Author Topic: News topic  (Read 85676 times)

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: News topic
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2014, 07:28:40 pm »
Ebola is scary

Hmm not really, ebola is just media with its typical sensationalism, there's a lot more infectous diseases that cause many more deaths but they don't talk about it (although the thing with ebola is that it has a higher mortality rate than most of them, I admit that)

Example:
AIDS: As of 2012, approximately 35.3 million people have HIV worldwide with the number of new infections that year being about 2.3 million, and 1.6 millon people died from AIDS in that year.
Malaria: The World Health Organization estimates that in 2012, there were 207 million cases of malaria. That year, the disease is estimated to have killed between 473,000 and 789,000 people.

Ebola: As of 22 September 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO), the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local governments reported a total of 6,405 suspected cases and 2,984 deaths (3,546 cases and 1,757 deaths having been laboratory confirmed)

Very good point Doc  ;)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2014, 08:09:59 pm »
But you can't really prevent Ebola in a way you can prevent AIDS/HIV (condoms) or Malaria (pills). Touching eachother (a hug or handshake for example) is enough to get Ebola. And once you have it.. it's worse than AIDS/HIV I think, or at least it leads faster to a death. And malaria (once you live in the west) is easy to cure.

Ofcourse I know the media makes ebola bigger than it actually is. But imo that is due to the above reasons.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »
True, what I meant was that, even though it's more deadly and harder to prevent, it's not that half humanity has ebola, like the media (at least some) make it sound like :p

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2014, 08:35:35 pm »
lol we'll look like the agressive hillbillies that once attacked them in the USA now

''Jeremy Clarkson and his Top Gear team were forced to flee Argentina and abandon three high-powered cars after they were pelted with stones by locals angered by the presenter’s number plate apparently referencing the Falklands War.

The crew of the BBC Two show had earlier been given an ultimatum by Argentine veterans of the war to leave the country or “face the consequences”.

They had provoked anger by using a 1991 Porsche 928GT coupé with the registration number H982 FKL, which politicians and army veterans suggested could be seen to refer to the Falklands conflict.''
(War was in 1982 and FKL = Falklands, in case someone wonders)

[spoiler=Photos]

[/spoiler]

It's interesting to see the massive ammount of things I'm seeing about this on internet, and 99.5% of the comments I read are against Top Gear. The problem is that people here don't see Top Gear (In in fact I am the only person ''I know'' in real life that watches Top Gear, or even knows what it is), so they probably don't know that they do these kind of things with every country they go to. Plus, of course, we are not exactly the most civilized country on earth :'(

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »
Didn't even hear about that over here, not yet anyway.

You are responsible for what goes into your body right? Shit is already fucked up here with overpriced alcohol (especially vodka) and idiots that abuse it make it worse for responsible people.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2014, 02:49:06 pm »
You don't die from a few shots of anything.. some human bodies can't handle large amounts of alcohol... >> the reaction of puking doesn't occur on time.

Offline nero

« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »
I see no reason for drinking 95 % alcohol. It doesn't taste great, it just basically fucks you up in a few minutes.

Drank absinthe once a few years ago, you just get wasted in around 10-15 minutes, from sober to "oh my god, I need to lay down". Sounds hard, but if you consume such stuff knowing what it is, you should be careful. And if you aren't careful, things like this happen.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #218 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:30 pm »
Nobody can beat us ^-^

Beer sales around the world - who drinks the most?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11237013/Mapped-Beer-sales-around-the-world-who-drinks-the-most.html

Consumption per head:
1. Czech Republic: 143 litres
2. Germany: 110 litres
3. Austria: 108 litres
4. Estonia: 104 litres
5. Poland: 100 litres
6. Ireland: 93 litres
7. Romania: 90 litres
8. Lithuania: 89 litres
9. Croatia: 82 litres
10. Belgium: 81 litres

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »
I am afraid I have a higher average than the average czech :L

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2014, 05:08:00 am »
oh look, Costa Rica is in the map, thought we had a better score tho...
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2015, 04:52:19 pm »
The Chaos in Paris is over! RIP to those 15 ppl who died  :-\

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2015, 05:45:09 pm »
You cannot be sure there won't be more attacks like this in the future, so I wouldn't really say it's over.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2015, 05:50:57 pm »
I think you can be sure more of these attacks will happen. Remember London, 2 guys stabbed a soldier to death.

Even in NL we had a attack like this.. I think more than 10 years ago already.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »
So soon after the Sydney siege. Fuck these people man.