Author Topic: a complaint  (Read 8801 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
a complaint
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:57:15 pm »
i don't care if this is a stupid topic for such a complaint but i'm making it now since i get treated like some random noob

so i get some turkish LSR members talking about or flaming me in another language, i don't know what but i asked if they could respect my wishes and stop it, no big deal right?

so they start arguing with me basically saying it isn't against the rules blah blah blah, so then peddy decides to mute me, for what exactly? asking some LSR members to respect my wishes and talk about me in english? i know i lost my ownership status and all that but there's no need to treat me like some regular noob, afterall i did put a lot of money into the server since march 08 so i deserve some respect and protection if i ask for it, not to be muted... thanks!

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: a complaint
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »
don't really understand why you are anyone else for that matter should get muted for that. obviously i don't know the full story so i guess i'll wait to see what the others say..
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:23:45 pm »
a confrontation happened because i asked if some LSR members could talk about me in english, i don't think a big deal is to be made out of that. they start arguing with me basically saying no, other people like mikegt joined in and it went on from there. being silenced for trying to sort out a confronation isn't gonna solve things, people should be able to sort it out themselves, PM would have been better ofc but i'd rather be warned than instantly muted

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »
[...]

so they start arguing with me basically saying it isn't against the rules blah blah blah, so then peddy decides to mute me, for what exactly? [...] so i deserve some respect and protection if i ask for it, not to be muted... thanks!

I've just had joined the server. Seeing Nomercy and Snoopy having an arguement each other. After the "fight" started to involve other players of the server to join the fight I just decided to mute Snoopy AND Nomercy.
I had the feeling their free talk started to make a bad atmosphere on the server and between Snoopy and Mercy so I've decided to mute them both to give them the opportunity to solve their conflicts via PM instead of using the main chat...

And snoopy I respect the work you did for the server. And I respect you same as any other member on the server.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:57 pm »
it wasn't even a fight though, when you got a load of people starting to gang up on you, you have to defend yourself

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »
theres nothing bad I did if I muted you for one minute to think about things before you or anybody else may say some bad things.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 08:29:21 pm »
well in future please warm me instead of instantly muting me, i'd appeciate that :) it's not nice being silenced just for trying to sort a problem out :)

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
Actually I don't know what this complaint is about?

Complaint about me muting you?

Complaint about no respect?

Complaint about others talking in other languages about someone else?

Offline peddy

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
well in future please warm me instead of instantly muting me, i'd appeciate that :) it's not nice being silenced just for trying to sort a problem out :)

I completely agree with that.

And it would be fair if we could solve things in a friendly way in all situations - no matter whos involved...

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »
Complaint about me muting you?

yep and i know it's a shitty topic to make. but i just want to make my point clear that being silenced for something so stupid isn't nice

Offline [AK47]Zetterberg

• View Profile
    • AK47 Website
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
it wasn't even a fight though, when you got a load of people starting to gang up on you, you have to defend yourself

Thats what i had yesterday, but when i start to discuss i was muted at the moment.

BTW i know how bad when somebody write something about you in sometype of language what you dont understand, just you see and understand only your name . So tiresome!

Offline [LSR]Euphoria...

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »
lol snoopy i didn't flame you or like it. i don't flame anyone. if you prove that i mean flame anyone i can leave server. btw i don't have to translate what did i say. maybe i cannot cause of my bad english. you cannot know that. Sometimes you can talk about me in english and maybe i cannot understand what did you say about me. if i wanna translate to turkish for me will you do that ? i'll answer, no. so don't forget, maybe you muted someone for same reasons. so you should be patient like other players some problems..

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »
english is the main language, i've never seen any problems where you don't understand what someone says about you... that's a poor excuse tbh. you know for sure it's easier to understand english than it is to understand a different language, i mean all i did was ask you to talk about me in english, i didn't want a huge war over it... but you made it that way by saying no and then all your friends like mikegt decide to join in.

Offline [LSR]Euphoria...

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »
main chat not english. everyone can speak all languages. i don't wanna translate for you. when i don't understand some sentences  i use translate. maybe you can do this.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:48:03 pm »
my only request was to talk about me in english if you are going to talk about me. nothing to make a big deal out of is it?... you could have just said "yes ok" and left it at that

i don't have a problem with people speaking different languages, but just out of common courtesy it would be nice that's all if you could respect my wishes