Author Topic: [The-Fake] - The Story  (Read 8742 times)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

[The-Fake] - The Story
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:47 pm »
[The-Fake] – Introduction

I know we are on AdrenalineX and nobody cares about some small server played by someone like me in a past but I found some people here that understand my point of view. These players also remember [The-Fake] where I’m coming from and understand what’s so special in it that other servers will never reach nowadays… They were interested in this server and they how was it so I decided to write it for them.
It will be a long post, that’s for sure. It’s not a must for you to read it. It’s just my story for all of them of the great 2 years I spent there and a story to share for people who visited this place and remember it. These people asked me a lot of times about my past out there so I decided to bring memories back and share what I remember with them until I forgot about some things. And no, it’s not a post about this server is better and other is worse. There is no point in confrontation of a new and old servers. That’s just other league.
I decided to write it after NightHawk’s post reactions. I saw many people knowing him and asking about him and old server I was at in-game. That’s incredible that we have so much common!
I hope this post may bring closer the facts of how It looked like in a past when they weren’t on AdrenalineX here but visited places I was having fun at.

[The-Fake] – Server which didn’t bend under pressure of time

So basically we were [Stunt+Freeroam+Race+Fly+DM] server. Something standard in SA-MP since people are looking mostly for servers offering many different things at once. If you are bored because of sync in DM you can go freeroam. Server was opened since 2007. I think nobody knows the exact dates. I think it was 2nd half of year.
A lot of things happened then. SA-MP had problems, we had problems, everyone had problems. Server has been hacked/DDOSed after  a few months and also gamemode flown on the streets with help from one of the creators named epsilon.
That was the end of the career for epsilon who was immediately demoted. SJAAQ and tse (That’s a legend! Gonna mention him later) decided to continue re-creating [The-Fake] which in its career changed name for a while to “Uncle Nutsy’s Clubhouse”. SJAAQ was mostly only hoster of server. He was also maintenancing  it if it was needed, updating Linux and such the things…

From this time it was going better and better. Many problems got solved. Great people started to come as the regulars.  Many updates, features. Things were getting better and better.

I started playing SA-MP (if I remember well) at the early summer of 2009. I searched for some servers but it was mostly guns disaster which I didn’t really like and well… I still don’t. Around 6 months later or maybe little bit more I started to search some Freeroam server with good quality. After a few days I appeared on [The-Fake]. It was an impulse and I knew it’s a place for me. No useless things, features, no splendour etc.

That was December of 2009. I remember well that cool christmas tree with traffic lights on it, presents under and Rudolph sledges made of some pieces of iron near the spawn haha. That was really awesome!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess it’s a good time now to say something about what we had there. Couse it’s also the thing people ask me about.

So the server was nothing special if we talk about technology. It was normal server offering the most popular things people wanted then back. Many people say that we were first SA-MP server offering one world race system. It was based on Start CPs all over the map (Around 35 races of all kind). When you were near it you had to type /join and wait till the countdown starts. We had opened freeroam map with some places for stunting and spawn on the Abandoned Nevada Airport with map on it. I still can’t find better map for freeroam at AA than we had. It was so simple, not big but it had something making it the best. Maybe it’s just me who likes old fashioned maps but it ruled! We had /terror with flag. You had to pickup flag and keep it as long as you could. One round was around 15 minutes. You were getting money for holding the flag. The best things is that it all was in ONE WORLD. It was based on x y z zones. If you entered the terror zone for example you could have guns and when you were leaving it they were removed. Terror evaluated to team terror later on. You could join blue/red team and fight against each other. Getting Frags for team and such the things… That was good also couse we were able to use army airplanes and helis.

