Author Topic: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed  (Read 8654 times)

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 05:40:13 pm »
no licence required is the best way :P

I don't know. It would be a great way to give quality control and increase taxes.
yeah, i meant just for personal use not to have a licence
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »
My stance on legalising all drugs is this:

I'm all for it because we get tax revenue, prostitution goes down, petty theft goes down, organised crime falls apart, less policing is needed so the taxpayer saves money there, NHS saves money by controlling the amount and quantity of drugs people receive (a hit of morphine actually only costs a few pennies! It's just the gangsters take such a huge cut for smuggling it in), NHS knows who is taking drugs and can help people stop, HIV will spread less quickly since needle sharing stops.

The only down side I can see is that some people will start taking drugs just "because it's legal." But I don't care, as far as I can see it's just natural selection. :L

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »
ok hopefully R will code it :D

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:14 pm »
My stance on legalising all drugs is this:

I'm all for it because we get tax revenue, prostitution goes down, petty theft goes down, organised crime falls apart, less policing is needed so the taxpayer saves money there, NHS saves money by controlling the amount and quantity of drugs people receive (a hit of morphine actually only costs a few pennies! It's just the gangsters take such a huge cut for smuggling it in), NHS knows who is taking drugs and can help people stop, HIV will spread less quickly since needle sharing stops.

The only down side I can see is that some people will start taking drugs just "because it's legal." But I don't care, as far as I can see it's just natural selection. :L

Woo pretty good argumentation! But all drugs... I don't know if that's a good idea. A lot of people wanna try things, if you try heroin you're addicted after the first time. That means a lot of taxmoney needs to be spend at getting people clean, etc etc. Being addicted destroys your life, totally. So in my opinion not all drugs should be legalized. Soft drugs yes, harddrugs no. Just to protect people, task of our governments.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'd like to have all drugs legalized :D I think I can handle it. And it would be easier and safer to try different kind of drugs.

PS: I want mushrooms back in The Netherlands, they got forbidden because stupid french people always killed theirselves after using them. If just the French people knew how to behave :(
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:38:50 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:44 pm »
So in my opinion not all drugs should be legalized.
Oh and don't get me wrong, I'd like to have all drugs legalized :D

hmm?

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 12:01:31 am »
There's a difference between what I like and what I think is best for the society.

Offline [AK47]M4lysz

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • [AK47]Forum
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 07:29:40 am »
that`s right

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 08:22:44 am »
PS: I want mushrooms back in The Netherlands, they got forbidden because stupid french people always killed theirselves after using them.

:L

In the UK we had a legal drug called mephedrone (it was used as plant food), but they banned it without any proper evidence. A kid who had been drinking heavily and taking huge amounts of the drug (only complete idiots mix drugs), ended up killing himself. The government panicked and outlawed the substance without any evidence whatsoever, the guy had been drinking enough to kill himself anyway.

I mean, I don't have any desire to take mephedrone, but if it takes years of discussion and hard evidence just to raise taxes on cigarettes, then why should this drug be special? Now many farmers/florists are in trouble because they don't have the right nutrition for their plants.  :D

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 10:41:26 am »
What the strangest thing is, why is soft drugs illegal in most countries, while a hard drug (ALCOHOL!!) is completely legal. That's just fucking weird.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:45 am »
PS: I want mushrooms back in The Netherlands, they got forbidden because stupid french people always killed theirselves after using them.

:L

In the UK we had a legal drug called mephedrone (it was used as plant food), but they banned it without any proper evidence. A kid who had been drinking heavily and taking huge amounts of the drug (only complete idiots mix drugs), ended up killing himself. The government panicked and outlawed the substance without any evidence whatsoever, the guy had been drinking enough to kill himself anyway.

I mean, I don't have any desire to take mephedrone, but if it takes years of discussion and hard evidence just to raise taxes on cigarettes, then why should this drug be special? Now many farmers/florists are in trouble because they don't have the right nutrition for their plants.  :D
and in the end it turned out he hadn't even taken any anyway.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10184803

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 11:35:52 am »
It's pathetic, the government takes so long to pass/change laws that matter and gives knee-jerk reactions to things like this.

I personally blame people for listening to media hype: legislation was passed so quickly for swine flu because that was in the papers (in the end it turns out half of children in the Midlands gained immunity to it without showing symptoms, and the fatality rate of ordinary flu is far worse).

Similarly, with mephedrone, because the papers and damned Sky News were obsessed with it, the public started to panic and demand some sort of action.

I don't blame the papers and news because they are only trying to make money, and the only way they can get papers flying off the stands is exaggerating a silly story which people are dumb enough to fall for.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:44:18 am by Epoxi »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 01:40:08 pm »
bleh, it's all messed up :(