Author Topic: Kicking the haxors  (Read 6052 times)

Offline [LSR]Cypher

• Manager
  • Right behind you
    • View Profile
Kicking the haxors
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:31:06 am »
Sometimes there are hackers online without any admins on server. In this situation there's nothing that usual players can do about it.

But!

My idea is to create a command (mb /404) that would change player' vote to 404 or other "special" race (hope you know what i mean ;)) ignoring other races that are might be chosen after race finishes. So that after this race finish the server will be clean and shiny again :D

Offline Karlip

• Admin
  • -something clever-
    • View Profile
Re: Kicking the haxors
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:35:13 am »
or make there always be a anti-cheat dragrace in the voting list when no admins are online.

Offline Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:31:52 am »
or if a number of reports made by various players (all the same person report) that the server 404 then automatically load

Offline Witchfynde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:26:28 pm »
Yeah, if theres no admin online or one hasnt been active for the last five minutes, with enough reports 404 should load.
Kurrackt grammer, seenteks n cahpeetahleezey-shun art ye mates.

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:01:35 pm »
or if a number of reports made by various players (all the same person report) that the server 404 then automatically load

+1

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:39 pm »

That's so easy that it will get abused to annoy others.

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:26:32 pm »
The simple solution to this is to put either 404 or doubleyou on every hour or so, it's a comprimise because the cheaters might get to play for a while but it isn't very intrusive so you won't see them every 2-3 races. When an admin is online though, I think these races shouldn't come on at all unless an admin puts them on.

I think it's a pretty good idea.

+1

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:44 pm »
so what do we do about the smartass cheaters? I mean the guys that doesn't use speedhack during drag races.

Offline Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 06:48:19 pm »

That's so easy that it will get abused to annoy others.

Therefore reports should also come from different players. I think it would be stupid if players would do, those races are not funny or something.
they would be trying to test it, and if it does not go well, then you can remove it again
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:52:24 pm by [AH] larry[NL] »

Offline [LSR]Jarol

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 06:49:05 pm »
so what do we do about the smartass cheaters? I mean the guys that doesn't use speedhack during drag races.

Only guys with score under 1000 can be banned then?

Offline [LSR]Cypher

• Manager
  • Right behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »
The simple solution to this is to put either 404 or doubleyou on every hour or so
Wait 1 hour (or even 30 minutes) when a hacker would be finally detected by "impossible record"... that's pretty long, plus
what do we do about the smartass cheaters? I mean the guys that doesn't use speedhack during drag races.
so the racers would wait another hour for a 404 to load... hmm not good i think.

Larry's idea with report and Karlip's constant dragrace are pretty nice.

I got one more idea. I think almost all races have constant highscores, that are really hard to beat. I mean it is possible to make it up to 10 seconds better but not more. So, maybe it would be easier to make a global limit for all races like this
 - if player finishes it less than, for example 95% (or 90%, or 85%) of top1 time, he'll be kicked as a cheater. And when you would be testing newraces, this mode would be disabled cause you load it from some special "new races" list. How do you like that?

Offline [MAF]PyroFox

• Leader
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 10:23:15 pm »
Having a drag race on the vote menu constantly would be incredibly annoying and abused just like the report thing, the best comprimise is to just set the server to put on an anticheat race every now and then, it won't get all the cheaters, but it's the best comprimise. The best solution is to just get admins that play during late at night.

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 01:21:58 am »
so the racers would wait another hour for a 404 to load... hmm not good i think.

Larry's idea with report and Karlip's constant dragrace are pretty nice.

I got one more idea. I think almost all races have constant highscores, that are really hard to beat. I mean it is possible to make it up to 10 seconds better but not more. So, maybe it would be easier to make a global limit for all races like this
 - if player finishes it less than, for example 95% (or 90%, or 85%) of top1 time, he'll be kicked as a cheater. And when you would be testing newraces, this mode would be disabled cause you load it from some special "new races" list. How do you like that?

I see the best racers unbanning themselves all the time(most of them are admin).

That ain't gonna work. Best is like Pyrofox said, to start a drag races every 30 minutes or something like that.. So speedhackers get banned (except the smarter ones).

Offline [MAF]Cthulhu

• Admin
  • Trance, Progressive, Techno <3
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: [MAF]Phobos
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 04:52:35 am »
Well, just to say, server is without admins even at noon and in the afternoon not just at night. Yesterday I got message on xfire from falco and then from karlip on steam to come on the server to ban cheaters..