Author Topic: Complaints  (Read 285328 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: Complaints
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2012, 04:30:37 pm »
it seems to be ok for guys to make races these days with some bad cps or 10 minute rain races or one world fling races

but those same people complain at old xr races. this community sucks now and half of you are a bunch of hypocrites tbh

Offline [MAF]Aj_Lajk_Bir

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
i remember when falky made very nice derby race but it get deleted also  :'(

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2012, 10:15:43 pm »
only certain admins should have the power to be able to delete races, it's not fair on the players who like them but the deleters don't
one of the reasons i stopped playing was because people keep saying DEL to every race they don't like. it makes players worred i think in the sense their favourite races will get deleted especially when so many people have the power to delete them now

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »
I thought lvl3-ers were the only ones with that power, and as of today there are only a handful of 'em.
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2012, 10:45:05 pm »
true, i think the more people that can delete races the more chance "crazy" races will get deleted and all that will be left are boring races that no one hates but also no one loves. like if 6 admins think a race is "ok" it will stay but 5 think it's fantastic but 1 thinks it's worth deleting then bye bye race. i don't think the situations too bad yet and i do my bit but not touching any race that i can't be objective about (monster races lol) but in the future we should think of a (preferably automated) solution
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:39 pm »
i don't know how many level 3 admins there are now tbh. i don't have any business to keep up with it all. only annoying thing is i hate seeing my favourite races have more chance of being deleted :L :(

don't even know if my races get deleted now either

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »
at least you don't have to be affraid from my side, never deleting added races (no matter how strange they are)

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »
yeah that's true

Offline Mosca

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »
well my point was that there are NOT that 'many' people that can delete races and the few ones that can and do delete the races are supposed to have good reasons for doing so.

edit: but snoopy is right. There should be designated ppl to do that job, not anyone with the power of doing so, just because they can...
I was in the right, yes absolutely in the right. I certainly was in the right... I dunno I was really drunk at the time...

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:43 am »
but in the future we should think of a (preferably automated) solution

roll the dice :L

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:59 am »
well in my point of view if the admin is level 3 it's because he/she/it is capable of making right choises
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »
when you get a load of racers who find a race hard or fail even when nothing is wrong with it and then they keep shouting DEL DEL DEL all the time for the sake of it, level 3 admins are inclined to just delete them without really looking at the bigger picture.

the latest annoying this is people want races deleted based on how many dislikes it has. i think it's horseshit lol. unless that's changed? (not active anymore) if that's the case we'd have no boat or plane races :(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:28:11 pm by snoops »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »
i only did that for my slamvan series race cos i had the impression everyone was a bit tired of the series in general and i didn't really like that particular round. so although the number of dislikes did influence my decision (i wouldn't have deleted if it had had even 1 like) it was more than that that made me delete it.

i think all level 3s know that plane and boat races etc will always have more dislikes and will take that into account and hopefully only delete a race when they have a legit reason not just from the like/dislike ratio.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »
i only did that for my slamvan series race cos i had the impression everyone was a bit tired of the series in general and i didn't really like that particular round. so although the number of dislikes did influence my decision (i wouldn't have deleted if it had had even 1 like) it was more than that that made me delete it.

i think all level 3s know that plane and boat races etc will always have more dislikes and will take that into account and hopefully only delete a race when they have a legit reason not just from the like/dislike ratio.

Offline [MAF]Vertigo

• Admin
  • lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 24, 2012, 02:32:36 pm »
I think I said to mooman on the server, that /likes and /dislikes should be an indicator, but not a final decider as to what happens to a race. Pretty simple.