Author Topic: Cleo is now forbidden!  (Read 4848 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Cleo is now forbidden!
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »
because of that idiot deivis, we now know for sure that cleo can also be used for all kinds of cheats.

it needs to be added to the rules too.

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
Re: Cleo is now forbidden!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
Well, CLEO mods that give you an advantage have always been against the rules. This time the ban includes CLEO graphics mods and other similar stuff too?
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

falco355

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »
depends to the cleo mod's kind , if it's a speedo or hud something like that

personnaly , i don't use cleo anymore, only in single payer

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »
There's other ways to get speedos in San Andreas, cleos are never necessary. I thought they were already banned, since we knew the damage they could do and the rules already said "No mods". Anyway great decision :)

falco355

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:10:50 pm »
i know, i just give an example , i have camhack for speedo

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »
Well, CLEO mods that give you an advantage have always been against the rules.

we never actually made a decision about allowing cleo or disallowing it

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
We'll add it to the gamemode rules.
I'm against CLEO. One line can add $5,000,000.
Instantly banning players I don't think is fair though just yet. Might as well try educate them into not using Cleo mods.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 07:24:19 pm »
Bette educate them to not use any mode

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 07:26:54 pm »
same with lamp post mods. i always think it's a bit harsh instantly banning a player because of that just because they want to make the game a bit easier, we all know how lamps can be a pain

falco355

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »
just ban all cleo users who use a cleo mod what the user have an unfair advantage

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 07:49:10 pm »
same with lamp post mods. i always think it's a bit harsh instantly banning a player because of that just because they want to make the game a bit easier, we all know how lamps can be a pain
Ye but not many of mode users were friendly to remove mods when you suggest them 3-4 times what is their fault.Even kick doesn't make success.Until you ban them and they making unban appeal how they feel sorry cause they used that..Simple they trying fooling us

That fool cause of who topic is started was pretty cocky that night,i knew that he had mode active cause in 2 tracks before i left server car almost killed him on grid before track start.Thought to ban him but in moment crossed my mind somebody going judge me cause i have no proof what shit he have so one more time it will be fail ban.But thanks to Fantomas video he is banned.
You can find in log file when i told him i wish i had my fraps active
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:00:18 pm by [LSR]Jalicno »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 07:53:10 pm »
it's the same with cleo mods, there was a player not too long ago that me and joe dealt with, we must've asked him 100 times to remove his cleo mods and he refused to reason with us, all he kept saying was "i don't have them enabled" and "i use them on other servers and i forgot to remove them on here" it's all one big excuse to cheat imo

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 09:24:05 pm »
We should say mods are not allowed (as it is at the moment).

In reality, we can't tell if someone has Cleo or not, so we should use our discretion: if we see someone with flashing lights we should let it slide, but obviously ban if they are abusing.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:09 pm »
if we see someone with flashing lights we should let it slide, but obviously ban if they are abusing.

then this topic is pointless because we will be letting them use cleo. and as it stands i don't trust what cleo can actually do

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 10:41:50 pm »
it's the same with cleo mods, there was a player not too long ago that me and joe dealt with, we must've asked him 100 times to remove his cleo mods and he refused to reason with us, all he kept saying was "i don't have them enabled" and "i use them on other servers and i forgot to remove them on here" it's all one big excuse to cheat imo

arrghh that was the most annoying moment of my life lol. Anyway yeah, cleo should be totally banned imo, it's just too easy to cheat. Like the guy me and snoopy dealt with, he had a superman mod at the time and he didn't think anything of it, purely because it was cleo. So if people can use mods like superman without thinking anything of it, imagine if somebody actually TRIED to hack with cleo. I've seen plenty of cleo speedhax mods up for download, too.

Offline siiiim

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:05 pm »

Heh... Lampposts in racing server is obvious cheating. You could say same about cheaters who are airbreaking, they just tried making their game easier..

If rules state that cleo is not allowed, they agree with it when connecting. If they break it, their problem.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 08:42:29 pm »

Heh... Lampposts in racing server is obvious cheating. You could say same about cheaters who are airbreaking, they just tried making their game easier..

If rules state that cleo is not allowed, they agree with it when connecting. If they break it, their problem.

Well said.

Offline MegaLojen

• View Profile
    • http://dl-clan.tk/
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 02:55:16 am »
we can't tell if someone has Cleo or not''''agein

[img]http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/car-photos/mc1-supercar-1-big.jpg[img]

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
That's about as true as saying that we can't tell you're 12.