We had dukes of hazard (that’s one of my favorites). That was one sabre and police chasing it over the village. Of course if you left car it was able for picking up by someone else. You couldn’t leave county zone also. Destructing car = lose. It was really cool. Team work in police FTW.
In case of DeathMatches we had yet Titanic DM and Area 51. These 2 were owning seriously!
Jail system was also perfect in my opinion (haha) (it wasn’t popular way of punishment like it is on our server now).
 If you got jailed you were losing all the money, you were sent to abandoned island with info what to do to be free again. So such a player had to find suitcase on Titanic DM (he could get owned on the Titanic couse others could be DMing there LOL). Swimming to Titanic took around 5 minutes I guess.
After becoming free your money was set to -100.000$. Good motivation for not braking rules, isn’t it? :P

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now let’s go back to players. They were creating this. I will do it in a list format couse many of you asking may probably know them.

tse – Server creator. That’s a legend LOL. It’s the most amazing human I have ever met online. Seriously, his style of being owns every other one. He was far away from perfection but you just can’t forget him. He was 2 times older than most of us (even older than pod!) and you could really see it. He mostly didn’t understand and didn’t agree with us but he always could find a way to communicate with us even we looked at him like serious boss. During the last months of The-Fake he was coming 1 or 2 times per week to cruise in his pink Tornado. I think that’s the only time we didn’t see him scripting something huh D: .
Lover of PlayStation3 and hater of BoxBox (XBOX 360). Total maniac.

Graidian – First Head Admin of the server. He created website for [The-Fake] which was pretty complete to be honest. Really good job “guybrush”! He wasn’t often online during my “years” on the server. He had problems with gas in his house LOL. Had to move to friend. He was back as Head Admin later on for around 5 months.

[TF]kyoshiro – Another 2nd Head Admin doing his job after Graidian left. I can’t say accurately for how long but for sure long enough. Another “rare one” online cruising on his NRG-500 however if he was online then we had a lot of fun haha.

[TF]Dchidell – Developing [The-Fake] and helping tse for around 1.5 year If I remember correctly. Another great person.

NightHawk  - Not too young but very intelligent guy who worked as NASA Scientist. He was our grandpa lol :D. NightHawk didn’t like tse and tse didn’t like NightHawk. They were two totally different styles. I still wonder how they leaved in peace.

Bad_Zireny – Some Arab guy coming from Turan district. He couldn’t speak English properly. He bacem popular after trolling each player online. We liked him a lot to be honest lol. He was often saying things such a:
Go ldoctor, homo ass lsister, shut up fuck up, go ldoctor homo ass, sahbe!, zak yhod, lmather nice ass, you homo ass go go go bdoctor, yes haha :s.

I was lucky enough to play during the “golden age” like I already said. I started my first admin career in SA-MP also during [TF]kyoshiro period in summer 2009. However nothing can exist forever.
tse was a really specific person and you could really get tired of him. So did kyoshiro. Just after him Dchidell left too. Then NightHawk. They all went to Awesome Stuntages which is dead now also.
They were developing there for a while and NightHawk got his Head Admin job.
After a few months kyoshiro decided to start own server named VeNoM Freeroam. Project has failed however Dchidell and nemesis from [AS] brought online another server which is a full success now. I won’t name it of course. I don’t want adverts here. NightHawk followed Dchidell and he worked again as HeadAdmin on their server. He is retired now though.

Then everything was getting more messy every day. Players count went down, updates went down. We had no developing at all since 1 guy can’t handle it and he’s got own life too. Server has been “closed” in the meaning of being online but not updated. It remained online only for enjoyment.
tse decided to bring it back at the summer of 2010. He has put on Head Admin a player who had no conflicts with him named tregregins. I will never say he was bad Head Admin but he could have made it better, although, we were all working in the same team and I liked him as a person. Also I don’t think so I did it any better. It was too hard to pull it up in this crisis. I picked up Head Admin job for 4 months just after him. We were trying to bring it back again but it was far too late. No developing at all doesn’t bring anything good.

