Author Topic: FIFA world cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar. What do you think?  (Read 10841 times)

Offline slowdoh

• Admin
  • GO HARD OR GO HOME!
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F
Re: FIFA world cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar. What do you think?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 11:41:32 pm »
If anything it would have benefited spain/portugal, they had the infrastructure and a few uefa elite stadiums already. It would have brought a shit load of money into their economy, I would say the same for england.

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:51 am »
What money problems do The Netherlands and England have?

England, no money problems? Lol. You should have watched the news about 2months ago. But they might solve those without much problems. Anyway I really didn't want England to get the wc lol.
And about NL/BE, it's mostly about Belgium, we don't even know if Belgium will still exist in 2018 :L It's been like 3 years they're constantly having problems, mainly political, they spend months with no government......

Football + desert = no go. And yes I know about some European players go there for the fucking money. The thing you say about Qatar giving people their nationality, is what I'm afraid of. Isn't this competition distortion? And about the hotels I do'n't care lol, they have enough money to spend on and demolish the buildings afterwards.

Well about this football + desert, with the air conditionned stadiums, the problem's solved. But the fans that will go there will still be in a heavy heat outside... And people from western/north europe aren't used to that heat lol, even people from mediterranea might melt :L I also don't like the fact some countries give people the nationality just for that...

And also, I think there's a minimum in the choice of the country, not only that football has to be popular in the selected country, but also it should have some level in football... at least their team should have qualified once for a world cup... Qatar 0.
Giving the world cup to Qatar may make football more popular in arab countries (I don't know if it is popular or not in the middle east, but it's already by far the most popular sport in North Africa).

I've read that Russia will pay ~35billion € to organize the WC. Qatar... 75billion lol, more than double.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:39:03 am by OuzoMeze »

Offline slowdoh

• Admin
  • GO HARD OR GO HOME!
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 12:20:44 am »
If they have the money, let them spend haha. Plus they'll need to spend that much compared to Russia anyway

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:45 am »
And about NL/BE, it's mostly about Belgium, we don't even know if Belgium will still exist in 2018 :L It's been like 3 years they're constantly having problems, mainly political, they spend months with no government......

Haha true about Belgium, imo they should split up and give Wallonia to the French and Flanders to The Netherlands.. France and NL can make something out of it :L Or maybe France doesn't want Wallonia because it is a bit poor.