Author Topic: Comments from a "Guest"  (Read 7759 times)

Offline NightHawk

• View Profile
Comments from a "Guest"
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:56:16 am »
Howdi,
A friend of mine (Zakhary) mentioned he was an Admin here so I thought I'd check the place out...

I was NOT very impressed with how Guests are treated...
Unlike most Guests, I actually like to read the /rules and get a "feel" for the place and such before diving right in...

While trying to do so I was repeated killed by 3 fucking morons (GoogleTranslate, magno and some other asshat) and was constantly put in races I didn't elect to join...

NOT very conducive to learning the proper etiquette when joining a new server...

Havng been a lead Admin on [The Fake], Head Admin on Awesome Stuntages, and running my own server in the meanwhile (StarGate:San An) I am pretty familiar with SAMP in all its incarnations...

You bill yourself as a "Racing Server" yet all I experienced in my initial visit was spawnkilling fucktards...
Since when did racing and armed conflict have anything to do with each other?

Regardless, I registered to see what other options were available to a registered user (like NOT joining a race unless you choose to and avoiding the aforementioned fucktards) and intend to go back and do further research on your site...

I am also a pretty damn good coder and have an easy and simple bit of code to pass on that eliminates that "star" syndrome that appears when you use names with brackets in the GameTextForPlayer statements...Since it appears you use that particular mode of informing the player of race results almost exclusively I'll provide it if/when anyone of nominal power around here requests it...Would make the server look much better...

Again, I was not very much impressed with my initial visit but back I go to assess the benefits of being regstered...

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
Re: Comments from a "Guest"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:57 am »
i dont get it

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:41 am »
I always thought the star syndrome was on purpose
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:26:15 am »
:/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:32:48 pm by Mourad »

Offline NightHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:00:21 am »
No, the star syndrome is resultant because SAMP handles certain characters differently...
It's an easy fix however...

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:24 am »
I see. Well, I'd of course be grateful if you could share the fix. Regarding your criticism (which, by the way, was highly appreciated since we rarely get such posts from new players):
1. You probably joined during an "IV race". In this type of race, everyone gets weapons and the aim is to win the race by overtaking or killing other players. I can see how disorientating and confusing it must be for new players. I think giving everyone unlimited health until the first checkpoint in such races would fix that problem so we'll try that out.
2. By default, all players are sent to race because when we had a "do what you want" system, hardly anyone figured out what to do. However, and these options are pretty hidden, there are other things to do if you don't want to race: /stunt /dm /tt (only for players with a score > 250) /spec (id) /tv

One of my aims as scripter has been to make the server more new player-friendly and while I think it's improved recently your post reminds me we still have a long way to go. Thanks
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:36:41 am »
Oh lol. I would never bet you come here. I even invited tse to check it out but so far he E-Mailed back that 35 years old man is mostly busy in his damn work and playing with girlfriends.

Anyway feel free to come here during the day couse you live in the East Coast right? Then it is -6 hours from my time zone. My nick is the same as on the forums so if you're online just drop me a /pm and i will look around you.

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:22 am »
The server is pretty newbie friendly, only that they have to ability to /report too. If someone is doing something against the /rules, feel free to report. There have been loads of people joining in IV or NASCAR races and they don't know what to do. They get punished for something they don't know of and just quit without even asking what they did wrong.

I don't appreciate your language. They're not fucktards nor asshats. They're players, just like you.

And yeah, hint hint, the gametextforall line with ''%s has won'' could possibly be removed or made a little more un-noticeable. Kinda distracts racers. :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:51:14 am by Karlip »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:53:33 am »
I don't appreciate your language. They're not fucktards nor asshats. They're players, just like you.

i agree, he came here with a bit of a bad attitude tbh

And yeah, hint hint, the gametextforall line with ''%s has won'' could possibly be removed or made a little more un-noticeable. Kinda distracts racers. :D

i agree, that could possibly make new players panic or something when they see it
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:55:25 am by [MAF]Snoopy »

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:10 am »
meh The fake, Meh awesome stuntages. And what's with calling people you don't even know "fucktards" you have no right  :-\

anyway, it is a bit strange having someone from another server giving constructive criticism, quite helpful I suppose  ;D

EDIT: BY THE WAY I was always getting muted on awesome stuntages for bad language, you set a great example don't you?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:11:52 am by [aXs]lilrunty »
HELLO THERE

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »
i havent even noticed the stars until he brought it up ,never really paid attention to it lol...

