Author Topic: Suggestions (archive)  (Read 383155 times)

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #945 on: February 18, 2010, 05:38:57 am »
No. It shouldn't be like that.

Ok Mr dictator Sir :L

Offline some_punk

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:29 am »
create the cmd /explode ID

to explode car, for cheaters

I see abuse on the way

/cj is there.... -.-

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2010, 11:24:09 pm »
Here are a few suggestions:

1. It would be nice if after exiting /spec, it returned you to where you were and also kept your race progress so you can continue the race

2. A seperate command for the admin vehicles and weapons dialoggs so we can use it faster, sometimes I pick the wrong category of vehicle and have to type /cx > admin> vehicle again. (something like /avehicles and /aweapons)

3. Auto ban for certain races like Doubleyou, anything under 12 seconds, autoban. I've wanted this for months :L

Offline ﱡ קּﻰﺢ Love

• Admin
  • Elements of life: Air, Water, Oil, Fuel
    • View Profile
    • LSR Forum
« Reply #948 on: February 21, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »
I wouldnt like to keep racing after a spec but its a different case when it comes to 100+ cp endurance races. :)

I like the suggestions. +1 Its a pain to find the vehicle you want sometimes.
Sign-A-True

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 21, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »
I wouldnt like to keep racing after a spec but its a different case when it comes to 100+ cp endurance races. :)

I think this is where admins start to "abuse" their rights and just fuck a little around because they got bored..

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2010, 12:02:46 am »
Sometimes, all it requires for you to tell if someone is cheating or not is to spec them for a couple of seconds, a lot of the time, I'm in the middle of the race, and when I come back, i'd like to be where I was instead of at the start.

Another idea for /tt races: How about a highscores page for the TT races as well? and a leaderboard, just like the way the main races are. Would be cool and might give some people more reason to use /tt a bit more.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:16:25 am by PyroFox »

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2010, 10:34:51 am »
Fixing CP's would be cool Jake. Would definitely prevent time wasted because of one poorly placed CP. pod is the /edit guy :D

Wow Pyro, what a burst of useful suggestions, niceone.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 23, 2010, 06:26:12 pm »
Team Races:

Like a normal or one world race where the game puts racers into two teams based on their grid position: Reds are odd numbers, Blue are evens.

It would be good if it could change the racer names the appropriate colours or even set the Ballas as one team and Grove as another for the player skins.

The the race goes ahead as normal but the points for each final position in the race goes into the group tally, and the team with the highest tally that race wins.

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 23, 2010, 07:17:00 pm »
How about personalized number plates? I saw on other servers that a short message on it could be written, like, say, LOLNUB. Or if it cant be personalized for each person, how about a unique AX server number plate.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:22:27 pm by RichardHamster »
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 23, 2010, 07:22:31 pm »
SIMON: When I saw you talking about this on the server I didn't quite understand what you meant, but I figured it out now :D! I gotta say it's an awesome suggestion, only problem could be like with GTA IV races, you could be put with a load of noob. Plus it can be annoying when they leave etc, reducing the total point.

RICHARDHAMSTER: It can be personalized, and it's great. Problem is that we used to have it not too long ago, but R took it out after the first week due to bugs. Although if R can fix them, it would own.

Anyway my suggestion. R liked this idea, so I'm gonna post it :). A vehicle DM. When the command is typed you have to choose a vehicle, then you can't leave/fix it. A choice of maybe Seasparrow, Hydra, Hunter, Rustler or Rhino (maybe not Rhino because of its invincibility), since these are the only cars I can think of that shoot. I have to say that when me and [2F2F]Patrx in /stunt flying around in hydras shooting each other and dodging missiles, it was great.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 23, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »
SIMON: When I saw you talking about this on the server I didn't quite understand what you meant, but I figured it out now :D! I gotta say it's an awesome suggestion, only problem could be like with GTA IV races, you could be put with a load of noob. Plus it can be annoying when they leave etc, reducing the total point.
If the final score worked out on the average of all the teams racers by the end it would still be reasonably fair. And you wouldn't be in with noobs, as it would do it on every other race down the grid, so all in left column (evens at a guess) would be on one team and all the ones in the right colum (odds) would be in the other. It would be totally fair.

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 23, 2010, 07:35:42 pm »
Wow, nice soloutions. This should work fine then :D! Like my suggestion Simon?

Offline Jake

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 26, 2010, 12:43:05 pm »
how about race winner's vote to be equal 2 votes lol

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 26, 2010, 01:11:30 pm »
Update
Mode Select
New way to enter each mode, very easy for all of us to understand. Trying to improve pickups, racing and stuntmode are a bit confusing by pickup, but the text is easy to read.
Explode Vehicle
Could create madness (passengers, close cars could also explode), for that reason I won't code it.
Spec Reset To Old Position
Have started to code it, but not fully working yet. Need to reset it just in case the race changes and it resets you to previous race. I like this idea, should be online soon.
Quicker Vehicle and Weapons
Really easy to code, will be online soon.
Auto Ban
Added auto ban to DoubleYou race, might be able to have it as a buildmode setting soon. Just worried about the minimum time. Future updates planned.
Vehicle DM
Definitely want to try this, quite a bit of coding to make it safe and fair. Should be online within the week.
Number Plates
Bugged feature of SA-MP 0.3. Impossible to code.
Team Races
Fun suggestion, will do this soon.
Race Winner
I think this would only be good if the votes were tied. Like DoubleYou gets 4 votes, MSR gets 4 votes, the winners vote (if in the doublyou or msr vote) would declare the winning vote. Atm the winning vote (if more than 1) is random, not a good system IMO.

Cheers all for your suggestions. Soon as I've added the above, I'll let you know.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 26, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »
Woo r! :D

Regarding the set autoban time feature, it'd be cool if a level 3 could set the minimum time of any current race so it would autoban, and we'd set them on all of the drag races on the server. We'd have to be careful with this and not use it too much though just in case, but I can see it being a very handy feature.