Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 402332 times)

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: GTA V
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2011, 09:42:48 pm »
1992:

nearly 20 years later:

'Why did I move there?'
'I guess it was the weather' - Liberty City isn't hot place
later:
'So I bought a big house' - rememer where he lived there?
Also I think it is Tommy Vercetti, considering he is trying to leave that 'work'.

Wasn't GTA3 hero doing 'dirty work' too?

it can be true

next stop San Andreas :)

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2011, 10:19:34 pm »
Nice, modern days LA, not really surprising. Well this trailer is pretty much what we expect of a new GTA.

I had the same idea than max, MAYBE SF and LV coming in other trailers but I seriously doubt it. There's already a huge potential with LS+countryside.

Think about it, if they cut out SF and LV, how would they explain the missing islands in the story? It'd fail, so it's safe to assume we'll have LV and SF

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2011, 10:29:29 pm »
haha that picture was famous among french fans: some said since the shape of that cut paper looks like a map western france and there's "seagull" written under it, it could happen in western france :L but maybe the mountains were a tip for chilliad?

Anyway, for a long time I was thinking it might be a latino character because we've already had lots of ethnicities: white, italian, eastern european, black, asian... But I don't think any GTA had a latino as main character? Now I don't know, with the voice there's not much of an accent so I don't think it'll be a latino (sorry mosca, kb and any other latino :( )
The weather excuse doesn't make much sense for a VC guy, I agree, there's not much difference between Miami and California...

For a release date, I'd say more like before Christmas 2012, in about 13 months.

Also I said I doubt it'll be whole SA. Well one thing against my opinion I thought about is that there are planes, planes are not very useful with only one airport (LA has only one airport irl?) even if we can have some small runways kinda like the abandonned airport.

It'll just be awesome if we have any other city... but I'm still pessimistic about that.

Anyway, I guess we'll still have to wait a long time to get any information about the pc spec needed? (we don't even know if it'll be on pc) because I've got to buy a graphic card, I might buy an HD5770 these days (my HD3870 got problems), and I hope it'll be enough to handle it.

Oh, also, is chilliad based on any RL mountains? In GTA SA, it was on SF's island, that may be a good thing to think there'll be the other cities for those who are more optimistic than me.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:38:37 pm by OuzoMeze »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2011, 10:50:47 pm »
so I don't think it'll be a latino (sorry mosca, kb and any other latino :( )

np

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2011, 11:01:14 pm »
so I don't think it'll be a latino (sorry mosca, kb and any other latino :( )

Sorry for what?

...didn't some protagonist of one of the expansion packs of GTA IV was a venezolanian (or venezuelan?? ?) or something like that?

Btw, I don't consider myself to be much of a latino. As a matter of fact I don't like "the latino" culture, I only like mexican culture.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »
About the windmill park, there is a windmill park in Tehachapi Pass! Maybe it's the same, I don't know if there are more big windmill parks in cali.

And the picture of the BIG mountain looks like this one, without the snow tho.
This is Mount Ritter:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:14:25 pm by [MAF]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2011, 05:51:12 am »
Mountain is clearly an animation... You won't see it so big in the game. I even think most of trailer isn't the real game.

However I don't say game will look much worse...

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:38 am »
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2011, 08:22:24 am »
haha good one.

That "downloadable content" thing sucks btw... why not release the damn game with all the features from the start?
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2011, 09:33:42 am »
It's always the money that matters to them. Like they don't get enough profit from sales.

About the mountains, it's probably Sierra Nevada mountains range in California and Nevada.

Offline [MAF]Jur1z

« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:02 am »
I think you cant go there its just background

Offline Peeps-101

• Admin
  • Anywhere killin' shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2011, 10:06:06 am »
yeah you may be right, some of the things are not moveable or to some places you can't get there- like the bike it could just be standing there we havent seen anyone riding it. but since it's in los santos the bicycles should be available

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »
But think about SA and IV. You can go EVERYWHERE. And the only end to the map is the ocean. I can't imagine there will be any GTA 3 style places where the map ends. Back then they could do that because you actually couldn't get to those parts with the vehicles available to you.

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2011, 01:49:26 pm »
ye, and like plane wouldn't be able to fly over it lol

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2011, 02:01:13 pm »
Rockstar confirms that the game will base on Southern California and only one 'big' city: Los Santos.

We won't see a full SA guys.