Author Topic: Windows 7 blue screen  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
Windows 7 blue screen
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:18:25 am »
Not much of a problem with the gamemode or my game but I thought on posting here anyway...

I get a blue screen when trying to copy or move a large amount of data (like above 1 GB) from my local hard drive to an external hard drive or usb pen drive (and maybe copying/moving from anywhere to anywhere also).

Any ideas why this happens? How to fix/prevent it?
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
Re: Windows 7 blue screen
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:25:08 am »
no idea but i found this

Quote from: some dude
"I have the latest bios update and drivers installed. I was having this problem for a couple weeks and it suddenly stopped. Turns out that while I was having these errors, I was using a usb wireless adapter. I haven't had the problem for a couple weeks because I hadn't been using that adapter. Yesterday, when I plugged the adapter again, system freeze, forced shutdown, etc. I was able to re-create this problem faster when I did copy some large files to an external in a test but when I did it without the adapter-no issue.

Incidentally, I tried it in safe-mode before and it didn't help. But that was back when I was using that particular USB wireless adapter. I believe it is likely related to that even though they do have 7x64 drivers for it."

Quote from: some other dude
I had a similar issue (BSOD & Nvidia) and discovered my USB adapter was sharing the same interrupt with my GPU.  My problem involved printing to my USB printer and not an external harddrive.  When I moved my printer to a different USB adapter not using the same interrupt the blue screens stopped.  It now just hangs the printer (similar to the "USB Problem x64 Windows 7" forum).  In the "USB Problem x64 Windows 7 forum" there is a work around that is unsupported but seems to help.  I used it and now I can print again.  Just thought I'd throw that out to see if any of this helps in your troubleshooting.  Verifying the interrupts for both the USB adapter and video could be a good starting point.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:27:02 am by [AK47]M4lysz »

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 blue screen
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:01:18 pm »
Overheating CPU/GPU due usage of resources or your machine doesn't hold 5v which is needed to run proper external disk.
Probably is last what i count and solution is USB hub with external power unit(adapter)
For example this model