Author Topic: Purpose or Mission Statement of the Server  (Read 4413 times)

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
Purpose or Mission Statement of the Server
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:49:42 am »
Do we have one?

It's a weird question i know, but my idea of a forced registration turning racers off got me thinking.

Are we actively aiming to get new users on? If so, do we want ones that will stick around?
Do we want transient racers who come on once and never again or do we want to encourage racers to stay and improve and join in the community (just like we all did)?

It would be interesting to see usage stats on racers to see how long the average racer is active on the server from first playing to registering (done in IP i guess?) Or registering to never playing again/getting banned or whatever.

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
  • Well, this is embarrassing.
    • View Profile
Re: Purpose or Mission Statement of the Server
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:16:56 am »
Nothing is set in stone, but I'm sure we all have our goals for the server. I know do.

• Best racing enviroment
  • Have fun
  • Safe and secure
  • Friendly community
To be fair, we've nailed the above.

It would be interesting to see what percentage join and stay, compared to those who join and quit.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:52 am »
If they are the aims, what would it matter if we did make decisions that had knock on effects, as long as those knock on effects don't go against the grain of the aims above?

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:31 am »
Good point, there's a lot that's damaged the things I wanted. Bugs, a lot created by me obviously, there son't help. People see bugs, they think flawed and maybe quit.

Admins who think they can talk about players however they want, just cause they're admin. They might quit.

Seeing admins with armour and guns, that could make them thing we're all hacking/abusing.

Punishing players for crashes, that would piss me off if we an accident. Sometimes it's needed to let the player know he was in the wrong. But... some admins use it just to be power eny cunts. Crashes and accidents happen, let's not fuck their race up.

The above don't help at all.

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:54:46 am »
Indeed, all very true.

Surely all suggestions made in the suggestions thread should be tested against the aims of the server to see if they should be done or at least prioritised?

Offline MikeGT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 11:09:36 am »
Good point, there's a lot that's damaged the things I wanted. Bugs, a lot created by me obviously, there son't help. People see bugs, they think flawed and maybe quit.

Admins who think they can talk about players however they want, just cause they're admin. They might quit.

Seeing admins with armour and guns, that could make them thing we're all hacking/abusing.

Punishing players for crashes, that would piss me off if we an accident. Sometimes it's needed to let the player know he was in the wrong. But... some admins use it just to be power eny cunts. Crashes and accidents happen, let's not fuck their race up.

The above don't help at all.
Oh, your describing falky? :O

Offline [MAF]falky

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:09 am »
shh

Offline [2F2F]Hellmuth

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:25:47 am »

Wouldn't be many left then  ;D

Offline [MAF]Snoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:36:35 am »
admins need fun too :D

Offline Sn1k3rs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 12:00:32 pm »
Agreen

Offline [MAF]Rac3r

• Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:14:12 pm »
admins need fun too :D
Agreed, but it's true that it could make people quit ;)

Indeed, all very true.

Surely all suggestions made in the suggestions thread should be tested against the aims of the server to see if they should be done or at least prioritised?
I'd like to think we do take it in into consideration when a suggestion is posted, can't think of any that would destroy the mission goals.

Can you?

Offline [MAF]Sighmoan

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 08:56:20 am »
Not really.

Maybe the main page of the website should list those aims you posted above :)

Offline DraGuna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 11:46:00 pm »
Scr0p u are total retarded 1 guy from SC asked me to join the clan so i joined then i exit and change my nick and low with new acc u are so stupid kid, and i dont give a sh1th for that kiddo clan  :-X :-X :-X

Offline b00tsyou

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 12:35:56 am »
agree with R , mocking at noobs isnt a good thing (when they ask a car some regulars  players and even admins  answer  /q  ... )

Offline Scorpion.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 01:36:29 am »
ya Agree with R , a step forward could be the right behavior by the admin for right behavior. and then I have an idea of the moderators having different functions from the Admin. Moderator instance have the task of keeping clean chat and not spam, etc.

Sorry for english  :-\

bye