Author Topic: The /stunt bug encyclopedia [WIP]  (Read 4493 times)

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
The /stunt bug encyclopedia [WIP]
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:07:21 am »
Here's all the /stunt bugs I can think of atm, enjoy! (or not)

First, and my least favourite: When you spawn a car, sometimes that same car spawns in the same position alot, and it takes this piss when runty decides to spawn his vehicles right outside the enterance to my favourite tunnel :(. It's also pretty annoying when I spawn a Hydra somewhere and then I die and get teleported back there cuz of the respawn thing and I find my self stuck in a copy of the Hydra I just spawned.

Bug2: This one's pretty minor. I don't quite remember how it works, and it might not even happen anymore. As I remember it, if you go in the /stunt menu to the time settings, then exit that text box that comes up, the menus will be out of sync (e.g if you select "Weather" it will take you to special features or something).

Bug3: This isn't that much of a bug, more like an annoying loophole thing, falky might have noticed it too. There's that thing that makes you respawn wherever you last spawned a vehicle. This means, if you spawn a vehicle in the air, when you die you respawn in the air and fall to your death. It usually happens to me when my Hydra's wing gets broke and I have to spawn a new one. I just bail out and spawn one as I'm falling, annoying having to land. If I then go on to die, I'll respawn in the air, fall and die. Sometimes it happens at a height just enough for me to die from, but not enough for me to be able to spawn a vehicle as I'm falling to stop me.

Bug4: Well not a bug, but more of an unfinished world. If you activate "World Location", you go to a world with no MTA objects. I prefer it when flying Hydras and planes, because I don't just crash into a building that decides to spawn in my path. The reason I'm, reporting this one is because people have probably been stunting with the ramps and decided there's too many spam vehicles, so they activate "World Location" and find that there's no ramps, and no admin to clear the stunt vehicles in the main world. I think a solution to this would be to add the objects in, and make another seperate world for people who don't want objects.

Bug5: This might not even exist, but I'm sure I noticed it earlier. Max cleared the stunt vehicles (or so the server says), but all the vehicles stayed. I think I had World Location on, so it could be a bug where the TT world vehicles don't clear.

Also, I think World Location should be renamed to Stunt TT World, because before I tried it, I thought it was a teleport thing.

Thanks, your /stunt bug intel provider [UK]JOE. ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:02:00 pm by [UK]Rac3r »

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
Re: The /stunt bug encyclopedia
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:43:39 am »
Also,

me, lilrunty and you were stunting with packers with World Location.
The packers kept disappearing and we always thought that they get destroyed after some time.
I changed back to normal stunt mode, with world location back to normal, and there the packers appeared!

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:49 pm »
Also,

The packers kept disappearing and we always thought that they get destroyed after some time.
I changed back to normal stunt mode, with world location back to normal, and there the packers appeared!

nah, they dissapeared, you just saw packers i'd spawned in that world lol

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 07:45:18 pm »
Also,

nah, they dissapeared, you just saw packers i'd spawned in that world lol

No, there were 5 packers spawned at each stunt place(stuck in each other).

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:23:23 pm »
I was gonna make a megathread about this, but I kept on forgetting. Niceone

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »
Bug 1 : Fixed (Extended time of respawn)
Does respawn -1 mean no respawn timer?

Bug 2 : Unable to force the bug, need more information

Bug 3 : Fixed (Added check to find ground position, over sea spawns will not save position, over land spawns with height, will spawn the player on the ground)

Bug 4 & 5 : Fixed (Changed Stunt TT world to StuntWorld-NoObjects), now only includes 2 worlds, both will be cleared with /clearstunt from now on)

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: The /stunt bug encyclopedia [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:35:22 pm »
@bug2, this may not even still exist. It first happened when the Special Features menu was added, just after speedboost etc were on the initial /stunt screen. If you changed the time, the menu was kinda out of sync. I think it got accidentally fixed when special features became more detailed, so nvm :L

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
Re: The /stunt bug encyclopedia [WIP]
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:03:53 pm »
NEW DETAILS TO MY REPLY:

The vehicles didn't get destroyed, the vehicles did change the virtual world to normal.

This happens when the race in /race changes.