Author Topic: Why am I banned?  (Read 14220 times)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Why am I banned?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 11:38:44 pm »
But how was i supposed to know that it was a admin command?  :-\
it's very obvious that we would never let players have access to a command like that. imagine how ridiculously easy hacking would be if you knew every time someone reported you. and of course "*cough* admin *cough*" really makes it look like you knew it was an admin command
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
dodger is just as bad then, he is an admin and he knows it's only for admins so he should have told you that

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »
But how was i supposed to know that it was a admin command?  :-\
it's very obvious that we would never let players have access to a command like that. imagine how ridiculously easy hacking would be if you knew every time someone reported you. and of course "*cough* admin *cough*" really makes it look like you knew it was an admin command
No i made Krissi look like it automatically came up my screen but it didnt.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »
you were happy enough to wind krissi up over it. before pod told me that /alerts was available to everybody, i instantly thought you were hacking cos of that weird ban last night and then you saying on irc "cough admin cough" i started piecing it all together...

Offline [MAF]mourad

• Admin
  • Life is a joke, laugh at it.
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]mourad
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:56 pm »
He really thought i was a admin and i was just joking with him like i normally do.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »
My members suffered enough in past,not long ago Jarno was banned too cause of some silly bug into script.I can swear i have reported many things on forum what nobody took for real,only when shit like this happens patch comes next day...

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:47:26 pm »
your members should play by the rules then. if somebody in MAF abused a fault in the system, the same punishment would go to them even if we are friends

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 11:50:38 pm »
If am right,every single member of MAF clan is admin on server so they cant make mistake as Jarno did.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »
well yeah true. but i actually mean if we had people that weren't admins in MAF

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 11:57:27 pm »
Sure i get your point but still 2 weeks ban is bit overreaction especially cause kids like Jarno never make mess on purpose.Am pretty sure that many worst bugs we had in past,even server where each player have admin rights but you were more calm than now  ;)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:32 pm »
i'm calm now. i'm just more involved and i care a lot more than i used to. and also there was nothing stopping jarno from telling a scripter about /alerts instead of keeping it to himself for a week or even longer if i didn't read any of this on IRC

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 12:09:40 am »
Sure i know you doing your best to improve quality of server but seems there is lack of communication between players-scripters.Am sure there is plenty topics like this http://forum.adrenalinex.co.uk/index.php/topic,3109.0.html where some regular try to suggest some and if you or few more admins not make one post,whole topic die soon or later cause scripters doesnt take this for serious :(
Probably that is why nobody of them didn't used forum to report that fault with alert command

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 12:11:00 am »
When you're speccing someone, it would be cool if it shows what cp the person is on so you know when that person finish.

because i think that's not possible due to samp. r doesn't have much time these days because of personal reasons. i'm not a scripter so there's nothing i can do, and i'm sure pod and mooman are very busy too

but the point here is abusing faults in the system, all they have to do is send a scripter or me a PM so i can tell a scripter about this bug, and to be fair as soon as pod or mooman know about a bug, they instantly fix it and i can back them up on that cos as soon as i find something i tell them and they fix it straight away. so there's no excuse to be made that bugs aren't being fixed
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:15:49 am by [MAF]Snoops »

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:52 am »
Ye they are guilty cause huge mess happened this night but am bit about to forgive everything cause as Mourad said they didn't knew its admin only command.
To be honest list of new commands is huge and if player doesnt visit Rick's blog on main page he cant be sure what he is able to use.
2 or 3 days ago i was able to see IP's of every single player who visit our website by clicking on his account stats page and few hours later that option gone.And there was no any proper info why that was added on site and why is disappeared couple hours later

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 12:31:21 am »
admins can view the player's IP on the highscores page, just admins only. surely that's obvious, you know how protective mooman is about IPs showing so he wouldn't do something silly and make every player see IPs.

i know you want to defend your clan members but there's no excuses for this. report a bug to mooman or pod and they fix it as fast as they can and i can back them up 100% on that.

nothing left to say, two weeks is good enough imo