Author Topic: Elimination Mode  (Read 7135 times)

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Elimination Mode
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:12:06 pm »
This was suggested before but wasn't implemented because we didn't know what to do with eliminated players, it would suck forcing them to /TV or something so here's my suggestion.

Make it so that when a player gets eliminated, set the player's world to another world, lets say the elimination world. This world is pretty much the same, you're allowed to continue the race as normal but you've been eliminated. Use a textdraw to tell the player the position they came in. This will help with newb players not knowing what is going on, and they won't leave because they haven't been forced to quit the race, they can just continue the race as normal. So yeah, would that work?

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Elimination Mode
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:51 pm »
I know...:
This was suggested before but wasn't implemented because we didn't know what to do with eliminated players, it would suck forcing them to /TV or something so here's my suggestion.

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:56:48 pm »
Elimination mode in which players are put into separate world and continue racing... Correct me if I'm wrong but wtf lol. Knockout means you're out of racing!

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 04:01:02 pm »
Ye don't get it do ye? If ppl were forced to stop their race, they would LEAVE, this is a good comprimise, the player is still eliminated but he can still keep racing!!!!!

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »
For my opinion I'd rather be send to TV  ;)

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:15:30 pm »
That would honestly suck, imagine if 30 ppl were on the server, and you got knocked out first, it would be very annoying.

Offline Krissi

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 04:21:03 pm »
Its an awesome suggestion and thats so annyoing in a lap race then people spawn at start
For my opinion I'd rather be send to TV  ;)

Same mind
I5 4670k @ 3,4| GA-Z87X-D3H| 8Gb DDR3 | Asus Gtx 770 |1TB HDD |64 GB Crucial M4| CM 720W| CM 690

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »
You have to think of the newbs, not what would make the most sense, enough people already leave when GTA IV races come on.

Offline Krissi

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 05:39:44 pm »
true true
I5 4670k @ 3,4| GA-Z87X-D3H| 8Gb DDR3 | Asus Gtx 770 |1TB HDD |64 GB Crucial M4| CM 720W| CM 690

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 06:35:28 pm »
i think if someone gets eliminated they should get killed, have ELIMINATED in big letters come up on the screen and it should kick them from the server. now that's proper elimination. i'm all for helping noobs but i don't think it'd feel very elimination-y if you could just carry on racing.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 06:43:07 pm »
Blah. But like, you're put into a different world, A "loser" world if you wanna call it that, and people who aren't eliminated remain in the "winner" world. To people who are winning, it will actually feel like people are getting eliminated, who cares if there are still people racing in the other world, if you get eliminated, you can quit if you want to, but I think it would be annoying if the server forced you into /tv. The server shouldn't recognise their position either after you get eliminated, obviously. When u get eliminated, just make it so the losers have to compete in their own world. It's the only way I see an elimination mode happening really, and I'd like to have it. It isn't really elimination-y I agree, but what else can you really do about it? I can just imagine a lot of people quitting if they get eliminated
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:18:14 pm by [MAF]PyroFox »

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 01:40:54 am »
i think if someone gets eliminated they should get killed, have ELIMINATED in big letters come up on the screen and it should kick them from the server. now that's proper elimination. i'm all for helping noobs but i don't think it'd feel very elimination-y if you could just carry on racing.

Good idea but how about a ban instead?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:18:34 am by [SC]Hellmuth »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 01:50:06 am »
range ban them

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 04:35:57 am »
if we deleted iv, superhardcore, hardcore and freeze races we'd probably keep more players but i'd really rather not go down that road since i (and (hopefully) many other players) find those modes very fun and i'd rather have them than keep a few noobs online. plus when you die in css you have to spec for the rest of the round and i still see full servers in that.
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!