Author Topic: Windows won't start...  (Read 2950 times)

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
Windows won't start...
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:59 pm »
Hey, so on my PC I've got some problem, and I was wondering if I could get some help here even though it might need to see in the pc to fix that.

So I've often had a problem with my 2nd HDD, a 500GB seagate, sometimes it wasn't detected, it first stopped completely working and I sent it to the guarantee like 2 years ago I don't remember when exactly, but the guarantee is for sure over now. I usually cleaned the dust when it wasn't detected (with full precautions, switch off the electricity etc) and 3/4 of the times it worked, 1/4 I tried again. Anyway my main HDD always worked.

Now I got it again today, and I noticed a cable was detached while the 3 "brother" cables were attached to the same plastic stuff. It might need some pictures...

But now, when I start my pc, even though it seems like the HDD is detected on the first page, it asks me if I want to start windows normally, to start it with the last successful settings, or that other mode I don't know how to translate in English (no fail mode?) when selecting any of those, the pc just restarts...

Anybody would know what the problem could be, how to solve it? And if you want some pics of the pc (inside) no problem I can upload some... it's quite a mess :L some cables aren't connected anywhere but apparently those were normal, it's always worked like that anyway. I've already shown it irl to a friend but he doesn't know lol he also thinks it might be some cable between the HDDs that's fucked and so windows can't be loaded, even though the main HDD had never had any problem.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Windows won't start...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »
pics please!
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »
Ok so here, on the bottom right, it goes to my main HDD, top right to the seagate.

On the last image, bottom left, it's one of those yellow-black-black-red wires that was detached, a black one, I put it inside the plastic stuff.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:31:02 pm »
oh hai there thumb :D

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:23 pm »
thumb: hai snoops  :D

btw it's normal that the cd players aren't connected to anything, I never use them anyway.

Offline [RSX]konbleck

• konbleck, previously known as CruzeS_(PT)
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [RSX]konbleck
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:40:46 pm »
[...]
Now I got it again today, and I noticed a cable was detached while the 3 "brother" cables were attached to the same plastic stuff. It might need some pictures...
[...]
maybe your problem is right there... some "f*cked up" cable...

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:42:49 pm »
Yes that's what I think, I might just need to change cables, but as I'm not sure, not used to fixing PCs, I'd like to get some opinions.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:59:28 pm »
yeah you need to buy a 4 pin molex cable to replace the broken one and see if that fixes it
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:15 pm »
Alright, I hope that's the problem at least it won't cost much.

Thanks for your help.

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:11 pm »
np

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 04:10:23 pm »
Tried starting it today to check in the BIOS if it's not trying to load windows from the 2nd HDD, but the first time I tried, it started well, both HDD detected...  :L