We went down in the December of 2010…

So yeah basically it’s very short story of how was it back then. We had a lot of good players in a meaning of “good humans”. We knew it will not take too long after almost all good ones from team left but we stayed.
I think all the 3 years of [The-Fake] show very important thing. You don’t need to run into direction of deadly progress marked by the world nowadays. We had like 5-20 players for 1 year. But every day we were coming back in a group of a few regulars just to enjoy what we had. There were a loooooooot of other servers with flying cars, flying supermen and other ugly shit SA-MP can offer nowadays. That’s a serious problem always that they change awesome game into free cheat pack later on… We remained old schooled. All the guys had free road to leave and they didn’t. That was magical really.

I hope that clears out a few things for people who were interested in history of this server and who are playing AdrenalineX now. It’s short story but the most important things are included I hope.

Also I’ll write nicks of best ones I met there so maybe you will recognize somebody huehue. These people were awesome. It’s really sad that we spent with them 2 years and I will never talk to some of them again probably…
I played there as Zakhary.

tse, Graidian, [TF]kyoshiro, tregregins, NightHawk, [TF]Dchidell, [RO]belizarius, karlis, [TPK]granzy, 2000, [TF]ReD_HiTmAn, Pedro_Guedes, NoxY, philldog, crazy_biker, velkarumpali, Stefano_Grgic, SkaZI., [Jessica], Dogie, Biggs, Tenac, will227, [PL]Phariseus, [TF]GangBang, [XZS], A_P3rson, Bad_Zireny, CJLeo, Deixel, Hal9000, lilgangsta, nos_66, Stew_33, Supercharger, [TF]Cata,  [TF]wof1037, zoidberg, Bad_Girl.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:55:11 pm by [MAF]Cromiell »

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: [The-Fake] - The Story
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:32:02 pm »
sry but cba  ::)

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:34:22 pm »
sry but cba  ::)

Haha. I wrote it couse Ganja was interested in it and I always love to share what I remember. Also a few others. :L

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:38:09 pm »
interesting story, sounds like it was a fun server to play on
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:13 pm »
My favourite part of the server was the toilets you had to collect and you had to get someone to help you at some of them, fun server.
HELLO THERE

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »
Sounds like a cool story, looks like it was a really funny server

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:20 pm »
My favourite part of the server was the toilets you had to collect and you had to get someone to help you at some of them, fun server.

Yeh lol. It was epic idea wasn't it? I forgot about it now to be honest. And wow, anybody has read it. Well it's stupid to "cry" over online gaming but yeah it was magic place. Anyway thread has been made mostly for Ganja and his dudes I guess. :L

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:23 am »
Many people say that we were first SA-MP server offering one world race system.

Hmm, weren't servers running Switch's original Adrenaline mode the first?

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:25 pm »
There were part even before Adrenaline mode which part was me,ezra,mooman and few more mates in 2006-2007.Of course mode about what Cromiell talking came later
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:34:30 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline [TF]Naruto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »
Damn! How many years have it been? :O And how could you forget to mention my Name bro? :D We were cruising together on AA sometimes and i was a very active player :D So many memories with this server! :D Was the best server on SAMP !!! I was one of the most active players I think played till late night and morning till i was alone in the server sometimes :( Today I had to think of old samp days and TF server and googled it and landed here :D I have tse on my PSN Account (Playstation Network) as a friend (PS3 FWT xD) but he does not reply. I guess I will ask him if he is alright :D Hope some more old members will see this thread :D Seems i am the first one :P

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »
I don't remember you tho lol

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »
same, except your name :(
welcome here, anyway!

Offline pajk

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:54 am »
//bj was the best, it was unfinishable lol, and dukes of hazzard, yes, it was so great

Offline [TF]Naruto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:02 pm »
You forgot me? :/ But I remember most of the guys very well there including you :D Time passed very fast :/

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »
//bj was the best, it was unfinishable lol, and dukes of hazzard, yes, it was so great
:O what was your nick there?