Author Topic: Suggestions (archive)  (Read 382772 times)

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »
CREDITS:
Thinker: Jalicno
Scripter: R3t4Rd
No Penis: mooman

happy? :-*
Yes god bless you  ;D ;D

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 05:55:53 pm »
Damn Retard why you don't tell this guys i helped you with that  ;D

CREDITS:
Thinker: Jalicno
Scripter: R3t4Rd
No Penis: mooman

happy? :-*
:S wtf lol
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008, 02:36:17 pm »
I suggest people login, we are gonna delete all accounts in two weeks.

If you login within the next 2 weeks, I wouldn't worry. It will backup your account everytime you leave.
Two reasons :
  • Created accounts is huge.
  • For example, if Joe connects, he can't spawn. Because a different Joe registered 6 months ago.

/changeAccount [oldname] [oldpass]
I really would like to be able to do this. It would save the hassle of renaming people's account if the player decided to leave/join a clan.
Would need to do some testing to make sure I don't damage people's account. (Nice advice from FireFox, oOoOo that reminds me, his account needs changing).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:40:24 pm by Rac3r »

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2008, 12:16:03 am »
:O
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 12:30:01 am »
It's dangerous.. it's important to know who people are, without them changing their name every now and then. A little example: If paxtyr and crazyflo would change their name all the time, they'd be some random ramming but quick racing players who complain about everything an admin does, but when they log off they don't ever come back, there'll just be some 'new' irritating players in our eyes while in fact they are the same. Besides if someone fucks up with his password, he now got time to change it before people are logged off/back on to hack the account. With this command it's even more dangerous if you get your password in the chatbox. I'd suggest you make such command admin-only, so admins (maybe even just highlevel admins) can change the names of users who request this.

Another suggestion.

Save a 6th (maybe even 7th) highscore but don't make this visual. It works just like the other 5 highscore positions except that this one is not shown as 'New highscore(6) blabla' and neither displayed in /top5. The purpose of this is to prevent the 5th highscore position from being empty when a cheat-record is being deleted.

Empty record spots take a while before they're at the same level of the other highscores and in the mean time the highscore is set many times, while before the cheatdelete the time has probably been raced many times. This will make sure it's still special to see the yellow text saying there is a new highscore.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 01:13:02 am »
Save a 6th (maybe even 7th) highscore but don't make this visual. It works just like the other 5 highscore positions except that this one is not shown as 'New highscore(6) blabla' and neither displayed in /top5. The purpose of this is to prevent the 5th highscore position from being empty when a cheat-record is being deleted.

thats already hard coded with every racing script switch has made: hazard, adrenaline (so adrenalinex has it).... it saves every record but it only displays the top5 ingame, i remember i used to have a cheater in my old server, took every record... i deleted it one by one and the one who is suppose to be in top5 appears :-*

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 03:44:34 am »
It's dangerous.. it's important to know who people are, without them changing their name every now and then.
Good point Adj, I see exactly why we shouldn't have this command.

:O
Deleting accounts? Two weeks people have to login. Check the FTP, a nice switch over is already happening with the UKAdrenalineX Accounts folder.

Save a 6th (maybe even 7th) highscore but don't make this visual.
thats already hard coded with every racing script switch has made
Actually, it isn't, I've checked a few records files and most have 5 saved times, while some have 6. Also the /cheatDelete command would need editing too.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 04:49:37 am »
errr..... its 'half' coded... happy? :-*

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:34 am »
Heh, I'm always happy.
I think it's bugged, that's why the 6th time is saved.

Offline [LSR]Jalicno

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:35 pm »
check this iron

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 10:15:56 pm »
omg lol, I didn't know that you could turn it on! Thanks Jali for the info, I think it should be turned on by default though shouldn't it?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2008, 11:30:30 pm »
just do /alternate

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2008, 06:25:40 am »
Not possible Ironman, probably do it with a timer updating the actual testdraw position, but it would look shit.

Reboot - Destroying 700 Vehicles
Code: [Select]
if(gStats[gPowerDown]==2)  << stage 2, it's already asked to teleport players on foot to jail.
{
for(new i;i<MAX_PLAYERSX;i++)
{
SetPlayerInterior(i, 3);
SetPlayerPos(i,198.1349,162.0804,1003.0300);
SetPlayerVirtualWorld(i,160);
if(IsPlayerInAnyVehicle(i))Kick(i);  << after teleporting twice, why the fuck is he in a vehicle.
}
for(new i;i<MAX_VEHICLES;i++)
{
DestroyVehicle(i);
}
}
When server reboots, it checks if player is in vehicle, you know the jail security, 9/10 not 1 timeout, but once R3 was released, loads of timeouts were happening.

You know sa-mp, you should never go out of game, because it fucks things up. We have /afk, that would help.

If you go out of game and remain racing, the script teleports you, gives you cars, auto-afk's you.

Suggestion
mooman, improve the pawn code, it looks a bit small.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:33:32 am by Rac3r »

Offline TB_Kolbasz

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »
Hey!

I have had a conversation with Jalicno about my idea: coz the rammers, i think the normal racers need a new mode. who is a normal racer? i think a normal racer has at least 1000pts-2000pts, and is 30% of his/her all races in the top 5. (#1+#2+#3+#4+#5 vs. out of top5 stats). Jalicno told me, its a good idea. i think it too, a lot of rammer screw the races of some normal palyer up, and it's not okay!
there is one more thing: the recommended stats or pts are just examples! feel free to post a comment with your opinion!

I hope it will be agreed!

thx anyway

this post is because rac3r asked it  ;)

Offline Adj

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2008, 06:44:20 pm »
I agree that the regular world can be too overcrowded. With over 15 beginning racers on the grid it's always a mess. Another world controlled by scores could work, but I don't like the fact that it would exclude some good racers since they haven't got the points. Points do not say much about a players quality. Results (1th-5th) say more, but still not enough. If someone is racing at times when good racers are on he might not have his deserved access to this 'normal racers' world since his racing results aren't good enough while a stupid rammer that plays at our nights when there's only 5 people on would. Neither can people be put in by admins since it's probably too much.

Something like this idea which sounds really cool to me is somekind of automatic worldseperation where you will not race with more than the defined maximum racers. The amount of worlds would depend on the amount of players in the 'regular' world. For example, 1 world per 8 players. After every race the results define which players promote and demote to a different world. The best racers will be in the best world, but can get unlucky at a race and demote to a lower world. Someone new with good skills can easily get into the best world by winning.

If people like this idea I could think it out a bit more, including how this could be stored into variables so Rac3r can decide it's scriptable and worth it or not.