Author Topic: Steam Vs Retail  (Read 2811 times)

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
Steam Vs Retail
« on: October 28, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »
As much as i love Steam, looking at the prices of most new games they are loads cheaper from Amazon on CD.

What gives? It seems a bit odd to me. I know Steam sales are great, but i can get so many of the games on there loads cheaper on Amazon. For the extra benefit of getting auto updates, the extra £5 (at least) per game doesn't really seem worth it...

What do others think?

P.S. This website is also very interesting: http://www.steamprices.com

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Vs Retail
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »
I always prefer retail, having game in hands is better than having game virtual. Your steam account can be hacked and bye games.
except are arcade games which i can't buy on cd/dvd.

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:05:43 pm »
^ me also likes to have the game in the hands. you don't have to download all your games everytime you reinstall your system and steam is not so much cheaper I think. Actually I haven't seen any games yet that are cheaper then the retail versions. Maybe it's different in other countries?

But still I like it much more to collect the game boxes and the nice manuals and handbooks. Also many times you have very nice posters inside which find a nice place at my wall. ;)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »
Nothing can beat going to the shop 1 day before release, paying paper money, getting the box of game not even released yet in your hands, smelling china plastic or paper and opening it in a home. Then placing it on your desk and just having an orgasm. :L

Retail FTW.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »
It is sick when you realize almost all dollar prices are the same as euro prices..

And in my city most retail companies go bankrupt.. cause everybody downloads their games, either legal or illegal. I know there were 3 game stores in town, now only 1 is left..
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:09:47 pm by [MAF]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »
But still I like it much more to collect the game boxes and the nice manuals and handbooks. Also many times you have very nice posters inside which find a nice place at my wall. ;)
:)