Author Topic: [AFK]M4lysz  (Read 19723 times)

Offline ...

• Admin
    • View Profile
Re: [AFK]M4lysz
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 01:36:47 pm »
imo i think its classed as cheating because he is using substances to improve his racing ability

You can't be serious on that one?
1: I don't really think you're racing better when you're high.
2: I'm sure a lot of us have ever at least smoked some weed but also tried other drugs, so if every weed smoker, or any other drug user had to leave AX while he's high, AX wouldn't have so many members connected in the same time. Why not forbid alcohol drinkers too then? And like moo said, the coffee drinkers, since it "awakes" you? I personnaly often drink a lot of coffee in the morning, otherwise there are some days that I'd fall asleep while walking.
3: IMO any player who is playing with "humanly possible" conditions must be accepted. I mean nothing that has a effect on the game, but they can smoke crack the whole day, who cares as long as they respect the rules.

About the AFK thing, I think think you're right about some things, but not about others:
-Going AFK for hours is useless. It can make people more respectfull to the rules, but anyway the new players/cheaters usually don't check /admins and don't know any admin (a few probably check /admins, but they're probably a minority). It can also piss off a little bit the people who wanna talk to the /AFK admin or who report when there's no other admin connected. You usually don't check if a player is AFK before to talk to him if he's connected (well I don't, and if I don't get an answer I check /stats to see if he's AFK or anything). Some players, especially non-english speaker players may not know what does AFK stand for. But it can happen sometimes to forget that you were in AFK on AX and that you go out, watch a movie, or anything, like moo said.

I don't see why there's got to be a whole debate about that, just try to explain to malysz why you think going AFK for long time isn't that good, I don't really know him but I guess he's not that stupid to not understand something if you explain it politely.
And about the weed, imo just let it go, if people smoke weed and still playing respecting the rules, who cares? AX is a video game (well, it's only a server for a video game xD), not the olympic games so it's not a big deal.

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:48 pm »
its only game so everybody can smoking and smoking. it isnt cheating and you shouldnt tell to anyone what can do. ganja sensimila marijuana

fuck police and informers

i smoke two joints before i smoke two joints and then i smoke two more

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 02:51:21 pm »
amazing brain you must have then.

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52:57 pm »
u dont know who i am

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:31 pm »
i smoke two joints before i smoke two joints and then i smoke two more

i don't want to neither.

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 03:12:45 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-0MibDeHQ[/youtube]

only two
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:20:20 pm by skunk »

Offline Tommmmmmm

• SnoopyFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 03:39:06 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-0MibDeHQ[/youtube]

only two

and music has something to do with this topic?
HELLO THERE

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 03:46:35 pm »
probably too red eyed to see what he posted lol

Offline [FSR]Ush

• Admin
  • Aart
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 04:14:39 pm »
Hmm.. nothing wrong with being stoned online.. I'm most of the time stoned while playing lol.

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »
shit I just had a small quake but still a bit alarmed, now to the point. About drugs I dont think its a big deal, yeah some might react a bit faster when they see a pole on the way, but may also over react, still they have the same game we have, so there is no unfair advantage.  About afk I thinks its pretty lame to do that just to inflate the players online, the server dont need that, its so superior to other servers in such a way that doing that is useless. Also remember those servers might be full, but those players might be cheaters. And also I get really annoyed when I speak to somebody and they wont answer cuz they are watching a movie
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not

Offline [AK47]skunk

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • AK47
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 05:10:38 pm »
has same like embarrassing provocations of snoopy :-[

Offline ǝǝǝoſ[sXɐ]

• Admin
    • View Profile
  • In-game name: Joeee
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 07:10:50 pm »
lol @ runty actually making a topic about this :L

I kinda agree with both sides, I'll quote the parts I agree with.

About afk I thinks its pretty lame to do that just to inflate the players online, the server dont need that, its so superior to other servers in such a way that doing that is useless. Also remember those servers might be full, but those players might be cheaters. And also I get really annoyed when I speak to somebody and they wont answer cuz they are watching a movie

only problem i have is 10 hour afkers, like runty said at the end of the day cheaters will get away with it if admins are afk or are offline, we don't need either, i'd rtaher them not escape becase if we get the ban then there's a chance they have a static ip and can't rejoin, that's one cheater less to ban evade.

But it can happen sometimes to forget that you were in AFK on AX and that you go out, watch a movie, or anything, like moo said.

I also wanted to quote moo's post about people not joining the server if it doesn't have many people on but it was on a different page so I couldn't insert a quote (might have actually been R's post).

About that drugs thing, unless it's coke which speeds up reactions, debating that it totally retarded and I'm not even gonna speak about it lol

Offline [MAF]mooman

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 08:20:13 pm »
About afk I thinks its pretty lame to do that just to inflate the players online, the server dont need that, its so superior to other servers in such a way that doing that is useless. Also remember those servers might be full, but those players might be cheaters. And also I get really annoyed when I speak to somebody and they wont answer cuz they are watching a movie
good point tbh. hm well how about if you're idle for half an hour it kicks you? the only other idea i can think of is to make their name completely black on the list so you know they're not there
will read and answer your forum PMs when I'm less busy!

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
has same like embarrassing provocations of snoopy :-[

you've just embarrassed yourself really by posting a youtube music video into this topic...

the only other idea i can think of is to make their name completely black on the list so you know they're not there

or bring back the [AFK] tag in the name list? like XR had in the early days
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:36:26 pm by Snoopy »

Offline [MAF]MrHess

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 08:52:05 pm »
the afk tag or kick after 1 hour sounds like a great idea, glad to see this is solving in a nice constructive way :)
I would much rather be hated for what I am than loved for something that I'm not