Author Topic: SA-MP 0.3b is out  (Read 15643 times)

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
Re: SA-MP 0.3b RC
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:07 am »
I didn't see this post lol

Quote from: Rac3r
The new and improved SA-MP has been released as a test candidate, we won't be upgrading the main server just yet. I've download and hosted on LAN. It works fine with our gamemode.

Read more :
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=167003

Phobos will be happy, client scores are now displayed in client :P
Apart from that though, I can't see any really benefits just yet. Time will tell.

EDIT: mooman might be happy, HTTP(index, type, url[], data[], callback[]);

EDIT2: SetPlayerHoldingObject might be fun, it seems more advanced than the old AttachObjectToPlayer function.

EDIT2: Before we could set vehicle speed (speed boost), now we have the ability to rotate the vehicle with GetVehicleRotationQuat
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVVU2PM7Iyo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:44 am »
woo http :D that'll be nice
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:23 am »
d3d9.dll IS BLOCKED!

I know nothing about how hacks work. Can someone give me a brief lowdown? From Karlip's post i am guessing it is all to do with the dll's that previous version of SAMP (or GTA?) use?

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 01:24:54 pm »
finally someone said it best!

Quote from: Brian.;787181
I'm probably the millionth person to bitch about the d3d9 block, but it'll eventually do far more harm than good considering that <that hack tool> is actively developed and there are other ways to patch into the game. The other, legitimate mods which use d3d9 (ENBSeries, autoswap), however, aren't. Yes, the usual argument is "play the game the way it was intended", but come on, people. I'm a veteran modder who won't take more than a second to tell you that modding is one of the key reasons people aren't flooding to GTA IV (and kept San Andreas afloat well past its use-by date). SA:MP itself is a mod.

At least unblock timecyc.dat and vehicle.txd, I can't remember the last time a hacker ever exploited those files (yes, let's hack with vehicle textures guys!) Pretty sure there are other ways to bring <that hack tool> to its knees directly, rather than doing the one-size-fits-all thing and blocking the single file which can be worked around.

block surface.dat and unblock vehicle.txd >:(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:26:27 pm by Snoopy »

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:24 pm »
Lookin good  ;)

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:58 pm »
It's not so much that vehicle.txd is blocked, it's more that they load their own to make the vehicles clean (which I like). Though I would prefer if you could have clean AND dirty vehicles at the same time.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »
well it is blocked from being modded then if you can't use it on sa-mp...

and i managed to find a small hack that lets me mod it, but if d3d9 is blocked then i can say goodbye to it =/

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 02:41:03 pm »
GAYYYYYS!!!!!

BRING THE DIRT ON CARS BACK!!!!!!!
please

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 04:28:17 pm »
Try to post this on SAMP forum  :P

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 05:33:14 pm »
Quote from: Brian.;787181
I'm probably the millionth person to bitch about the d3d9 block, but it'll eventually do far more harm than good considering that <that hack tool> is actively developed and there are other ways to patch into the game. The other, legitimate mods which use d3d9 (ENBSeries, autoswap), however, aren't. Yes, the usual argument is "play the game the way it was intended", but come on, people. I'm a veteran modder who won't take more than a second to tell you that modding is one of the key reasons people aren't flooding to GTA IV (and kept San Andreas afloat well past its use-by date). SA:MP itself is a mod.

At least unblock timecyc.dat and vehicle.txd, I can't remember the last time a hacker ever exploited those files (yes, let's hack with vehicle textures guys!) Pretty sure there are other ways to bring <that hack tool> to its knees directly, rather than doing the one-size-fits-all thing and blocking the single file which can be worked around.

Er, the main reason why they arent flooding to IV is cause 1) Not everyone has a good enough of a PC 2) The multiplayer SA has is much better than the one for IV that Rockstar made. (Theres already IVMP in the making).
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

Offline [MAF]Epoxi

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »
Yeah, most people play SA:MP because they have wristwatch-grade computers and can't play any other decent games.

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 07:02:46 pm »
yeh it's not about wheather or not they like gta sa it's, about not having fast computers to play other games (rolleyes)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 07:08:13 pm »
i only play SAMP and toca race driver 3 at the moment, awful pc as you may know, i dont think ide play any other game other than burnout paradise cuz i enjoy them. although my cpu is dieing  :(
HELLO THERE

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »
i only play SAMP and toca race driver 3 at the moment, awful pc as you may know, i dont think sata play any other game other than burnout paradise cuz i enjoy them. although my cpu is dfirefoxing :(
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline MadMax

• Lazyass, still hanging around AX from time to time
  • Admin
  • I'm the road warrior...
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: MadMax[MAF]
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 10:56:28 pm »
hahah EI < FireFox lol :L

PLEASE, IGNORE ALL MY SPELLING MISTAKES AND OTHER TYPOS True racing fans enjoy horsepower in ANY form