Author Topic: TT races being moved to /TT?  (Read 23177 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
TT races being moved to /TT?
« on: October 04, 2010, 03:36:45 am »
MadMax said it would be a better idea to move all tt races to /tt.

at first i hated the idea but i thought about it and i think it'd benefit the server more. i often see new players join the server and complain about racing alone and they leave :(

so i'm all for it now.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Re: TT races being moved to /TT?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:38:44 am »
Nah, I don't like that idea, it's nice to race alone in the main race mode sometimes, and there really isn't THAT many TT races.

EDIT: people also leave when they join a race that has 200 checkpoints so people can leave the server for any amount of reasons.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:39:35 am »
it makes sense though to have that extra mode and make the most of it

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:40:58 am »
So you want TT to be removed from the main /race mode and just have it for /tt? I wouldn't like that at all tbh lol.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:41:36 am »
lol it would benefit the server too, players wouldn't leave because of it which i see all the time

yes all TT races moved to /TT.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:42:59 am »
I made an edit to my first post, people would also leave for 200 checkpoint races, for being rammed too much on a one world race. I really don't see many leaving because they're racing alone, maybe it should just be made more clear that they are only racing alone for that one race.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 03:44:39 am »
those 200 cp races are only in xtrack and there's only a couple of them which don't get loaded anymore, and the majority of players like racing with everyone especially me :(

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 03:46:27 am »
I like racing alone, I also HATE GTA IV races, and I can bet that a lot of others don't like that mode either. So lets remove GTA IV while we're at it? :(

But seriously, a lot of people like TT as well I bet, so it'd be annoying if it was exclusive to /tt.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:11 am »
i don't like gta iv mode either...

well tbh, most people rage into /tt anyway so what's the point in keeping it as a normal mode? :(

it would also stop players learning tt races off by heart in /tt then loading tt races to get the almost impossible record

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 03:54:43 am »
GTA IV probably will not be removed and I know that so I'm not trying anymore to get it removed, just trying to say that if any mode was removed from the main racing mode, a lot of people would miss it. There aren't that many TT races anyway. If you think there are too many of them, delete a few, or possibly one of the coders can make an algorithm so that TT races will not come up consecutively, so if a TT race comes up, make it so that the vote menu after that race doesn't have any TT races. It could go for any mode maybe? Just to so other modes could get more exposure. Just an idea.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 03:58:54 am »
There aren't that many TT races anyway.

100+ and for some reason i see them on the vote list more than i see one world races and normal races :S

TT races are boring, it's fun racing with everyone just like how it used to be =/

is it because tt races make it easier to set records? if so then bleh :|

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 04:02:53 am »
Everyone likes to get records, and that's part of why I like it so no1 can ruin my chances of getting a record except me. You can make an admin rule about the abuse of /tt and /track loading, I do think that's a legitimate concern, but I don't want to see /tt being totally removed from /race mode.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 04:07:03 am »
bleh, people care about setting records too much instead of trying to benefit the server, it's only numbers lol

so i really hate seeing new players join and get pissy because they can't race with everyone else, what's fun about racing alone though?

you can always go into /tt and set records on your favourite tt races, that won't change.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:09:40 am by mehlol »

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:45 am »
I hate a lot of stuff as well, joining when a super long race is on. Joining a GTA IV race only to get all of my passengers bail on me and spawn their own car, or getting an afk person as the driver, it sucks but bleh, it happens :/ there's loads of stuff that would cause new players to leave the server

I don't care that much about records, but it's nice knowing that TT races exist so that I can at least have a 100% chance of getting a record if I try. But you're leading the highscore list atm so you must care a bit :L

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 04:14:25 am »
imo keep the TT races that aren't boring and really deserve being TT:
-tricky races
-not too long (< 3 mins, or even 2)
Somme TT races are boring, long, and could even be normal, one world without having too much ramming.