Author Topic: MTA SERVER!  (Read 48862 times)

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
MTA SERVER!
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:44:22 pm »
can we have a mta server for DD and DM maps? there are many more possibilities on mta than samp and most of us get pretty boring of the sa map, so people could visit the mta server for a change. alot of you think mta is "gay" which doesnt have to be true 100% of the time, ofc some people dont like the way things work there and may be against it but im just suggesting. please note that im not saying that we should move to mta but have a server there aswell, for DD and DMs. maybe somebody who knows lua can help develop it? (like karlis), we would also need other admins, who know what a good and what a bad map is and who know whats cheating and whats not on mta. i personally do know a lot of regular ax players who prefer mta over samp and visit it.
share your toughts

AdrenalineX MTA Beta details:

IP: 88.198.11.8:7777

Password : cheetah_ftw
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:35:25 pm by [MAF]PyroFox »

Offline Outlaw

• View Profile
Re: MTA SERVER!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:14:43 pm »
Nice idea, i remember when i had my own racing server in MTA. 8)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:21:40 pm »
blegh

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 03:06:37 pm »
I like power of the MTA but I'll never get use to it. Not gonna join.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 03:35:24 pm »
the reason why i dont play MTA is there is too many cheaters and almost no admins online

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 04:42:27 pm »

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »
People have such issues with MTA for no good reason other than they are unwilling to check it out and give it a chance. I used to be like that too, but I realise it IS superior to SA-MP in every way, can't be denied. But SA-MP is our home and will probably remain to be our home, we have so much set up already here it is not worth starting from scratch on another server when SA-MP is still a very good mod and it fulfils our needs for racing, even though it could be way better... I still don't like the idea just for a DM server, it isn't really our main concern and not worth setting up another server for it for such little gain.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:49:34 pm by [MAF]PyroFox »

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 06:17:57 pm »
samps poor object rendering doesnt support heavy maps like DMs

Offline siiiim

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »
People have such issues with MTA for no good reason other than they are unwilling to check it out and give it a chance. I used to be like that too, but I realise it IS superior to SA-MP in every way, can't be denied. But SA-MP is our home and will probably remain to be our home, we have so much set up already here it is not worth starting from scratch on another server when SA-MP is still a very good mod and it fulfils our needs for racing, even though it could be way better... I still don't like the idea just for a DM server, it isn't really our main concern and not worth setting up another server for it for such little gain.

Well said.

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 08:03:58 pm »
the reason why i dont play MTA is there is too many cheaters and almost no admins online

you should recheck
mta has build in anticheat and detects and kicks sobeit or any other modification on join.
unless you are pro hacker with custom not released cheats you cant cheat.
and ban is based on serials, so there is no evading(serials don't change even with reinstall of windows)
and in case by cheating you think too much power given to players, well, that's server, not game problem.

____

as a MTA scripter i say that maybe not easily, but we could set up adrenalinex in mta in a relatively short time and develop it WAY beyond possibilities of sa-mp, 
but i understand that most likeley it wont happen just because of reasons firefox said...

and about the "sa-mp has more players" thing:
while it is absolutely true i can warrant you that with as orginal server as ax is we would get WAY more pepole in mta then in sa-mp.

also, other lame reasons like "i dont like the chatbox/downloading/etc" are resolvable
downloading: already there are some file streamers that silently sends the files to your client while you race, eliminating the download at beginning of map.
chatbox: just re-create it completely, very possible.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:24:13 pm by karlis »

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »
example of mta possiblities, that samp have no way to get close to it yet:

flooded streets and race:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTM7NgQ9l_s&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=45&feature=plcp[/youtube]

fully finished race tracks (for example NASCAR) without slow loading objects problems:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5anbP1amLI[/youtube]

drag with manual gearbox:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-UoqT4C0-A&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=14&feature=plcp[/youtube]

fully custom race tracks, converted from other games or created by modellers:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpXsWBaois&list=UU213NsH0nSz0d3M-BguEcSw&index=7&feature=plcp[/youtube]

and of course, thing that everyone would love - ghost mode at the begining of race (ghost mode is working at strat only, later it goes off):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnCNSpWUdw&feature=related[/youtube]

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 09:19:04 pm »
sa-mp will never be like MTA.

it's either one or the other tbh

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 09:44:59 pm »
the arrows where people are coming from behind is cool.

MTA got nice possibilities, but it isn't SA-MP, it's a totally different game imo.

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:37 pm »
All those things also require good internet and a good computer, which half of SA-MP players don't have.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:15 am »
for me it was very playable when i was downloading at 400 ping