Author Topic: TT races being moved to /TT?  (Read 23175 times)

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: TT races being moved to /TT?
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2010, 11:34:18 am »
Can these stats that pod is pulling up be added to a new 'stats' tab on the website?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 08:00:30 am »
hm moo i can't find the other topic where i first asked about the highscore page being seperated with /tt records

i don't think it's such a good idea now having all records combined and i wish i never asked lol, because it creates more tt ragers since they know they can get easy records and make themselves higher on the hs page

can you remove them again please? that's one less problem then

what i orginally wanted was a seperate highscore page for /tt records but that's a lot of effort and the current idea isn't very beneficial
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:07:00 am by Xplicit »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:18 am »
25% tt near enough, that's a lot of 'on your own' racing. For the people who have been here awhile, that's normal. But, if new players join to find themselves racing on their own, like billy, it would be a bit of a turn off.

TT races only in /tt sounds good, also would keep the TT records safe (main race tt records would be harder to get that /tt races, that you can easily start again with /tt).

So yeah, I'm all for the idea. Maybe replacing some tt races with duel/normal might spice it up, but that's quiet a lot of work with resetting a new grid location for the other players.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:03 am »
blegh, i dont want my tt races in /tt but in normal racing world.

there are also people who like to race on their own sometimes.. I really find this a problem which isn't a problem but because max says so its a problem now, I never heard anyone else then max complaining about too many TT races..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:56:10 am by [FSR]Ush »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2010, 11:26:15 am »
blegh, i dont want my tt races in /tt but in normal racing world.

then change your tt races to normal world :D

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:26 am »
The problem which never was a problem...

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2010, 11:51:57 am »
it would've became one eventually

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2010, 11:58:25 am »
And why not edit the TT races that could easily fit for a duel or normal world (or sometimes even one world) because racing alone on the LV ringroad is quite boring (idk if there's a TT race like that, but it's just an example, there ARE some TT races that could easily fit for normal world without being too rammy)

25% is quite a lot too, imo 10-15% is more than enough.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2010, 11:59:31 am »
hmm I'm not really convinced yet.. TT races were hot when they came, not all races had rammers and you could go for yourself. I think that if there is a problem, it is there is being too many of them. So if it's possible we could make one world of them. But Í'd like to hear peoples opinion on this.. I'm not really convinced of the problem as noted before.

And as Ouzo says, could we have a little table with all modes + percentage of the mode in our server. If you have 4 modes, 25% percent isn't too much. If you have 8 modes it might be, but it also differs per mode, you don't want 8 modes and then 12,5% of them being ehh.. GTA IV or something.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:01:26 pm by [FSR]Ush »

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:29 pm »
Some modes are just here to add some original races.
imo, and i'm sure many others will agree, the major mode is, and has to stay normal mode. Having over 50% of normal races isn't a problem.
And the modes that add some original races to the server should stay <5% overall (not each), IV+SHC+parkour+stunt, I may forget some.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »
So as I read your post you say we should have a certain percentage of tt races in the main racing world? That's okay for me, but removing them to some other mode (/tt) is not a good idea. Why did Ax become big? Because of having different modes..

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2010, 12:22:38 pm »
ax was big even without lots of modes lol

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »
I dislike this idea  :( I also like racing alone sometimes and if you race in /tt, times are your only rivals.. Not like in normal race mode, where you can compete against other players as well.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2010, 03:26:42 pm »
Not like in normal race mode, where you can compete against other players as well.

that's what sa-mp racing should be about :(

competing against other sa-mp players and not times =/

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2010, 03:42:53 pm »

anything I say is useless in max and andys eyes.. what is it worth posting anymore?
they got an idea and they gonna force it.. nobody wanna compete with them about this.

I'm the first to give up, won't bother anymore about this. I've made my point you can think about that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:44:40 pm by [FSR]Ush »