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 02:30:47 pm »
lol that was one of the first things I've noticed when playing SAMP. I like it.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »
Same, I always liked the star thing too, constructive criticism is good, but you come off as having a bad attitude, calling players fucktards and the like.

Unlike most Guests, I actually like to read the /rules and get a "feel" for the place and such before diving right in...

That's actually a VERY good idea, make it so that the rules pop up in a dialog box at spawn, and you have to click accept to play. Problem is we'd need the rules to display the correct language on start up. Dunno how that would work.

The server forces you into races. This isn't a freeroam race script, you join the race that everybody is doing, that's just how AdrenalineX works, and that's how the original adrenaline script worked too. It'll never change to a freeroam type of racing script, that's what /TT is for.

And yeah, you probably joined during an IV race.
1. You probably joined during an "IV race". In this type of race, everyone gets weapons and the aim is to win the race by overtaking or killing other players. I can see how disorientating and confusing it must be for new players. I think giving everyone unlimited health until the first checkpoint in such races would fix that problem so we'll try that out.

Yeah excellent idea, that would work perfectly. Auto repair for cars too, and maybe a textdraw somewhere on the screen, saying damage is enabled or something.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:51:19 pm by [MAF]FireFox »

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »
If you join as guest, you get the language of your country for which the script is translated or english.

Example: I join with a fake name, I get Dutch language settings.

Anyway I've been lazy translating and a lot isn't translated and I saw a mistake yesterday. But I set my language to English cause I prefer that above Dutch while gaming.

Offline ivanduk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 03:00:37 pm »
Same, I always liked the star thing too, constructive criticism is good, but you come off as having a bad attitude, calling players fucktards and the like.

That's actually a VERY good idea, make it so that the rules pop up in a dialog box at spawn, and you have to click accept to play. Problem is we'd need the rules to display the correct language on start up. Dunno how that would work.

If we do this we can make it so you can click "accept" after 5 seconds or so, the player should get a message like ''You did not read the rules, please read them so that you can start playing" because most people would click it without reading them (just an idea, dont know if its possible)

[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: talking about gay give it to id 17
piggernenis [17]: haha
piggernenis [17]: hulka put me on ignore because he thinks im gay
[SFX]Dr.Hulka [4]: id 17 have aids

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »
As it's already been said, it's nice to see some new players read /rules, and to see somebody showing his point of view.

But also, with that language it sounds more to me as a "you suck I'm better haha!" than a constructive criticism. I hope your servers aren't of those that mute every player who says "noob" "you're dumb" because that would make you quite a hypocrite with your language used here. Same for advertising, in some other servers' forum such a post would have been deleted for advertising too.

If players had weapons, you joined during a IV race, regular races don't have weapons.

It's also true we don't care much about people fighting after a finished race, but if you report a player DMing you out of /DM and not during a IV race, after watching the player we'd punish him.

Offline belizarius

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »
Howdi,
bla bla bla
Fuck you Nighthawk, you power hungry, crippled bastard.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »
i've already heard some not so nice things about NightHawk already... way to build a rep :/

Offline [2F2F]DodgeR

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 07:44:36 pm »
Hey Nighthawk.

long time no see, not sure if you remember me but im "Artful_Dodger" we never spoke much but i certainly remember you very well

welcome

Offline Ganja

• Shit happens when you party naked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 07:17:15 pm »
Hawkyy!  8)
aliceonacid here, welcome bro.

^This dude has stuff on his server you won't see anywhere else on samp.

looking forward to see you here more often  >:D

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 07:19:06 pm »
Yeh but no one likes him so they don't go to his server to se things "you won't see anywhere else"
HELLO THERE

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 07:20:22 pm »
no one likes you, so why are you posting

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »
Because people are entitled to an opinion that's why I posted.  ^-^
HELLO THERE

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 07:23:41 pm »
seriously tho, he got some cool stuff that could be implemented in some races.

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »
True but still, like me, hasn't got much of a reputation for being nice lol
HELLO THERE

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 08:29:57 pm »
Out of curiosity, what's the name of his server?

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 09:24:07 pm »
zak remembers the exact name

Offline [MAF]Cromiell

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 06:30:28 am »
It's server only for poeple that know him and wanna test something there couse I doubt it's even on Internet list. Name is "Nighthawk's Test".