Author Topic: AdrenalineX NASCAR Sprint Cup: Good Sam RV Insurance 500 (Sign up)  (Read 13175 times)

Offline [LSR]Jarol

Re: Good Sam RV Insurance 500 (Sign up)
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 02:59:24 pm »
due to shitty sync and all that, you should be as careful around other racers as possible.. i don't see the problem with being fair and competitive without blocking someone? you can still play defensive by racing a little bit harder and faster but not blocking on purpose and possibly fucking up someone's race to keep your position. that's just selfish

I agree that with u Andy, u just can race with some competitive style but not on purpose blocking u need to look to the others too and there are always slower guys and faster guys but imo u must look at the others too and not only to urself.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 03:18:17 pm »
yep

Offline lol69

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 03:51:11 pm »
I loved these few corners where we were close to each other Snoop.
I almost had an heart attack because there were some noobs in front of me making me go a little bit to the right/centre, and I sooooo didn't want to hit you.
I hope there was no scratch on your hotring because of me.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 03:59:17 pm »
:) i was having a good run with ush too until mr andrew_lasage messed it all up :/ i don't really care about gaining time or winning. but i do like gaining positions fairly even if that means driving on the outside and letting somebody overtake me on the inside

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 05:10:52 pm »
Quote from:  MadMax

How the fuck i could pass you if you weren't slowing down at all!

so you're saying just because I'm driving fast and you can't pass me, that's a reason to ruin my race by using a command? please...

This is a race, ...

and THIS IS A BLUE FLAG!

This flag encourages a driver to move aside to allow faster traffic to pass.
The blue flag
A light blue flag, sometimes with a diagonal yellow, orange, or red stripe, informs a driver that a faster car is approaching and that the driver should move aside to allow one or more faster cars to pass. During a race, this would usually only be shown to a driver getting lapped, but during practice or qualifying it could be shown to any driver. In most series, the blue flag is not mandatory - drivers obey it only as a courtesy to their fellow racers. In other series, drivers get severely penalized for not yielding or for interfering with the leaders, including getting sent to the pits for the rest of the race. In Formula One, if the driver about to be lapped ignores three waved blue flags in a row, he is required to make a drive-through penalty.

So in theory after seing it 3 times would you like to spend rest of the race in pits? or just slow down for fucking 5 seconds, let overlappers pass and continue race?

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline pod

• Scripter
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: pod
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »
NASCAR doesn't use blue flags

Offline MELK1Y

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »
NASCAR doesn't use blue flags
pod has owned all. :L

Offline Ganja

• Shit happens when you party naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:42 pm »
Nice flag.

btw, next time try to actually catch up, I was looking back the whole time. You were at least 50 meters away, slowly drifting away.

This might be a sync or lag issue but as I said previously, I got a fast connection and 50+ fps so why should I be punished because the server is laggy?

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »
hmm i was looking for something, and tought it uses blue flag too (but not that strictly like F1)
Quote from: http://nascar.about.com/od/nascar101/ss/flagsofnascar_8.htm
This is the "courtesy" flag or the "move over" flag. It is the only flag that is optional. A driver may, at his discretion, ignore this flag.

It is displayed to a car (or group of cars) to let them know that the leaders are coming up behind them and that should be courteous and move over to let the leaders race.

Again, this flag is optional... However, NASCAR takes a dim view of anyone who repeatedly, and without a darn good reason, ignores it.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_rules_and_regulations
The blue flag with a yellow stripe is shown to warn slow drivers of faster cars approaching. NASCAR rarely punishes drivers for not obeying this flag; however, it is frequently displayed and warnings may be given if it is blatant (such as a lapped driver blocking for a teammate). NASCAR uses the yellow diagonal stripe on the blue flag because the flag is usually displayed on top of the starter's stand, and not at eye-level to the driver from the track.

thats why i ignored it for 3 or 4 laps, but later it became too annoying, but it was 1st time in our season i used any admin cmd

also nascar uses bit diffrent points system, but i find this easier to use in our one (maybe next season could do full-length races with pit-stops and total nascar rules

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:29:14 pm by MadMax »

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline pod

• Scripter
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: pod
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »
I don't know :(

I've never seen it used or mentioned in a broadcast.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »
Woo pod finally revealed one of his hobbies; watching NASCAR!