Author Topic: Excluding noobs from One World?  (Read 14573 times)

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
Re: Excluding noobs from One World?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 03:44:53 pm »
this isn't about nascar mourad :L
my bad lol

Keep it as it is, otherwise people will join with fake acounts with under 1000 points to race in empty worlds.
true but why would they want points on another account?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:46:24 pm by [MAF]Poreotix »

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:06 pm »
Ye faking accounts or making new doesn't make sense in this case.

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 03:49:04 pm »
First I would have said try to edit slowly the one world races with a maximum player number per world (as it's possible in /buildmode, it might be edit'able, right?) but yeah I guess less slots is the best idea, since with more players pings start to be annoying... Although don't you think about 48 is better? With 48 players, there's always a few who aren't in /race anyway, pings are still correct usually, and that may not even need a 2nd server.

Oh and I also thought about sth that might be a bad idea... maybe make a lobby when we join, that give us the choice to go /race, /stunt, /tv, /dm etc, instead of directly in /race so a bit less players will be directly messing up in /race. But it might be a bad idea since the main purpose of the server is racing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:50:39 pm by OuzoMeze »

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 03:58:09 pm »
48 is still high number,one world track or even SK can't handle good hmmm maximum 40 and that is still high.Cause we own tracks since 2008 who were created for 20+.Thanks to Madmax and others who edited grids on them we didn't fail.But still its huge mess when you 40 players who fight for better position on maxed start marker,and when we are forced to fling them out...

My idea about 2nd server was based on,noobs and impatient people would play on 2nd one.And on main one we will fight for records,points and glory.
Of course less skilled members and pure noobs can you that 2nd server to gain skill,then when they come on main we will spend less time to teach them what they are supposed to do and what not.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 04:02:01 pm »
it's all good splitting the server in half and having 30 and 30 or whatever but you can't split it on the hosted tab which is actually more expensive and then having two servers on the hosted tab

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 04:03:11 pm »
You maybe can set a password on the normal server and then get a 2nd server for the noobs and when they are good they can be in the normal server or smth like that

As jali said i think its a good idea, we really need to change its getting worse and worse

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 04:04:52 pm »
it's so much easier just to ask the host to give us lower player slots instead of setting up another server and copying thousands and thousands of files and races over to it lol and then spending more money to get it on the hosted tab

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:08:48 pm »
True, what u said there snoop its simpler for lower slots but when  its busy not even all 'pro' players can come in then :-\

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »
but when  its busy not even all 'pro' players can come in then :-\

too bad init, just gotta wait for a space and afkers for long periods of time can just be kicked for not giving up a slot

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »
Who is afk more than 5 minutes-perm kick  ;)

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 04:13:31 pm »
Haha then anyone coudnn't go even pee :L

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 04:15:37 pm »
Eh 5 minutes is enough,there is no elephants who pee like 50 liter  :L
Also cant see point being AFK more than 5 minutes,if you are for sure you not planing to race at all.

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »
Yeh there are guys that being afk for whole day, but i go afk too when i go dinner tough :P

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »
server just can't handle it

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:40 pm »
Yep pings going too wild and lags are crazy too much players... this is good for server that we have much players but the server can't handle it this must getting stopped some way...