Author Topic: Suggestions (archive)  (Read 382960 times)

Offline TB_Kolbasz

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 06:49:52 pm »
its ok but i think 2000-3000pts+ players who have enough 1-5th places deserve a separated mode.. they have taken their time with rammers to earn their points, so i think its good. 8 players /world.. who can guarantee that a normal racer (for example 2400 pts and 30%+ of all races in top5) cannot be rammed by a stupid rammer/beginner player? 2000-3000pts+ rammers can easily ban from this "semi-pro" mode, dont you think?

anyway, thx for your post!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:04:05 pm by TB_Kolbasz »

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »
Some new players are quite good, for exapmle because they've played sa-mp elsewhere alot. It would be unfair to exclude these players from your suggested world. This could be solved by admins placing them, but they would have to spec them first, and many people will then claim to be good and request to be specced. Besides there will still be ramming in your world and this ramming will not be taken lightly by the other racers in the world so admins will be bothered more to also spec racers in the normal world to remove them from it. This is getting close towards a fulltime jury judging in wich world a player has got to race, including many argues who does and does not deserve it.
This is also happening a little bit with the pro-world. The big difference is that "professional racing" is easier to seperate from the rest than "normal racing" from below normal without having a fulltime job arguing and seperating.

Some other suggestion, also related to worlds:

It'd be cool to include a list of players in a world in the worldcommand.

For example:

/dmx would explain the dmx command and list the players in the world.
/lagx would explain the command and list the players just like /laggers

This is easy to remember and some worlds haven't got a command to see the players yet.

I'd also like a command to list players in the 'regular' world. It could be /regular for example.

Offline TB_Kolbasz

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 08:48:16 pm »
but you forget that fact, that till now these semi-pro racers (with 0pts) rammed by beginner/rammer players so many times.. i mean, i think i'm better than a lot of people in the server, even so i was rammed all the time... it wouln't be rightful if a semi-pro with 0 pts can race in the semi pro mode, just coz an admin thinks he is semi-pro.. me and so many "middleskilled" racer were/are suffering coz' of the rammers, so, if he/she (who is semi-pro) indeed semi-pro, he/she can easily do 1000-2000-3000 (etc) pts to have rights to enter this "semi-pro" mode, don't you think? and if someone have extraordinary skills, he/she can be put to pro mode by an admin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 08:50:30 pm by TB_Kolbasz »

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 01:12:53 am »
Points and skill are not the same, that's where we lose eachother.

I do think it's a decent idea, but it shouldn't be explained as "middleskilled" or "semi-pro" or anything like that because then a skilled with 0pts should be racing there too.

A racer with many points but a lack in skill for pro-racing is probably racing quite alot. I'd say it'll be a world for common racers with simply a minimum amount of points so admins are not bothered with it's access (although it should be possible to remove players from there if they really suck at racing and pro-racers/admins no matter the points should have access as well).

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:23 am »
semi-noob :L
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline DaveID

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 07:18:06 am »
Points say nothing about skills. If there are only 2 ppl on server, also an ape can do 1k points easily xD. As for me, we should rank the players from the leaderboard. An example: every players in top 100 can join the semi-pro world. If they can do records on tracks, they have the skills what they need to join semi-pro! This is much clearer, and this can motivate players to improve their skills, cuz if better players beat their records, they have to make some new :-)

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 07:58:53 am »
or just go back to classic adrenalinex and all race together :D ;D

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 08:42:19 am »
or just go back to classic adrenalinex and all race together :D ;D
yes, a few pros in the server (including me) prefer it to race better with lots of ppl.... as u can see when i was still playing samp, i only enter server with 25+ players online cuz its very fun (for me) to race with lots of ppl, and it gets boring when it becomes 10 or so.

i know some old pros here would still want the classic adrenalinex :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:47:13 am by R3t4Rd »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2008, 10:07:38 am »
classic adrenalineX owns, but i apreciate everything R has done so i wont complain :D

Offline Clutch-H

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2008, 10:35:12 am »
I'm to lazy to read the details but with overcrowded situation I would to the following:

make players be auto-sent to worlds ( without messages and notifications if possible ) using their points to split em up for an example.

1. world 0-100 points

2. world 100-300 points

3. world 300-600 point

and so on... maybe even less disstance from limits like 0-500 500-1000 dunno

Offline DaveID

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2008, 11:24:21 am »
I would be also glad, if worlds/vr/flip/nc would go away from the mod...  ;D With auto joining I think we would take away freedom from players, cuz for example usually I also like to play in normal world, instead of pro. The normal world is also well, if there's a system, which takes you to the front of grid, if you're fast and win races.

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2008, 12:23:12 pm »
A few more suggestions.
- Save the world when a admin uses /spec and restore it when he stops speccing.

- Build in a command to restart the server. The menu works fine but it's slow and with a command I could /login and /restart before I crash when the server is down (login in works since you can see points in the userlist at samp when you've logged on)

Offline [2F2F]Steven8

• Admin
  • Learn to see me as a brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2008, 08:41:48 am »
Today i wanted to try sth. I went to buildmode and go to place where is dmX. I've took a sniper from there and exited buildmode, and when next race began I also had it, there's no option to do sth with those weapons ?

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2008, 02:49:59 pm »
Yeah they are a problem.. There's also a race passing those weapons and some people stop to pick up and use them. The one I caught was very sorry so I didn't punish him besides the disarm. The danger is that it's such a small and not even very guilty move to pick it up. But when I as a admin do pweapons and discover weapons, I ban.

Can picking up a weapon trigger a function?
That'd make it easy to disarm everyone picking up a weapon when not in deathmatch.

Offline [2F2F]Steven8

• Admin
  • Learn to see me as a brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2008, 05:03:54 pm »
Somewhere was a dmx in place near airport in SF, this village/camping, it was good place  ;D