Author Topic: News topic  (Read 85186 times)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

Re: News topic
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2014, 02:49:34 pm »
Not a news but not funny either so I will write it here. I am just curious and scared at once if in your countries people are also so unwilling to help anybody. Today I had to travel by bus and one man fell down on his head smashing into some metal part of bus. Head crashed, problems with breathing and head injuries making him unconscious. 40 people watching what's going on, some younger guys didn't even bother to take off their earphones (listening to the music). I'm like what the hell people, everyone just screaming for SOMEONE ELSE to call the ambulance instead of doing anything. So I immediatelly took out my phone after I saw guy not moving and called the ambulance. Took them like 3 minutes to arrive fortunately.

I am just scared now if something would happen to me or my family noone would ever help lol. They may think I am drunk or something. It was like 11am and many people, what would happen if that was evening with like 10 people in a bus. I don't know if people are just scared because of dangerous situations or do we really live in a world of "i dont fucking care".

So I'm just wondering... Is it the same in your countries? Or is it bit different? Maybe whole world is like that but I just realized.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2014, 03:04:42 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
It's a well known social phenomenon where everyone thinks someone else will help. Congrats for thinking logically around it.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline nero

« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »
Something like this happened to me, too

About a year ago, on full train riding home from work. I was sitting in the middle of the coach with earphones on, I notice something happening behind me, take earphones of and lean into corridor and look back. See woman laying flat on stomach at the other end of the coach, unconscious, 20 people right next to her ignoring/watching what just happened. I get up with other woman and run to her, asking bystanders (still sitting) what happened. They say, she came up the stairs and just collapsed. Woman shouting through coach for a medic/doctor, to our luck someone actually gets up and runs to us, being a medic. Medic tells me to hold up her feet while he checks her, other woman running to find conductor so we can get an ambulance at next stop.

Medic says she has some sort of shock and needs certain drugs, we can do nothing, so the two of us carry her (around 100 kg) to the next exit, still people just watching and not helping. Next stop we carry her onto the station platform, waiting for ambulance, conductor is there and stops train.

Luckily, the ambulance arrived just a few moments later, check her, and say it is nothing serious (she still being unconscious), she just needs some drugs and fast treatment. Medic and me get back into train, people who just watched everything are now taking photos of her laying on the platform. Medic asks them why no one helped, they say they didn't know what to do. Yeah, I didn't have a fucking clue what to do either, but at least I cared you dicks.

I was disgusted from what has happened there and felt miserable about this for a few days, cause not knowing if she got well again. Later realized, not everyone will help you, but the few people who will help, will care enough. Let's just hope there will always be a good person right next to you when you get into (medical) trouble.

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »
people who just watched everything are now taking photos of her laying on the platform.

Most of the people seem to do just that nowadays, it's pissing me off. If they rather used their phones for calling some help.. but no, they have to take a photo or a video. Assholes.

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »
Because of entertainment that changed mind of everybody. Before 1945 peoples were more respectful.

Offline nero

« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »
Before 1945, people war looking at misformed people and midgets in circus and zoos.

Offline Torete_[GT]

« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »
I was involved on a similar situation a year ago, but it was totally different to what you all described. I was taking a walk with a friend of mine when suddenly we saw a guy lying on the pavement. It was a common town street, so it's pretty small. Despite of that, everyone around went quickly to see what was going on: his wife crying and shouting, a guy (who I would say he had some knowledge) came from his car parked and started to check the man while a woman crossed the street, took off her sunglasses and bent down. Both of us (my friend and I) took our phones and called 911 (emergency number in Spain) without looking each other nor realizing a woman on a house balcony was already talking to an emergency operator saying: "he has fallen, he's on the floor, blood is coming out of his head...". We stayed there for few minutes, all the people getting closer to the guy and even a man offered his car to drive him to the hospital, but from all of a sudden the guy raised his head very confusing, asking what was going on, her wife still crying. He seemed pretty surprised and frightened when the ambulance finally came and we kept on our respective ways.

Offline 3DSexVilla

« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2014, 06:02:54 am »
Scotland will continue with United Kingdom. Fuck New World Order.

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2014, 11:59:25 am »
Ebola is scary

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »
Ebola is scary

Yes of course  and that's  why the Maltese prevented and blocked all the ships coming from Africa because of it.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2014, 02:58:02 pm »
good luck with that :L

Offline nero

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2014, 03:57:24 pm »
Zombies? More like bad to none medical knowledge. Most definitely, the medical personal claimed them dead, although they were just unconscious or had low health.

Offline [MAF]Agus

• Manager
  • (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Agus
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2014, 05:50:24 pm »
Ebola is scary

Hmm not really, ebola is just media with its typical sensationalism, there's a lot more infectous diseases that cause many more deaths but they don't talk about it (although the thing with ebola is that it has a higher mortality rate than most of them, I admit that)

Example:
AIDS: As of 2012, approximately 35.3 million people have HIV worldwide with the number of new infections that year being about 2.3 million, and 1.6 millon people died from AIDS in that year.
Malaria: The World Health Organization estimates that in 2012, there were 207 million cases of malaria. That year, the disease is estimated to have killed between 473,000 and 789,000 people.

Ebola: As of 22 September 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO), the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local governments reported a total of 6,405 suspected cases and 2,984 deaths (3,546 cases and 1,757 deaths having been laboratory confirmed)

Offline Żurrieq

• Admin
  • The traveller.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2014, 05:52:40 pm »