Author Topic: Complaints  (Read 274730 times)

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
Re: Complaints
« Reply #930 on: September 12, 2013, 01:00:24 am »
1st time i ever hear that, i don't remember any rule about that

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:42 am »
You should have used your common sense then..

Offline [MAF]Karlis

« Reply #932 on: September 12, 2013, 05:17:05 am »
there are some people that constantly report someone for one bad reason or another, and, as we dont want to spend eternity in /spec either, sooner or later we just ignore them. i can't really tell if you are one of them, but if you report a random noob for being slower than you almost each race, you probably are. if that's not the case, i am sorry.

and obviously killing is even worse than ramming or blocking.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:46 am »
If I don't see the incident occur, then I am likely not to hand out a punishment. If you report someone, I will usually spec them for some time after that, and if they continue their behaviour I will hand out a punishment. This prevents everybody just saying 'omg rammer' and getting people kicked.

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 12, 2013, 06:25:52 am »

i remember you liked to block the finish of sk races with cars to ruin somebodies race, just because the rules didnt state its not allowed. pretty childish tbh, even now you dont know how to be a proper admin and are just smartassing around.

Offline Rob_Zamora

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 12, 2013, 09:33:22 am »

i remember you liked to block the finish of sk races with cars to ruin somebodies race, just because the rules didnt state its not allowed. pretty childish tbh, even now you dont know how to be a proper admin and are just smartassing around.
he's right
Not all rules are written, cause they're just plain common sense

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 12, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »
a player1 killing a player2 in legit way (punching/vehcile kill) is out of sommon sense?
but admin killing player with weapon(not melee) or throwing grenades in lobby between races, killing players right before next race* is't, ya?

for me out of common sense is desert eagle in IV races, coz often it ends race in 20 seconds, but i know it's a game feature and try not to cry over it (but ye it annoys me a bit)

*maybe now it rarly happens but still

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline S

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:21 pm »
getting killed in the lobby or after finishing doesnt affect anyone in the upcoming race (unless a clever admin sets people on fire, which makes their car ignite on the countdown), while getting killed in the start of a sk race for example is very frustrating and will force you to start over and pick the leftover cars. also, deagle is effective in the hand of someone who knows how to use it, and since youre not one of those people you have to whine about it.

Offline MadMax

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 12, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »
i usually just drive in these races
since drivers lost armours, it's really hard and you usually die after 20 seconds of race

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:58 pm »
a player1 killing a player2 in legit way (punching/vehcile kill) is out of sommon sense?

it's not a legitimate way.. we're no dm server right? if you necessarily want to kill people you can ask them to follow you into /dm

Offline nero

« Reply #940 on: September 12, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »
Had an incident like this too, I got killed in a running race, where you jump from roofs in LS, but someone behind me kept punching me all the time, so with the loss of health by jumping and the boxing I finally died and complained afterwards about it, yet (at this time) no admin cared about it. It's nice to see some admins now see it as a rule breaking.

IMO it's a race server and killing should be a no-go unless it's explicitly requested by game mode.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:14 pm »
We need to rewrite the rules.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 12, 2013, 03:31:03 pm »
The main problem with that issue is, first that the spec would happen most likely after the death, and second that there are some guys who'd kind of abuse that, like if they are the ones who start fighting and when somebody fights back they report him. Which is why imo it should first be a main chat warn for people (mainly the reported guy but as a reminder for all) not to fight during a race (unless it's IV of course) and then if we see the player starting again some punishment. It goes a little bit the same as for ram and block... when somebody reports a rammer it's obviously after getting rammed, so we have to see it happen again clearly on purpose (the "on purpose" part is not necessary for fighting as I don't know of any unintentional fighting lol).
As for lobby and ended race I think it should be more tolerated, sometimes maybe just ask/do sth because it can still be annoying, but there's no race being wasted or anything.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 12, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »
Auto-jail for 5 punches? Or taking health from someone else

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 12, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »
That could be nice (apart from certain races where you have to hit fences), then maybe first an automatic warning line in main chat after 3-5 punches, and then auto-freeze or/then auto-jail could be possible and fair? Deactivate after a race is over and in lobby.