one who have feeling that SA:MP is slowly becoming RP-aimed b#@$!&*%?
We will see in future, but it is good to be prepared for quick change (if will be needed) just in case, always should be plan B, right?

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 01:44:36 am »
Yes, it is definitely more RP oriented, always has been. It's even advertised as a Massively Multiplayer Online game on the sa-mp homepage. And I think people should get over the fact that MTA is different, I just really hate it when people say it sucks when that's far from the truth, it's just different and not what you're used to. The thing is, you can have an MTA server that is quite basic and similar to SA-MP that doesn't use 100's of MTA's mostly useless features, but all the advantages like better sync and more friendly racing features. Anyway, I agree with max, SA-MP is full of RP noobs and it would be wise to at least have a look at what lies in the future for us. Not saying we will ever change over and we have been with SA-MP for years and it probably won't change ( in the near future ) but we might, never know! Personally I really like MTA but I don't see us changing over anytime soon. If at all.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:45:10 pm by [MAF]PyroFox »