Author Topic: An Idea (I)  (Read 6913 times)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea (I)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:50 am »
vertigo agreeing with jali  :o
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:48 am »
Really not see point of changing anything,since i didnt deleted any track long time plus only level 3 admins are able to delete-remove them.Only if you are scary that they going delete some tracks what are well known(classic) for all of us,but if think about that why you gave them that status to be honest?You knew already what level 3 admins should(not) do while they are on server.

Exactly, if you don't trust someone with the deletion of races why are they level 3 in the first place.

hmm true i suppose it's not like we need race testers anyway, ok back to level 2 for you both :)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 10:23:59 am »
:L

Problems
Old races with bad checkpoints, kept just becaue they're old.
Different admins have different preferences. What might be liked by them is disliked by others.

Solution 1
If the race has bad checkpoints, delete it. Regardless of who made it, or when it was made. Yes, it's good to keep the history of built races, but if they are fails why plague the server with them.

Solution 2
No admin is allowed to delete another admins race, it can only be deleted if that admin made it.

Scrap all that, this is a hard decision.

I dunno what to suggest, that sounds good. :(

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 10:30:52 am »
wish i never made this topic :L

i don't get very much money so it's like i want to pay for something that i can ejoy and i enjoy older racers, not the best of qualify i know that but it's also not hard to remember the cps for next time lol

but at the same time, mooman also pays and wants to enjoy racing on good quality races, but he hates slow vehicles :L
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:45:23 am by Snoopy »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 12:43:06 pm »
what about just letting mooman, snoopy, madmax, rac3r, pod, and ff have control over deleting accepted races? then the race testers still have their control over accepting accepting and delete untested races

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 01:07:26 pm »
I never delete races just because I don't like them. I delete because they're faulty (I can get very obsessive at times, but I always mean it for the good). If you're so keen to preserving classics, then maybe we should discuss a system to keep them from being deleted? Though we should never forget the word "quality", maybe we can get people like Max or Love to manually fix errors on the classics. :)

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »
^ Could be my words.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 02:18:46 pm »
I never delete races just because I don't like them.

k ezra

[Delete] [falky] [4_Jalicno]

because it had jalicno in the race name ^_^

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 02:21:27 pm »
oh darn

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 02:57:53 pm »
i've been deleting some of the really shit ones too, rac3r is my witness as well

but the odd few that may have an awkward cp or something, why does it really matter just remember it for next time

[Delete] [[MAF]Snoopy] [In_Ass]

sweeper race that made you drive through fences

that icecream derby race should be deleted too