Author Topic: Suggestions (archive)  (Read 383006 times)

Offline Peeps-101

• Admin
  • Anywhere killin' shit!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1290 on: July 12, 2010, 07:26:45 am »
Can we have a server message which would inform players on the server about upcoming 2nd Tourney. Something like this?

[Server]Hurry up and sing up for our 2nd Tourney! For application, go to AdrenalineX.co.uk

They must sing very well in order to qualify  ;D

well yeah, promoting the tourney wud be good

Offline [2F2F]SNiKeRiS

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • 2F2F website
« Reply #1291 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:07 am »
Edited  ;D

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 14, 2010, 11:49:35 pm »
To anyone who has played DiRT 2, ever see those firework displays at certain parts of the track and at the finish? And they go off when you pass through them? Well, my suggestion is to implement something like that in sa-mp. Just an idea, not sure if it'd work well but I thought I'd mention it. And if they were implemented, only have them for the finish.

Go to 0:40, 1:10 and 3:05 for an example of what I mean
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW05DzgRfTI[/youtube]

And here's a sa-mp fireworks script

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2zhO7_H9pk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:52:29 pm by Muffles :D »

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 14, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »
that would own

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 15, 2010, 09:41:13 am »
It's been awhile since I read this topic. I thought the suggestions had dried up, I was wrong :P

@ Love: I did try a lane start for an AK race I made, but if the player ahead of you is laggy, you can't avoid him because you are stuck behind him, at least without grid objects there is a chance you can avoid him.
  • If people make the first CP huge, I don't think there would be a problem. 30 players trying to hit a default cp size of 15, there will be chaos.
    Set grid postions, then just before you set a race checkpoint type /cpsize, make it 30. Once the cp is placed type /cpsize and select 15. That would benefit the start of the race a hell of a lot.

Random TT option would be nice.

Can we have a server message which would inform players on the server about upcoming 2nd Tourney. Something like this?

[Server]Hurry up and sign up for our 2nd Tourney! For application, go to AdrenalineX.co.uk
@ Snik: Done.

@ Chris: Nice idea

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 15, 2010, 12:19:36 pm »
My suggestion is to do with this thread.

Can't we create a child board like the Bug Reports for suggestions?

Each suggestion can then get it's own thread and you can comment on each like you have with the bug reports? Once it is implemented you can edit the subject line and lock the thread.

Imo, it would make the whole process WAY easier than having them all in this one monster thread?

Offline b00tsyou

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 15, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »

Each suggestion can then get it's own thread and you can comment on each like you have with the bug reports? Once it is implemented you can edit the subject line and lock the thread.

Imo, it would make the whole process WAY easier than having them all in this one monster thread?

i hate to say that but simon is right ;P

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 15, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »

anything is better than a thread over 80 pages long, ive sat and read until page 30 and took me half an afternoon, sounds good si  :)
HELLO THERE

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #1298 on: July 16, 2010, 07:48:56 pm »
Hey! You know how the unban requests got locked to non-admins a while back to stop people faking accounts? Well IMO it should just let people who's accounts were made before the thread was, still stops people making fakes. It's cuz there's a few times when I've been reading through, and my views can't be heared, and I'm sure it's the same for some other non-admins. Especially with Dabar's new topic, these admins fighting amongst themselves, its wrong, and I can't post my opinion. When cheaters have made unban requests, in some of them somebody without admin permissions has probably wanted to post their view, maybe if they saw the person clearly hacking, but found out that they can't because of the restrictions, then the hacker gets unbanned. A few times I've PM'd other admins about my view, but it would be easier to be able to post it yourself. Doing this will probably reduce the amount of hackers getting unbanned etc.

The only problem I can see with it is if somebody thinks ahead and makes the fakes, then the tread, although IP checking would easily sort that out.

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 19, 2010, 11:40:56 am »
1. Make it so that youre autobanned if you go, say, half of the record time through a race. Would stop cheaters doing 30 second races in 2 minutes.
2. Could we make it that a certain race mode gets activated after a certain checkpoint? Like an ambulance race, you drive through the checkpoints, then after a certain checkpoint youre set into superhardcore mode, like youve picked up someone hurt and have to drive carefully.
3. Ive suggested this before, Le Mans type of race start. That you start on foot, you have to run to the car to get it and drive off.
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

falco355

« Reply #1300 on: July 19, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »
3. Ive suggested this before, Le Mans type of race start. That you start on foot, you have to run to the car to get it and drive off.

Possible for SK Race with countdown very short

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 19, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »
I like number 2.

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 19, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »

Possible for SK Race with countdown very short
Well, it should be an option to make the countdown 0.
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 19, 2010, 01:25:37 pm »
^ I like that too.

falco355

« Reply #1304 on: July 19, 2010, 01:45:51 pm »
same