Author Topic: Suggestions (archive)  (Read 382915 times)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 09:46:10 am »
yeah i know oh forget it cba to explain myself

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 12:22:48 pm »
Nice idea's  :D

It's nearly complete just need to find out how to save a HEX color. Unless I can find a converter than can turn an Integra into a Hex color. It is always better to save it to account?
I dunno how to save the Hex though. Gonna ask around, maybe Andre knows.

Car colors is already in script, will finish it off and add it to Racer Menu.

Weapon scanning would be easy, but a few people have admitted they give people guns, so it wouldn't be fair if they get banned because they were given weapons.

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 02:11:26 pm »
I don't know sorry lol I will try and find out though

will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:16 pm »
I do know imo the best way is saving the hex code(s) in the account, then just calling it in a function on login ::)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »
That's logic yes, but how do you do GetPlayerColor(playeird); and save to account? If I save it as a string, it saves nothing, if I save it as a Integra is saves it as -177882 for example.
There must be a Integra to Hex converted  :'(

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 04:20:26 pm »
the best way i can think off is to go around it

make a variable for each player, make a menu asking for what color the racer wants (eg: blue, green, red, etc.) then script the menu so for each selection is the appropriate hex code which will be stored in the variable earlier mentioned, then make a menu option to save the color to account... using the stored value as the variable to save.... (then the rest u know already)

so if u understood what i just said (i hope, i aint sure if i explained it correctly lol) u wouldnt have to use getplayercolor bullcrap, just some variables and menu(s) 8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:26:34 pm by R3t4Rd »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:37 pm »
Just like the clan select I guess.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 12:46:12 am »
Just like the clan select I guess.
yep 8)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 05:16:15 am »
Important
Ok, I was at work slaving away and thought of a great way to stop carjacking. This will also help it when people get in cars at grid, but infact the vehicles are in use, but just appear at the start. Propbaly due to the virtual worlds.
From now on, all car jackers will be killed.

Please give feedback if you have any problems.

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 01:44:48 am »
Jailing them is better.. it will keep them away a bit more and is clearly a punishment, where a kill will confuse them. That could be a bug.

One hard to make but nice feature would be a time notification between you and the player in front of you per checkpoint.
I haven't thought much about coding this but I guess you could have an array per checkpoint. When a player hits the checkpoint a timestamp will be put in the array right after it's subtracted from the last entered value.

Some other suggestions:
- ID in /reports
- auto '/view off' before changing track
- auto-ban when a kill occurs with illegal weapons, except for DMX and when the player has received from /givegun (untill they log off).
- auto restart server when it's empty, check every 10 minutes (for example).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 01:50:19 am by Adj »

Offline Sweet_49

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:46 am »
I have a suggestion for the buildmode. When someone create a track we can't use it in the race mod.
I have an ideas it create a test mode with the all new tracks just be created in buildmode and at the end of the track a vote if the player like or dislike the track and the tracks with the best votes can be play in race mod and the other will be deleted 8)

P.S: Sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:18:47 am by Sweet_49 »

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 05:50:22 am »
Jailing them is better.. it will keep them away a bit more and is clearly a punishment, where a kill will confuse them. That could be a bug.

One hard to make but nice feature would be a time notification between you and the player in front of you per checkpoint.
I haven't thought much about coding this but I guess you could have an array per checkpoint. When a player hits the checkpoint a timestamp will be put in the array right after it's subtracted from the last entered value.
i was able to script somethin' like this once.... but then my script lagged like hell ::)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 07:14:03 am »
Jaling them does sound a good idea. They will hopefully see it as a punishment.
Car infront lead is such a cool feature, Andre and me have always want this in AdrenalineX but I've never really found a possible way of doing it.
ID in reports, possible. But it's SeifAdmin, I bloddy hate that filterscript. lol I will look into it.
Some hacks are fake kills, we can't auto-ban people for that reason. We just gotta keep a good admin system to monitor things. I will look into it though.
Auto-Restart sounds good, I wonder why it crashed? It does that when a false VehicleID is spawned. I will check server log.

Buildmode voting for new races? No. Too many races are bugged, people would be voting for (maybe) bugged races.

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 12:45:58 am »
/spec ain't as good as /view was.
Most irritating is that the camera resets every few seconds. This makes it harder to notice a speedhack since speedhacks look like lags now.

Besides that something small.. it does work over different worlds but it enters the world everytime you do /spec instead of only when the spec'ed is in a different world. Try this with doing /spec on the same person a few times.. in /view you wouldn't even notice.

Where's SeifAdmin anyway? We're lacking quite some functionality now.

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 04:38:58 am »
Try this with doing /spec on the same person a few times
Why do that, if you already spectating the person?

I guess the 3 second update does effect the camera, will fix that by adding a check to see if there is any change with the player being spectated.

We decided to remove the admin script, one login makes things easier.

What commands do we need?